Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Arsenal v Liverpool Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg - POSTPONED

Read 8996 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Re: Arsenal v Liverpool Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg Thurs 6th Jan 19:45 Kick Off
      Reply #69: Jan 05, 2022 01:02:53 pm
      No doubt they were the same ones calling for the league to be null & void the other year when we were going for the title on the grounds of "sporting integrity" and "safety". Now more than happy for us to play a cup tie without a manager, assistant, any goalies, several first team players and a COVID outbreak in the training ground a few days ago 😂

Shows how bitter people are as well as obsessed with us when they can't stand the thought of us winning the league Cup. In their heads 24/7.
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Re: Arsenal v Liverpool Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg Thurs 6th Jan 19:45 Kick Off
      Reply #70: Jan 05, 2022 01:02:59 pm
      Look if they really wanted they could say next week becomes the 1st leg and the 2nd leg moved to Wednesdsy 22nd. They dont have to be knobs about it

They must of heard you Brian
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #71: Jan 05, 2022 01:06:05 pm
      Shame we’ve lost home advantage second leg through no fault of our own.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #72: Jan 05, 2022 01:08:47 pm
      Good it's called off. Stupid having a two legged semi for this competition, really is.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,239 posts | 2815 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #73: Jan 05, 2022 01:09:33 pm

Common sense

Now the arsenal fans and others giving out would want to have a word with themselves
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #74: Jan 05, 2022 01:18:09 pm
      If next week becomes the first leg then it will have to be played at arsenal as the draw gave us home advantage 2nd leg.

Obviously not then. Farce

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #75: Jan 05, 2022 01:25:18 pm
      There’s a lot of Flu going around isn’t there…just saying like…I mean in the summer months there was a upsurge in hayfever…..funny that, in summer lots of pollen, and winter it gets f***in cold and flu bugs thrive but we seem to have eradicated those miraculously, can’t ever remember those headlines that centuries old virus’s had been wiped out, hmm, must have fell asleep that day !!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #76: Jan 05, 2022 01:38:09 pm
      Look if they really wanted they could say next week becomes the 1st leg and the 2nd leg moved to Wednesdsy 22nd. They dont have to be knobs about it

But that wouldn’t help Arsenal would it. By doing it their way, we’ve lost second leg home advantage.
      It’s clear there’s an alternative, ie playing the first leg on the second leg date. The fixture then stays as it was drawn, but they have to try find a way, any way, to F**k us over.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,239 posts | 2815 
      Reply #77: Jan 05, 2022 01:43:47 pm
      But that wouldn’t help Arsenal would it. By doing it their way, we’ve lost second leg home advantage.
      It’s clear there’s an alternative, ie playing the first leg on the second leg date. The fixture then stays as it was drawn, but they have to try find a way, any way, to f**k us over.

Honestly the 2nd leg away doesnt bother me, think were as likely to smash the cnuts there as we are at Anfield
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #78: Jan 05, 2022 02:02:41 pm
      It’s clear there’s an alternative, ie playing the first leg on the second leg date. The fixture then stays as it was drawn, but they have to try find a way, any way, to f**k us over.

To be fair, keeping the Anfield tie as the 13th means at least one set of travelling supporters won't be inconvenienced. Not ideal for us, but I can see their thinking behind it. Still think we'll do them either way 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Re: Arsenal v Liverpool Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg - POSTPONED
      Reply #79: Jan 05, 2022 02:09:26 pm
      Honestly the 2nd leg away doesnt bother me, think were as likely to smash the cnuts there as we are at Anfield

Tend to agree.  Not bothered by it.  A week's a long time in football these days.  Arsenal's training ground might be shut by next week!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #80: Jan 05, 2022 03:01:31 pm
      Importantly is that we are given adequate time to recover from this.

I do not worry too much about home first because we are living in a difficult time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #81: Jan 05, 2022 03:55:27 pm
      A cunning plan to see out the Afcon period!!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #82: Jan 05, 2022 04:53:31 pm
      The reds have got no players, but we'll still win the league (cup) 🎶
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #83: Jan 05, 2022 05:15:20 pm
      Interesting the U18s tie called off Friday are these going to play Saturday with  a sprinking of senior players ?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,239 posts | 2815 
      Reply #84: Jan 05, 2022 05:33:15 pm
      Interesting the U18s tie called off Friday are these going to play Saturday with  a sprinking of senior players ?

Or all infected to
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #85: Jan 05, 2022 05:36:42 pm
      they all train in same place now and thats shut, so cant train, basically whole club isolating for now. DOH
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #86: Jan 05, 2022 05:44:35 pm
      I need to start putting P-P in the prediction league I think...
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #87: Jan 05, 2022 07:09:18 pm
      I hope so. Unless there is another variant.

You mean like the IHU varient that's coming out 🤣🤣🤣
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #88: Jan 05, 2022 07:14:50 pm
      There’s a lot of Flu going around isn’t there…just saying like…I mean in the summer months there was a upsurge in hayfever…..funny that, in summer lots of pollen, and winter it gets f***in cold and flu bugs thrive but we seem to have eradicated those miraculously, can’t ever remember those headlines that centuries old virus’s had been wiped out, hmm, must have fell asleep that day !!

Nah mate flu has all but been eradicated for the first time in decades, because everyone has been social distancing, wearing masks and washing their hands.

It's just this pesky covid floating about now and running rampant because, you know, nobody is social distancing, wearing masks or practicing proper hygiene.

Wait a minute, let me just run through that again in my head and get back to you in a few minutes, something isn't making sense to me 🤣🤣
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #89: Jan 05, 2022 07:44:34 pm

Would the FA cup tie not have been cancelled by now or are they waiting for the first 3 Covid affected to players to return to see if we can muster XI
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #90: Jan 05, 2022 07:50:53 pm
      Null & void the league...😂
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3404 
      Reply #91: Jan 05, 2022 07:54:42 pm
      Would the FA cup tie not have been cancelled by now or are they waiting for the first 3 Covid affected to players to return to see if we can muster XI

Allison , Matip and Bobby are due back on Thursday if they test negative , the boss on friday

Guess depends on how many other test positive from this outbreak

Quick Reply