Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Success This Season??

Read 12918 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Success This Season??
      Reply #23: Jan 15, 2022 10:29:28 am
      PREM. Still got a chance but need other sides to show some balls, and have a go at city instead of laying down for them.
      FA CUP. Got a good 4th round draw which we should win. See who we get in the 5 th round.
      CL. Winnable game next, we are capable of going all the way when back to full strength.
      LEAGUE CUP. Arse certainly won’t play at home with 9 at the back, so it’s gonna be a more open game. If we start with the same midfield three as in the first leg, think we’ll be well beaten.
      Somethings gotta change.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #24: Jan 15, 2022 11:08:38 am
      This squad should be winning a trophy really. The CL is of course special so would make it a superb season whilst one of the domestic cups would give us a 'par' season I think.

Don't think the squad we went into this season was good enough to win the league (unless we stayed completely injury free which was unrealistic given some of the players we have) so top four will do in that regard.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #25: Jan 15, 2022 11:18:44 am
      PL is done. City is too good, only injuries or some disaster could stop them and I do not want us to win in such circumstances. So securing a CL spot for next season is the only goal left while we should go hard in case City somehow bottles it. CL & FA Cup are possible, nobody cares about the League Cup.

Next season we need this very team plus a world class addition. Then we can hope for more glory.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26: Jan 15, 2022 01:13:00 pm
      CL & FA Cup are possible, nobody cares about the League Cup.

In your eyes bellend, the rest of us true Liverpool fans are looking foward to a trip to Wembley!!

Why the F**k do people like you support us and come out with sh*t like this when you don't even go the game?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #27: Jan 15, 2022 01:15:12 pm
      nobody cares about the League Cup.

At this stage you should.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #28: Jan 15, 2022 01:21:32 pm
      PL is done. City is too good, only injuries or some disaster could stop them and I do not want us to win in such circumstances. So securing a CL spot for next season is the only goal left while we should go hard in case City somehow bottles it. CL & FA Cup are possible, nobody cares about the League Cup.

Next season we need this very team plus a world class addition. Then we can hope for more glory.

What a dumb thing to write, there are a lot of people who do care about the League Cup, and I'm one of them.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #29: Jan 15, 2022 01:29:52 pm
      In your eyes bellend, the rest of us true Liverpool fans are looking foward to a trip to Wembley!!

Why the F**k do people like you support us and come out with sh*t like this when you don't even go the game?

Badly want a Wembley final this season. It's been too long.

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #30: Jan 15, 2022 01:39:09 pm

Yes you don’t care. You don’t even bother if the 8 to turns into a 9. You must be those who left Istanbul at half time.

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #31: Jan 15, 2022 01:39:34 pm
      League Cup is a great competition. The early rounds can be a bit of a slog but once you get to the business end you can really appreciate it. The fact that all the games are midweek and under the lights makes it special for me as certain ties can have a real European feel about them. Leicester had that, Arsenal should have had it too but the lacklustre performance on the pitch subdued the atmosphere in the ground massively.

How anybody can say that they're not arsed about it especially when we're 90 minutes away from a final in the capital is baffling. I'm sick of watching the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea & City on the telly having their days out at Wembley. That should be us
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #32: Jan 15, 2022 01:41:09 pm
      League Cup is a great competition. The early rounds can be a bit of a slog but once you get to the business end you can really appreciate it. The fact that all the games are midweek and under the lights makes it special for me as certain ties can have a real European feel about them. Leicester had that, Arsenal should have had it too but the lacklustre performance on the pitch subdued the atmosphere in the ground massively.

How anybody can say that they're not arsed about it especially when we're 90 minutes away from a final in the capital is baffling. I'm sick of watching the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea & City on the telly having their days out at Wembley. That should be us

Yep.

If what many are thinking and the League is out of reach, I'm not so sure yet, then picking up League and FA Cups along the way is what it's all about for me.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #33: Jan 15, 2022 01:58:40 pm
      Yep.

