Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Arsenal v Liverpool Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg - POSTPONED

Read 8874 times
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: Arsenal v Liverpool Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg Thurs 6th Jan 19:45 Kick Off
      Reply #46: Jan 04, 2022 08:30:01 pm
      If they force us to play it we should just not turn up.
      But at least we seem to be taking the competition seriously enough to want to play it near full strength.

I can imagine the Shrewsbury game klopp would be happy to play the kids anyway.

It will be like this until spring I reckon. And as covid isn’t going away the football chiefs should look at possibly making seasons run from March until November so miss out the colder months.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Re: Arsenal v Liverpool Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg Thurs 6th Jan 19:45 Kick Off
      Reply #47: Jan 04, 2022 08:43:05 pm
      If they force us to play it we should just not turn up.
      But at least we seem to be taking the competition seriously enough to want to play it near full strength.

I can imagine the Shrewsbury game klopp would be happy to play the kids anyway.

It will be like this until spring I reckon. And as covid isn’t going away the football chiefs should look at possibly making seasons run from March until November so miss out the colder months.

Nah. Infection rates will drop like a stone pretty soon, the pandemic is mostly over.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #48: Jan 04, 2022 08:57:21 pm
      Nah. Infection rates will drop like a stone pretty soon, the pandemic is mostly over.

I hope so. Unless there is another variant.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,254 posts | 2800 
      Reply #49: Jan 04, 2022 09:05:02 pm
      Wouldn't be surprised if we're forced to play this with the U18s after that farcical situation a couple years back of having to play the kids at Villa when the squad was in Qatar for the Club World Cup.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,229 posts | 1650 
      Reply #50: Jan 04, 2022 09:33:57 pm
      Wouldn't be surprised if we're forced to play this with the U18s after that farcical situation a couple years back of having to play the kids at Villa when the squad was in Qatar for the Club World Cup.

Didn't Villa have to play their kids against us as well think in FA Cup
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #51: Jan 04, 2022 11:20:51 pm

But then the EFL, FA, Prem will have to change the protocol.

If we've asked for Thursday to be postponed seems like Sunday might be in jeopardy as well. Anyone know if there is an outbreak among Academy teams? Wouldn't shock me if there is.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,282 posts | 1513 
      Reply #52: Jan 04, 2022 11:21:47 pm
      If there’s any chance it will hinder our progress, they’ll make us play it.

Just our luck, Arse have hit some decent form, while we have a decimated squad.

1st leg if we’re putting out a scratch side, let’s not give them to many opportunities, and keep the back tight !
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #53: Jan 04, 2022 11:22:13 pm
      I hope so. Unless there is another variant.
      Unfortunately there is IHU variant in France,they are down playing it saying it’s nothing which will probably mean it’s going to be horrendous in a couple of months.

DanMann

• 5,696 posts | 880 
      Reply #54: Jan 05, 2022 12:35:09 am
      Unfortunately there is IHU variant in France,they are down playing it saying it’s nothing which will probably mean it’s going to be horrendous in a couple of months.

There are plenty of insignificant variants, and they are saying this "new" one came before Omicron and is already fading away.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,386 posts | 201 
      Reply #55: Jan 05, 2022 09:35:59 am
      If they don’t allow us to postpone it as we can’t even prepare for the game with no first team squad training and coaches isolating then simply we should pull out and forfeit
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3359 
      Reply #56: Jan 05, 2022 09:39:16 am
      Pep has also tested posted as well
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,071 posts | 2748 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #57: Jan 05, 2022 09:45:27 am
      If this isnt called by lunch itll go ahead. They need to allow time to let the policeand emergency services know if they are required or not. They need time to allow fans cancel or make travel arrangements, though I suspect they couldnt give a toss about fans. And then of course the 2 clubs need to know in time for last bits of prep

Thats my opinion anyway, no call by lunch it goes ahead
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,071 posts | 2748 
      Reply #58: Jan 05, 2022 09:46:06 am

sh*te
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #59: Jan 05, 2022 09:46:41 am
      I thought it was a funny statement from the EFL

We will judge it against the rules set out at the beginning of the season and see where we are

Something along those lines

Surely Omicron has moved the goalposts on those initial rules and guidelines
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,071 posts | 2748 
      Reply #60: Jan 05, 2022 09:53:53 am
      Efl under pressure from sponsors??
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #61: Jan 05, 2022 11:41:21 am
      You'd think we were the only club in English Football history to have requested a postponement because of a COVID outbreak judging by the carryon I've read online. Embarrassing levels of faux outrage being spewed at the minute
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #62: Jan 05, 2022 11:45:42 am
      You'd think we were the only club in English Football history to have requested a postponement because of a COVID outbreak judging by the carryon I've read online. Embarrassing levels of faux outrage being spewed at the minute

its amazing isnt it. crackpot city on the twitter.

Theres been loads of games called off past few weeks, but when LFC ask for a game to be resheduled were cheating. ;D
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 514 
      Reply #63: Jan 05, 2022 11:49:21 am
      If they make us play with the current situation in the squad, then that would be a travesty.

If they say play then I think the club should make a stand, fcuk em.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,071 posts | 2748 
      Reply #64: Jan 05, 2022 11:56:41 am
      Look if they really wanted they could say next week becomes the 1st leg and the 2nd leg moved to Wednesdsy 22nd. They dont have to be knobs about it
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #65: Jan 05, 2022 12:17:38 pm
      forfeit the game as a 3-0 loss and bring them to Anfield we all know what happens then. I suspect Jürgen would happily pass on these two games.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #66: Jan 05, 2022 12:21:01 pm
      Look if they really wanted they could say next week becomes the 1st leg and the 2nd leg moved to Wednesdsy 22nd. They dont have to be knobs about it

If next week becomes the first leg then it will have to be played at arsenal as the draw gave us home advantage 2nd leg.

Amazing isn't it. All these games cancelled and nobody says anything. As soon as liverpool ( who played 2 or 3 times recently despite covid issues) apply for a postponement there is an outcry of cheating. Obsessed with us the lot of them.

I've no idea why this has come into the public domain. Should have been done behind closed doors and an announcement made if one needed making in time to stop anyone planning to goto the game from travelling.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #67: Jan 05, 2022 12:36:02 pm
      its amazing isnt it. crackpot city on the twitter.

Theres been loads of games called off past few weeks, but when LFC ask for a game to be resheduled were cheating. ;D

No doubt they were the same ones calling for the league to be null & void the other year when we were going for the title on the grounds of "sporting integrity" and "safety". Now more than happy for us to play a cup tie without a manager, assistant, any goalies, several first team players and a COVID outbreak in the training ground a few days ago 😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,861 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #68: Jan 05, 2022 01:01:38 pm
      Game confirmed off

Quick Reply