Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brentford?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (2.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.4%)
      Joel Matip
      7 (9.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (8.3%)
       Fabinho
      35 (48.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (5.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      6 (8.3%)
      Diogo Jota
      2 (2.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      5 (6.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (4.2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Kaide Gordon
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: Jan 20, 2022 03:52:37 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Brentford: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 14160 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Brentford: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Jan 16, 2022 04:47:11 pm
      Off the back of the performance/result against Arse, that could've been a bit of a banana skin today but fair play to the lads, and Jürgen, the result was the most important thing and they got the 3 points, will take that.
      Whatever about the gap at the top to Citeh, all we can do is win our games, which'd also give us some confidence going into the Cup matches.
      Sounded like TAA had a better game, and Fab on the scoresheet again ! :)
      Big game on Thurs night now, be nice to get to a final.  Assuming Arse don't try wheedle out of it...

Doubt it mate. The wheedled out of an energy sapping London Derby with 1 case of covid to save everyone for Thursday. They will be ready.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #300: Jan 16, 2022 04:51:02 pm
      So much better than against Arsenal , the ball was passed around a lot quicker , better width , better runs , better probing balls

The midfield started a little slowly but once they got into the game the balance was very good - Fabinho clearing up well , Henderson was all over the pitch supporting - and Jones providing that extra little bit of creativity

Jones and Henderson supported the wide players which allowed them to create the 2vs 1 and Robbo had his best game for a while - TAA was up and down

The front 3 - They all looked like they were trying to hard and Bobby and Ox rusty but as it went on they started to find players with the their touches , great goal for Ox.

Pleased to see Taki grab a goal as well

Wasn’t the best performance but it was needed

So that’s 2 wins and 1 draw in the AFCON games

Jones was my Mom but close with Henderson and Fabinho

Had a quick read through the thread - guess the game looked differently to some

Need to take the lesson from these two matches about starting James Milner, another contract extension given for something other than a footballing reason.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #301: Jan 16, 2022 04:51:48 pm
      Win our game in hand and the gap is 8 points, I think If we can close the gap to 5 points by the time we play them in April we'll have half a chance. Beat them at their place and the gap is two points and it's a 6 game run-in.

Lots of ifs, buts and maybes there but after looking at it it's a scenario where I can maybe see us having half a chance.

Much better performance today too. If Jota had his shooting boots on it could have easily been a couple more

There is just no chance mate. Let's just say we go some and take 45 out of the last 51 available which would be some going. That takes us to 90 points.

They would need to drop (assuming we have better GD) 14 points out the last 48. They've dropped 10 all season and dropper no points since October.

Love it to happen  ... mathematically it's possible. In the real world not a chance sadly. We've got the cups to play for ... 3 of them starting Thursday. On we go.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Brentford
      Reply #302: Jan 16, 2022 04:52:49 pm
      There's just absolutely nothing going on upfront.

A few said they were looking forward to Afcon so our other players can show what they've got 

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Are you going to post this in every single F***ing match thread during the AFCON

Btw it’s 2 wins and draw now during AFCON

You spouted constant sh*te when it was 0-0 then vanish when we win
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #303: Jan 16, 2022 04:53:23 pm
      Need to take the lesson from these two matches about starting James Milner, another contract extension given for something other than a footballing reason.

Agree. No issue with what he done today. That's exactly what he's here for but starting a cup semi final when we have Jones sitting in the bench was a poor call from the manager
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #304: Jan 16, 2022 04:53:50 pm
      With regard to arsenal and their 1 case of covid. They seriously trying to tell us they couldn't field 14 players ... didnt they loan players out this week?

A tainted Premier league that became a complete farce long ago. Sad really.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #305: Jan 16, 2022 04:54:57 pm

I don’t think the issue is with him signing a new contract but his starts should be limited to those Cup games where his experience is needed to nurse the kids through matches
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #306: Jan 16, 2022 04:58:13 pm
      takes us second game in hand lets just let them know we are still waiting in case they fall. as for W.Ham beaten by Leeds and the often mentioned Bowen missed an open goal form 2 yards.
      Win our game in hand 8 points beat them at City 5 points they will at some point slip up we have got to hang in there and be ready when they do.

Agree with this Walton. Been s as ting it all along. Don’t throw in the towel till it’s impossible !
      RedWilly

• 9,183 posts | 1635 
      Reply #307: Jan 16, 2022 05:01:58 pm
      With regard to arsenal and their 1 case of covid. They seriously trying to tell us they couldn't field 14 players ... didnt they loan players out this week?

A tainted Premier league that became a complete farce long ago. Sad really.

Absolute joke, they’ve taken into account AFCON and other injuries plus their one covid case.

If you’re postponing games surely it’s only based on covid cases? Or next time we have an injury crisis can we apply for a postponement?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #308: Jan 16, 2022 05:02:58 pm
      Absolute joke, they’ve taken into account AFCON and other injuries plus their one covid case.