If what many are thinking and the League is out of reach, I'm not so sure yet, then picking up League and FA Cups along the way is what it's all about for me.

League has gone mate
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #34: Jan 15, 2022 02:00:43 pm

Probably but I never give up until the points aren't there mate
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #35: Jan 15, 2022 02:03:35 pm
      Probably but I never give up until the points aren't there mate

Fair enough and it's the right attitude to have just don't see it . Got to keep going
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #36: Jan 15, 2022 02:28:16 pm
      Fair enough and it's the right attitude to have just don't see it . Got to keep going

Scratch that. The league's over. ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #37: Jan 15, 2022 02:32:24 pm
      Scratch that. The league's over. ;D

Not necessarily. I always assumed it would be teams you wouldn’t think that will beat City, not a bigger team. We’ll see.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #38: Jan 15, 2022 02:33:25 pm
      Not necessarily. I always assumed it would be teams you wouldn’t think that will beat City, not a bigger team. We’ll see.

I'm half joking mate but it's hard to see them losing one game never mind four.

We just have to keep winning and be there for any skip up.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #39: Jan 15, 2022 02:35:06 pm

And we have to go almost perfect , can't see it hope I am wrong
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #40: Jan 15, 2022 02:48:28 pm
      The League Cup if we go out early on I'm not too fussed but once we get to QF then win its deffo worth going for and sparks my enthusiasm. One of my favourite days supporting us was being at Wembley in 2012 seeing Stevie lift the trophy and the delight on King Kennys face.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #41: Jan 15, 2022 02:50:19 pm
      You are fools! The League Cup is a joke. Every coach of every good team shows it to you by playing bench players, even deep into the tournament. You can even see it in interviews how they feel uncomfortable to lie about this piece of laughter, but of course they give you the politically correct answer. PL & CL and with miles away the FA-Cup. The League Cup is the equivalent to when you brag about shagging a 50+ year old woman who is a prostitute. :mad:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42: Jan 15, 2022 02:58:45 pm
      You are fools! The League Cup is a joke. Every coach of every good team shows it to you by playing bench players, even deep into the tournament. You can even see it in interviews how they feel uncomfortable to lie about this piece of laughter, but of course they give you the politically correct answer. PL & CL and with miles away the FA-Cup. The League Cup is the equivalent to when you brag about shagging a 50+ year old woman who is a prostitute. :mad:

You don’t get it do you? We all know it’s the least favourite Cup to win but at this stage of a competition it’s still great to win even though it doesn’t have the stature of other competitions. You need a reality check laa…..  that’s if you’re a laaa 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #43: Jan 15, 2022 03:00:25 pm
      You don’t get it do you? We all know it’s the least favourite Cup to win but at this stage of a competition it’s still great to win even though it doesn’t have the stature of other competitions. You need a reality check laa…..  that’s if you’re a laaa 

Agree

Fill the trophy cabinet if you can't win the big one.

Far to many people these days obsessed about only the league and transfer windows.

Forget what football is all about unless for those newer fans that's what is more important??
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2022 03:27:49 pm by srslfc »
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #44: Jan 15, 2022 03:24:31 pm
      Agree

Fill the trophy cabinet if you can't win the big one.

Far to many people there says obsessed about only the league and transfer windows.

Forget what football is all about unless for those newer fans that's what is more important??

The silverware massive but I also see it as a perfect vehicle to look at younger players, fringe players and perfect for players returning from injury
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #45: Jan 15, 2022 03:30:20 pm
      Still alot to play for this season. 3 cups to for and we need to secure 2nd or at worst 3rd in the league. Its not like our season is over. It can still bring success.

But its time to put 4 or 5 out to pasture in the summer. We need better players. I dont care if they don't cost 60m each. I just want better players because our bench doesn't threaten our first team. Time to freshen things up and build a new team.

Quick Reply