Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson Becker
      13 (23.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      25 (44.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (5.4%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (1.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      8 (14.3%)
      Neco Williams
      5 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: Jan 17, 2022 09:39:54 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16906 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Jan 13, 2022 09:51:14 pm
      Sometimes after a result that didnt go our way some people come on here and overreact to the result. Likewise some people come and defend the performance or result to the hilt

Tonight Im feeling, probably for the first time, that everyone is annoyed, worried, angry etc etc
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #415: Jan 13, 2022 09:52:28 pm
      We'd lots of possession but, Arsenal parked the bus - 9 consistently in front of the goal, hard to play against a team playing for a draw!

It can be, but at home, a player up, you'd hope we'd be able to fashion a shot on target.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #416: Jan 13, 2022 09:52:28 pm
      Sometimes after a result that didnt go our way some people come on here and overreact to the result. Likewise some people come and defend the performance or result to the hilt

Tonight Im feeling, probably for the first time, that everyone is annoyed, worried, angry etc etc

I'm disappointed and maybe a touch embarrassed. No use to get angry or worried or annoyed. Game's over...it is what it is. Time to focus on our next match. 
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #417: Jan 13, 2022 09:52:37 pm
      Carra just commenting why subs not made earlier . Love managers who change things that clearly not working early was too late again
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #418: Jan 13, 2022 09:52:46 pm
      are we going to win the league with that team or the CL. That was our strongest team and with one on target by the time Mo and Sadio come back and then get up to speed it will all be over.
      Why cant Jürgen see how awful that midfield is and has been since they first played together they are just too similar.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #419: Jan 13, 2022 09:53:48 pm
      Methinks we'd be better off binning the throw in coach and getting a corner coach. Much better use of resources.

To be honest we've been terrible at corner's for as long as I remember so nothing new but frustrating as hell
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #420: Jan 13, 2022 09:54:23 pm
      Even while those two are out I'd sooner see Jones, Chamberlain or even Minamino in the third slot for something different.

Milner is finished at this level and I'm increasingly worried that the skipper isn't far behind him.

I agree mate, I’ve said a few times now I’d be moving Milner on come summer, I just don’t see what he offers anymore.

Hendo - I wouldn’t exactly be pushing him out the door but something has to change for him too, contributing very little this season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #421: Jan 13, 2022 09:54:24 pm
      People big upping Sadio....he's not really had the best run the last 8 or 9 games. Not sure how much we missed him this game. M-i-d-f-i-e-l-d is the problem. The area that most thought was pretty solid going into the season has now become our achilles heel.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Arsenal
      Reply #422: Jan 13, 2022 09:54:36 pm
      Even without Mo and Sadio, no excuse for such a lacklustre performance.
      Packed defence or not. Same routine over and over and over. Not getting behind them to get any drives a cross the box. All our attackers just standing amongst the arse players with no chance of receiving the ball with any time or space to do anything.
      Why isn’t there any lateral movement in there, dragging defenders around to open up a few gaps.
      Change players and do the same routine.
      Robbo’s behind Tsimikas for me. Never takes on the defender, always passing back, and his corner crossing has become abysmal.
      No or one player made any concerted effort to run through them. Once or twice, snd even if you don’t break through it puts them in s different mind set.
      Without trying that, their defenders hardly had to move to block our passes.
      Matip motm for me.
      Gonna be a  huge task at theirs now. Lost opportunity.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      Reply #423: Jan 13, 2022 09:54:55 pm
      are we going to win the league with that team or the CL. That was our strongest team and with one on target by the time Mo and Sadio come back and then get up to speed it will all be over.
      Why cant Jürgen see how awful that midfield is and has been since they first played together they are just too similar.

Sadly I think even adding the 2 lads in we arent winning fook all playing like that. No creativity no plan b or plan c
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 671 posts | 87 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Arsenal
      Reply #424: Jan 13, 2022 09:54:59 pm
      I’d have chinned every f..kin one of them as the walked down that tunnel and said you didn’t put a shift in yeh don’t get paid . Williams the only one I’d give a penny to there for how he stepped up the rest of them wouldn’t get a carrot .We looked desperate out there for 80 minutes no idea of what to do with the ball .Why keep on playing it though the middle when we’ve got no one there with any vision we’re to play the ball . Last 5 mins they realised oh there’s a trip down to Wembley at stake here . Unf..kinbievable
      Absolutely spot on, Man City would have played down the side lines of the 18 yard box as they normally do successfully, we played to much through the middle and the crazy chip into the middle from deep. Don't get me started on Robertson's corners. Attacking coaches need to get this lot in tomorrow and start coaching properly with this pack of cards.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,869 posts | 413 
      Reply #425: Jan 13, 2022 09:55:12 pm
      Methinks we'd be better off binning the throw in coach and getting a corner coach. Much better use of resources.

To be honest we've been terrible at corner's for as long as I remember so nothing new but frustrating as hell

Apparently we did get some German Neuroscientists in to help us out last pre season!
      Kitty
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 664 posts | 116 
      Reply #426: Jan 13, 2022 09:55:15 pm
      It can be, but at home, a player up, you'd hope we'd be able to fashion a shot on target.

You're right, but then we did - but Taki missed them!
      In One
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • I’m an arl arse
      Reply #427: Jan 13, 2022 09:55:26 pm
      That’s what you get WHEN YOU DONT INVEST
      What he said
      rossyred

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #428: Jan 13, 2022 09:55:29 pm

Worrying if we need a coach to help people on 150k a week to basically cross a ball into a zonal area .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #429: Jan 13, 2022 09:55:54 pm

you cant criticise the squad or you get the FSG mob onto you but tonight showed how far behind we are City and Chelsea and if this is what FSG want CL football top 4 then this is what we have to accept but the midfield regardless is just not as good as the defence or the attack and we get away with it because we have Robbo and Trent. So just accept the odd run to the semi finals and top 4 this is our future or worse if Mo goes
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #430: Jan 13, 2022 09:56:20 pm
      Also need a "shoot on open goal" coach apparently.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #431: Jan 13, 2022 09:56:28 pm
      Worrying if we need a coach to help people on 150k a week to basically cross a ball into a zonal area .

I do agree mate.

It's my biggest bugbear when watching football.

Does my head in.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      Reply #432: Jan 13, 2022 09:56:54 pm
      Even merson spots our problem, say no more
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,237 posts | 919 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #433: Jan 13, 2022 09:57:24 pm

We’re terrible in midfield for so many games this season needs improving never mind corners or throw ins
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,869 posts | 413 
      Reply #434: Jan 13, 2022 09:57:34 pm
      Trent has had covid this week which I overlooked earlier. I think he gets a pass on those grounds.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #435: Jan 13, 2022 09:57:38 pm
      People big upping Sadio....he's not really had the best run the last 8 or 9 games. Not sure how much we missed him this game. M-i-d-f-i-e-l-d is the problem. The area that most thought was pretty solid going into the season has now become our achilles heel.

Wouldnt mind a creative midfielder or AM to break teams down. After coutinho we havent had a midfielder who can create magic from nothing. We have alot of hard working midfielders but not very creative. Thiago is bit creative, but he aint a AM.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      Reply #436: Jan 13, 2022 09:57:47 pm
      Also need a "shoot on open goal" coach apparently.

fook the open goal just a shooting voach. F***ing sick looking at Hendo blast balls over the bar by 40 feet

Quick Reply