Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson Becker
      13 (23.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      25 (44.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (5.4%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (1.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      8 (14.3%)
      Neco Williams
      5 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: Jan 17, 2022 09:39:54 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16204 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Jan 14, 2022 07:55:51 am
      I did not see the match because I was not fine at all. As I'm reading the thread, Minamino lost a golden chance at the end.

klopp said we lost our style and I think that players coming from Covid need to get their fitness back.

We didnt lose our style, our style has well and truly been found out as in how to stifle it. And take away Mos x factor and voilla

Covids no excuse

This needs freshening up simple as
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #530: Jan 14, 2022 09:33:54 am
      Like I said last night, was a good warmup match after almost 2 weeks with no proper game and limited training.

We will be better Sunday, and even better by next Thursday to smash them at their gaff.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #531: Jan 14, 2022 09:42:56 am
      We have had 3 games in 11 days, dont know why some are making out like nothing took place on Sunday.

Also you cant on one hand have arguments for too many games or we need a winter break but then when the team play sh*te say its because we have not played enough games to be match fit

Call a spade a spade, were playing well below ourselves. Shrewsbury our only win in 6 games
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #532: Jan 14, 2022 09:57:11 am
      Still all to play for, I think victory is well within our grasp, come the second leg next Thursday.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #533: Jan 14, 2022 09:59:26 am
      Still all to play for, I think victory is well within our grasp, come the second leg next Thursday.

It is mate.

Let's face it we've seen performances like this even with the likes of Salah and Mane playing and as Jürgen says it's only half time.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #534: Jan 14, 2022 10:03:24 am
      We have had 3 games in 11 days, dont know why some are making out like nothing took place on Sunday.

Also you cant on one hand have arguments for too many games or we need a winter break but then when the team play sh*te say its because we have not played enough games to be match fit

Call a spade a spade, were playing well below ourselves. Shrewsbury our only win in 6 games

because the FA cup game wasn't a proper team, was mixmatch of u18s, u23s and some 1st team lads.

And yes results have been very patchy, but again I put that down to all the stupid niggly injuries, and then the covid outbreaks.

Im fully confident we will start to get some consistency back, and get back to winning ways.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #535: Jan 14, 2022 10:06:59 am
      Still frustrating to think of last night.

Trent gave nothing on his side, midfield as slow and ponderous as I've seen and front three not really gelling or knowing their roles.

Trent will shake this off and a few tweaks to the front three, one being Jota playing middle or left, will help but the midfield is the biggest issue for me.

None of them played well but we'll need Fabinho at the base and to get some sort of creativity I'd start Jones next two games and the third I'm struggling with as neither Hendo or Milner deserve a start but I don't fully trust Chamberlain.
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2022 10:16:25 am by srslfc »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #536: Jan 14, 2022 10:15:34 am

Trent gave nothing on his side, midfield as slow and ponderous as I've seen and front three not really gelling or knowing their roles.

Trent will shake this off and a few tweaks to the front three, one being Jota playing middle or left, will help but the midfield I'd the biggest issue for me.

None of them played well but we'll need Fabinho at the base and to get done sort of creativity I'd start Jones next two games and the third I'm struggling with as neither Hendo or Milner deserve a start but I don't fully trust Chamberlain.

Jota defo better down the middle.

And aye can see Jones starting on sunday ahead of Milner.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #537: Jan 14, 2022 10:24:56 am

Trent will shake this off and a few tweaks to the front three, one being Jota playing middle or left, will help but the midfield is the biggest issue for me.

None of them played well but we'll need Fabinho at the base and to get some sort of creativity I'd start Jones next two games and the third I'm struggling with as neither Hendo or Milner deserve a start but I don't fully trust Chamberlain.

I think Trent was clearly not at the races and he had just returned from Covid

skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #538: Jan 14, 2022 10:30:50 am
      Too negative after the sending-off, too slow with changes, worst performance of the season!

Teams looking for a point at Anfield must be thinking of starting with 10, as we look woeful against every side a man down this season!

Hope Jürgen can sort us out by Sunday, as I don't fancy the 11 hour round-trip on supporters coach to watch that shower of sh##e!

COYR!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #539: Jan 14, 2022 10:37:51 am
      Too negative after the sending-off, too slow with changes, worst performance of the season!

