Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Success This Season??

Read 12921 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Success This Season??
      Reply #115: May 20, 2022 02:35:55 pm

League every time for me, the CL, FA cup, League cup, etc are exactly what it says on the tin, they are CUP competition’s, one legged, two legged or even initially a league format, it’s still a cup comp, to win your domestic league is for me the ultimate test, without stating the obvious which of course I will, mean’s you are the best team, to have won more points than anyone else, to amass the most points from the 38 games you play in a particular season, that’s what makes you become Champions, 🤪

The Champions League is the biggest CUP competition of them all , completely separate from any domestic competition, at one time it used to live up to its title, CHAMPIONS League, but it’s not just the Champions that are permitted entry , which kind of makes a mockery of its title for me, anyhoo, it is what it is and it doesn’t detract the prestige that comes with it, it’s the ultimate test for the ‘supposed’ best side’s across Europe, it’s Massive of course, and you do get the same level of joy winning this as you do winning the league, we have six of these fuckers, and about to get our Seventh, 🥂

We have a unique affinity  with ‘Ol Big Ears’ going back to ‘77’, since then whenever we go far into the competition we can smell the Weiman’s (silver polish), RM must have the same affinity but f**k them, cheating cnuts, it is the one piece of Silverware that every club in Europe wants to get their hands on, none more so than those camel jockeys at Eastlands, but their amateur’s compared to us, as is Keith’s MUtants who have won three, the plastic Chavs have two same as Nottingham Forest, and Aston Villa have one, so only five clubs in our league and of course Celtic who were the first British club to win it, have won it, that is Unique-ness right there,

Everyone has their own opinions but like what Shankly said, the League is our ‘Bread & Butter’ that’s what your measured by, the CL is for some the holy grail, like Citeh, cos they’ve never won it, and won’t under Pep, in my opinion, but the league is the Ultimate for me, and beats any cup competition, hands down !!

Allez Allez Allez !!

Y  N  W  A

Excellent post which is unusual for you.  :f_whistle:  :lmao: Only thing I differ on is that I do think Pep will win them big ears before he packs in.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #116: May 20, 2022 03:07:02 pm
      Excellent post which is unusual for you.  :f_whistle:  :lmao: Only thing I differ on is that I do think Pep will win them big ears before he packs in.

F**k off Keith, at least I’m liked on here  :f_whistle:  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:,

Each to our own and all that mate, but for me Pep lacks the tactical nous for European competition, time and again he makes the wrong decisions, 6 years now he’s been trying to land the CL trophy with Citeh so it can’t all be down to bad luck, in last season’s final they didn’t even score, and the semi recently against RM again he made the wrong decisions, so for me he lacks something tactically against European opposition and domestic ones too in that Competition, whereas the likes of Jürgen, Ancelotti, etc have it spot on .

Ya pr**k  :lmao:

Y  N  W  A
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #117: May 20, 2022 03:26:05 pm

F**k off Keith, at least I’m liked on here  :f_whistle:  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:,

Each to our own and all that mate, but for me Pep lacks the tactical nous for European competition, time and again he makes the wrong decisions, 6 years now he’s been trying to land the CL trophy with Citeh so it can’t all be down to bad luck, in last season’s final they didn’t even score, and the semi recently against RM again he made the wrong decisions, so for me he lacks something tactically against European opposition and domestic ones too in that Competition, whereas the likes of Jürgen, Ancelotti, etc have it spot on .

Ya P**ck  :lmao:

Y  N  W  A

Also, the longer his wait drags on, the more nervous he becomes, and that nervousness is passed on to his players.
      As soon as they conceeded the first goal against Madrid, their heads were gone, as in 'here we go again', even though they were still leading.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #118: May 20, 2022 04:09:17 pm

Ya P**ck  :lmao:

Y  N  W  A

I’m on a scouse forum I’m not supposed to be liked.  :lmao: He has got what it takes much as I’d like to agree with you. He’s just been bit unlucky. Fingers crossed though he never wins one unless he’s playing you cnuts in a final.  :lmao:
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #119: May 20, 2022 04:44:03 pm
      Success this season? A trophy, and we have 2 so far. As far as Im concern this has been a successfull season no matter what happens next 🙂
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #120: May 20, 2022 05:02:33 pm
      I’m on a scouse forum I’m not supposed to be liked.  :lmao: He has got what it takes much as I’d like to agree with you. He’s just been bit unlucky. Fingers crossed though he never wins one unless he’s playing you cnuts in a final.  :lmao:

Fairy Muff mate, cos it’s highly unlikely to be your lot is it ?  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #121: May 20, 2022 05:47:33 pm
      I always preach that any trophy out of the 3 serious ones - FA, PL, CL - defines a successful season for Liverpool. So our season is a success already, no matter what still happens. For me, if I had to choose I‘d rather have CL7 than PL20 bc there is something precious about the European Cup which inofficially can be called the World Cup of clubs.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #122: May 20, 2022 07:00:05 pm

Fairy Muff mate, cos it’s highly unlikely to be your lot is it ?  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:spam:  ;D
      bobbyrogers
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #123: May 20, 2022 08:18:24 pm
      Following on from the debate around the quality of the squad and the need to buy this winter just thought it would be good to see if anyone feels we will win anything this season?

Also has the season so far been a success?

For me the league isn't out of reach but a win in our game in hand still leaves an 8 point gap which is essentially a three game swing on City which will be difficult on both sides current form. Not our of the question but really needs us to be on too of our game and them to start dropping point soon.

Into the last 16 of the CL with a difficult enough, albeit winnable, tie ahead.

As far in the League Cup as we have been in years with a game to win to get to Wembley.