If you’re postponing games surely it’s only based on covid cases? Or next time we have an injury crisis can we apply for a postponement?

It should be and I think was supposed to he but of course the club's have found a way around that rule it seems.

It's a farce mate.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #309: Jan 16, 2022 05:05:24 pm
      There is just no chance mate. Let's just say we go some and take 45 out of the last 51 available which would be some going. That takes us to 90 points.

They would need to drop (assuming we have better GD) 14 points out the last 48. They've dropped 10 all season and dropper no points since October.

Love it to happen  ... mathematically it's possible. In the real world not a chance sadly. We've got the cups to play for ... 3 of them starting Thursday. On we go.

There's a slim chance. Certainly wouldn't say that there's categorically no chance whatsoever. Like I said in my post, we've got between now and mid April to shorten that gap to 5 points (1 win, provided we take all three from our game in hand)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #310: Jan 16, 2022 05:16:13 pm
      Did we play well? How did Jones do?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8522 
      Reply #311: Jan 16, 2022 05:17:21 pm
      Big well done to the Club regarding today's proey, nice touch recognising Billy Liddell

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1482412767512563712
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #312: Jan 16, 2022 05:19:24 pm
      It should be and I think was supposed to he but of course the club's have found a way around that rule it seems.

It's a farce mate.

Yep covid is being used as a tactical card now. The league is a farce. There is no integrity and its cheating billionaires take all. Sad times.

How did they convince the powers that be that they couldn't field 14 players ... yet in 4 days time they will have 11 plus 7 or 9 on the bench all fighting fit. Afcon should not be taken into consideration. Neither should injuries. 1 case of covid?? Get out there and play.

14 cases and a club in chaos .... fair enough.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8522 
      Reply #313: Jan 16, 2022 05:20:39 pm
      Very sloppy first half, a lot more improved 2nd half.

Robbo, Matip and Fab all having good games.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #314: Jan 16, 2022 05:21:35 pm
      Come on. We need good momentum. We were very decent. Jota missed some sitters too. Really wanted Gordon to score the one to one.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,775 posts | 392 
      Reply #315: Jan 16, 2022 05:26:51 pm
      No shock to me it was a set piece goal that unlocked the game. That's what we needed against Arsenal but the delivery was poor.

Once that goal goes in we are able to get more room in behind as the other team tries to score.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8522 
      Reply #316: Jan 16, 2022 05:32:35 pm
      No shock to me it was a set piece goal that unlocked the game. That's what we needed against Arsenal but the delivery was poor.

Said at kick off time to my brother I'd drop Robbo on Thursday and play Kostas.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,993 posts | 518 
      Reply #317: Jan 16, 2022 05:53:31 pm
      There's a slim chance. Certainly wouldn't say that there's categorically no chance whatsoever. Like I said in my post, we've got between now and mid April to shorten that gap to 5 points (1 win, provided we take all three from our game in hand)

Absolutely. We need to win our game in hand and then pick up another 3 points on them before we play them. That is perfectly possible. Fans always think that whatever way it is going at a given moment it will just keep going like that. So City are presumed to be incapable of having a bad spell. But they can have one, and if we go on a good run we could well be going into our match with them less than 6 behind, in which case it is game on.

The emphasis is on us to pick our form up, and then you never know. Hopefully this win today is the start of a run.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #318: Jan 16, 2022 06:14:38 pm
      Win our game in hand and the gap is 8 points, I think If we can close the gap to 5 points by the time we play them in April we'll have half a chance. Beat them at their place and the gap is two points and it's a 6 game run-in.

Lots of ifs, buts and maybes there but after looking at it it's a scenario where I can maybe see us having half a chance.

Much better performance today too. If Jota had his shooting boots on it could have easily been a couple more

I love this train of thought, but we need a signing. Just one, at least if even for the lift.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #319: Jan 16, 2022 06:35:09 pm

Plenty of millage left in this yet - City have had the bounce going their way for a while now , I can still see them dropping points

Get through the Palace game with win and then the lads from the AFCON is back - would be a great boost
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #320: Jan 16, 2022 06:37:30 pm
      City will drop points, we just need to be there to capitalise on it…
      They will also be distracted with the Champion league which bring its own pressure…

We need everyone fit for the push ….
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,140 posts | 1084 
      Reply #321: Jan 16, 2022 06:56:38 pm
      Plenty of millage left in this yet - City have had the bounce going their way for a while now , I can still see them dropping points

Get through the Palace game with win and then the lads from the AFCON is back - would be a great boost

Plus Elliott and Thiago getting fit.

Dead on about City being lucky, and only a matter of time before something doesn't go there way.

Forget the league, just win a bunch of games and see whats what come spring time.

Quick Reply