Was it though? To me it was very much our usual minus the genius of Salah. For some reason we wanted to plsy through the middle which was packed and without having a player who can hit that killer pass or open up those defences by running at them. Its all ball out to Robbo or Trent then back in to hendo or Fab repeat until someone shoots from outside the box

Jones our only hope for that in my opinion
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #540: Jan 14, 2022 10:38:19 am
      Well hope you feel better soon!
      As for the game, it wasn’t just minamino. The midfield trio never works well. It doesn’t create anything and as firmino is hardly a goal scorer and minamino hasn’t found his feet it meant that even if arsenal had 8 men we would have struggled to create.

As for our players coming back from covid im not sure avoit that. I think only Trent had it and the other people players had false positives.

Should have won. Didn't.
      Minamino is not the answer to games without Mane or Salah.
      Think we missed Origi in there, and the midfield looked much more creative once Curtis Jones came out.
      I know the space to give freedom for youth players is there, but really if that is to happen then don't start
      Milner and Hendo in this game.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #541: Jan 14, 2022 11:32:02 am
      Defo a shame Origi was not available.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #542: Jan 14, 2022 01:06:42 pm
      Defo a shame Origi was not available.

With his reputation of scoring late winners in big games you’d probably of sneaked  a 1-0 win
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #543: Jan 14, 2022 01:30:53 pm
      With his reputation of scoring late winners in big games you’d probably of sneaked  a 1-0 win

More than likely.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #544: Jan 14, 2022 01:39:28 pm
      Did Ox do anything I really cant remember him doing much other than having a shot. Why didnt Morton get a chance alongside Curtis ?. I think the game will suit us more next week and still expect us to win.

He had a run and shot over the bar, still closer than Matip's effort.

Grim is what I call last night. Side to side around Arsenal's box with no impact. Plenty of possession and controlled the game, but we still never looked like we were scoring a goal.

George Graham would of been proud of Arteta's tactics last night.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #545: Jan 14, 2022 02:00:03 pm

You know Trent has been getting stick for a few games now, so a worry it's not just Covid. Other than that assist for Mo I seem to remember him getting a fair bit of criticism for his lazy play as of late. But like yous aid, I think he will shake this off. Without some creativity from midfield though I fear we are going to see more games like this so I just hope we can take advantage of the chances we do (hopefully) create.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #546: Jan 14, 2022 03:09:41 pm
      Jota defo better down the middle.

And aye can see Jones starting on sunday ahead of Milner.

If Jones starts he will have to be a bit more imposing we neef some one creative. And the odd goal from both defence and midfield wouldnt go amiss
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #547: Jan 14, 2022 04:20:35 pm
      You have to start Jones next Thursday. Use Milner late, incase you go to pens or you need to see the game out with a lead.

Is straight to pens if were tied or do you go to extra time? I know the away goal rule is gone.

Is playing TAA in the MF and playing Joe or Neco a possibility with where we are atm?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #548: Jan 15, 2022 07:22:33 am
      So now Arsenal are expecting postponement on Sunday, wonder what team they will put ouy against us.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #549: Jan 15, 2022 08:45:54 am
      You have to start Jones next Thursday. Use Milner late, incase you go to pens or you need to see the game out with a lead.

Is straight to pens if were tied or do you go to extra time? I know the away goal rule is gone.

Is playing TAA in the MF and playing Joe or Neco a possibility with where we are atm?

It's a big game to 'experiment ' in but Trent could be our most creative midfielder and one that carries a goal threat. I'd try it on Sunday, we won't do though.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #550: Jan 15, 2022 11:14:03 am
      So now Arsenal are expecting postponement on Sunday, wonder what team they will put ouy against us.

After all the sh*t they gave us last week! Couldn't make it up really.

Apparently only one covid case in their squad so hopefully the PL stand firm and make them play.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #551: Jan 15, 2022 11:17:02 am
      After all the sh*t they gave us last week! Couldn't make it up really.

Apparently only one covid case in their squad so hopefully the PL stand firm and make them play.

Yea there really has to he done sort of set rules for Covid cases leading to a game postponement as clubs seem to be adding normal injuries into this as well to try and get games off.

Quick Reply