Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson Becker
      13 (23.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      25 (44.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (5.4%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (1.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      8 (14.3%)
      Neco Williams
      5 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: Jan 17, 2022 09:39:54 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16669 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Jan 15, 2022 11:29:42 am
      After all the sh*t they gave us last week! Couldn't make it up really.

Apparently only one covid case in their squad so hopefully the PL stand firm and make them play.

😂😂😂😂

https://twitter.com/gunnerpunner/status/1482081036767006727?t=-riH9iYqtF_R_58MqAjWLA&s=19
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #553: Jan 15, 2022 01:08:14 pm
      You have to start Jones next Thursday. Use Milner late, incase you go to pens or you need to see the game out with a lead.

Is straight to pens if were tied or do you go to extra time? I know the away goal rule is gone.

Is playing TAA in the MF and playing Joe or Neco a possibility with where we are atm?

He was moving into midfield at times during the game on Thursday with Milner dropping back to cover at rb.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #554: Jan 16, 2022 01:43:24 pm
      Quote from Isaac!
      My feeling is that it's not about them but it's about us. Ninety per cent of all oppo fans are gonna be working class, even in this rip off age. I love the chant and hope we sing it at Barnsley as we do in Chelsea. The timing of the chant was probably due to us getting fu**ed over - just as we do in life.

It's ironic really. Yes we know the reasons it is sung which I'm not going to argue with, but one thing they have given us, is the opportunity for fans to go to games in the current climate. With a different government, I have absolutely no doubt that this game (and the season in general) would be played with severe restrictions in capacity and the dreaded mask mandates, or else behind closed doors where nobody would be able to sing about anyone.

Just take a look at the neighbours. Wales is only down the road, and that was their response to omicron. Shut the place down, including outdoor stadiums, where we know transmission levels are minute. Stadiums in France Holland and Germany are virtually empty, Scotland shut and cancelled everything they could, and Ireland is currently under an oppressive 8pm curfew. Complete and total hysteria. Instead, we have full stadiums and fans watching our games as normal, even in mid-winter.

Now onto the game. It was what we expected it to be, but we're not supposed to care very much about this competition, as there's no cash in it and we would rather focus on the league. So we shouldn't lose our heads over a 0-0 scoreline at half time. It's not ideal, but we're still well capable of going down there next week and getting the job done. And then there won't be any calls for root and branch reform again, as there has been after this. For all their strength in depth, when City got a 0-0 draw, out they went. We have another chance to put it right and render this game irrelevant.

Personally, if I was offered a 0-0 in this, in exchange for winning the next two league games, then I would take it every time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #555: Jan 16, 2022 05:34:25 pm
      It's ironic really. Yes we know the reasons it is sung which I'm not going to argue with, but one thing they have given us, is the opportunity for fans to go to games in the current climate. With a different government, I have absolutely no doubt that this game (and the season in general) would be played with severe restrictions in capacity and the dreaded mask mandates, or else behind closed doors where nobody would be able to sing about anyone.

Just take a look at the neighbours. Wales is only down the road, and that was their response to omicron. Shut the place down, including outdoor stadiums, where we know transmission levels are minute. Stadiums in France Holland and Germany are virtually empty, Scotland shut and cancelled everything they could, and Ireland is currently under an oppressive 8pm curfew. Complete and total hysteria. Instead, we have full stadiums and fans watching our games as normal, even in mid-winter.

Oh F**k off, they haven't given us anything you F***ing tit.

F**k. THE. TORIES!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #556: Jan 16, 2022 05:39:02 pm

Now onto the game. It was what we expected it to be, but we're not supposed to care very much about this competition, as there's no cash in it and we would rather focus on the league. So we shouldn't lose our heads over a 0-0 scoreline at half time. It's not ideal, but we're still well capable of going down there next week and getting the job done. And then there won't be any calls for root and branch reform again, as there has been after this. For all their strength in depth, when City got a 0-0 draw, out they went. We have another chance to put it right and render this game irrelevant.

Personally, if I was offered a 0-0 in this, in exchange for winning the next two league games, then I would take it every time.

You on a wind up
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,139 posts | 1084 
      Reply #557: Jan 16, 2022 05:40:21 pm
      If were tied after 90 in leg 2, does it go straight to pens?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #558: Jan 16, 2022 05:42:01 pm
      If were tied after 90 in leg 2, does it go straight to pens?

Nope, extra-time first.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,139 posts | 1084 
      Reply #559: Jan 16, 2022 05:58:46 pm

Quick Reply