Into the 4th Round of the Cup with a favourable draw which is nice.

So still in the hunt for the title, last 16 in Europe and doing as well as we've ever done in the domestic cups. I'd say that's there or thereabouts I'd have expected us to have been and maybe puts into perspective the chat about the quality of the squad when it's been questioned a lot recently.

3 out of 4 is not bad.  We will beat Madrid.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #124: May 20, 2022 11:29:41 pm
      I always preach that any trophy out of the 3 serious ones - FA, PL, CL - defines a successful season for Liverpool. So our season is a success already, no matter what still happens. For me, if I had to choose I‘d rather have CL7 than PL20 bc there is something precious about the European Cup which inofficially can be called the World Cup of clubs.

You do realise there's four competitions don't you? There's a reason we're going for the quadruple and not the treble. So go F**k yourself if you're one of those who thinks the League Cup doesn't matter.

As I've said earlier in this thread, the squad rewarded our greatest ever manager Bob Paisley with the honour of leading the boys up to collect the League Cup in 83 after it'd been announced he'd be stepping down as manager at the end of that season. And if it's good enough Bob then it's damn well F***ing good enough for you.

Nothing F***ing worse than football snobs.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #125: May 21, 2022 04:45:56 pm
      No one of pro football takes the Cup seriously. They talk the talk bc we are dumb football fans that pay their incomes, so they play along. You can clearly see the disrespect in that no decent team plays their best 11 until the very last game. That says more than all those shallow assurances.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #126: May 21, 2022 04:51:09 pm
      No one of pro football takes the Cup seriously. They talk the talk bc we are dumb football fans that pay their incomes, so they play along. You can clearly see the disrespect in that no decent team plays their best 11 until the very last game. That says more than all those shallow assurances.

Yet watching the players celebrate winning which gives the impression they care somewhat about the competition.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #127: May 21, 2022 05:00:55 pm
      Already a success, an unprecedented level of success in even having the possibility of winning the quad with 2 games left. Bit either the league or more realistically the CL will make it a f*cking golden year!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #128: May 22, 2022 12:55:47 am

Do you do anything other than talk bollocks?

When the club allows our most successful manager to lift the trophy in his final year, they clearly respect the League Cup.

When Kenny Dalglish wins the League Cup in 2012 and has tears in eyes during the celebrations, he clearly respects the League Cup.

When Jürgen Klopp wins the League Cup in 2022 and has tears in his eyes and compares the feeling of winning it to that of the European Cup then he clearly respects it.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #129: May 22, 2022 01:18:50 am
      Success is achieved no doubt but get this done tomorrow with City flapping and playing some weird formation and us winning the league game and the Champions league final too, then the unreal is real and there is no more success you could ask for. We've seen it happen before beating Barcelona 4 nil and the Instanbul final heh come on man still believe.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #130: May 22, 2022 02:38:41 am

Yeah, no one plays their best 11, even us, but we still went on to win it, in fact both of them. So our best 11 is as good as anyone, and our second side is better than anyones.
      That does it for me.
      Think you’re on the wrong forum mate. You might be more suited to one of the losers. Then you can bleat on all day long about how their weakened side won F**k all can’t you.

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #131: May 22, 2022 10:22:07 am
      Think you’re on the wrong forum mate. You might be more suited to one of the losers. Then you can bleat on all day long about how their weakened side won f**k all can’t you.

Yeah wrong forum. It sounded very bitter. We won two cups and suddenly no one takes these cups seriously. Downright bitter. Liverpool ain't the best team in the world, we have been very lucky for many years now... Our players and staff are just ordinary people who achieve extraordinary things.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #132: May 22, 2022 12:19:32 pm
      No matter what happens over the next 2 games, IF we only end up with both domestic cups then that’s been a success, taken the state owned club to the last kick of the ball & beat the group of death & now in another CL final, 17 other PL teams would bite your hands off for this..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #133: May 22, 2022 12:51:32 pm
      Quote from shabbadoo link=topic=52865.msg2478237 #msg2478237 date=1653218372
      No matter what happens over the next 2 games, IF we only end up with both domestic cups then that’s been a success, taken the state owned club to the last kick of the ball & beat the group of death & now in another CL final, 17 other PL teams would bite your hands off for this..

Agree Shabs no matter what happens a successful year. I’d swap shoes with you as a fan just to highlight some good times, forgotten what is was like with being a United fan.  :f_doh:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #134: May 22, 2022 12:55:07 pm
      I'd be curious to know... if you really had to choose, would you rather win the CL or the PL?

Personally, I'd go for the CL. It would cement even further our place amongst the elite. And it would piss City off so very, very much.

But on the other hand, winning the PL after being so far behind at one point would also be glorious...

The league. especially since it took so long to win the last one.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #135: May 22, 2022 01:57:29 pm
      Quote from 0112358

No it can't. There is a World Club Championship against the best the rest of the world can offer, and hopefully we will win it again soon. I'm already fed up of seeing Chelsea wearing the badge every week, but we couldn't after we won it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #136: May 23, 2022 10:13:27 am
      Would love to see our stats in all comps compared to the other top teams around europe.

Im sure there used to a table that was for all comps. just a bit of fun but interesting.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #137: May 23, 2022 02:52:56 pm
      City have spent something like £700 mil more than us in the last 10 years or adding a Virgil nearly every season. What Jürgen and the boys have done is just incredible and when you look at the money City have spent to beat us by 1 point and get beaten in the FA Cup semi and reach just 1 CL final compared to Jurgens 3 and idiots try to compare our manager to Pep well Pep isnt in the same league as Jürgen either as a manager or as a human being

Quick Reply