Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brentford?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (2.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.4%)
      Joel Matip
      7 (9.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (8.3%)
       Fabinho
      35 (48.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (5.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      6 (8.3%)
      Diogo Jota
      2 (2.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      5 (6.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (4.2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Kaide Gordon
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: Jan 20, 2022 03:52:37 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Brentford: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 14163 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Brentford: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Jan 16, 2022 07:07:53 pm
      Forget the league, just win a bunch of games and see whats what come spring time.

Think this is what Jürgen will be telling the lads. Don't think about it just keep trying to win the next game and see where we are.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,700 posts | 3365 
      Reply #323: Jan 16, 2022 07:12:10 pm
      Plus Elliott and Thiago getting fit.

Dead on about City being lucky, and only a matter of time before something doesn't go there way.

Forget the league, just win a bunch of games and see whats what come spring time.

Yep it’s exactly how Klopp will be approaching it all - a game at a time , regaining the momentum we had before Xmas and when City do hit their bumps in the road we are there to go at them

As someone early said if we are within 5 when we go to the Emptyhad then it’s going to be a great chance
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,183 posts | 1635 
      Reply #324: Jan 16, 2022 08:44:15 pm
      We played okay today, thought 3 0 flattered us a little but definitely deserving winners.

We need to get back to that mentality of our title winning season, one game at a time and like every game matters.

The league is a long shot now to be honest, but we should just focus on ourselves, forget about city and see where we end up.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts | 83 
      Reply #325: Jan 16, 2022 09:00:37 pm
      This wet dream about having still a chance against City will soon solved by brute facts - we are not that good (compared to City) and we will lose points down the road. But what is the alternative? To stop playing the PL? No, we need to play to secure top4 and hell, maybe the unbelievable happens and City collapses somehow in which case we better have as small of a deficit as possible. So we need to move on and play our best anyway.

Behind the curtain Klopp & Edwards should start to look into the summer and possible aquisitions/leavings and especially Klopp should make CL the priority. I do not want to see top players from us playing 90min. on Sunday when we have a do-or-die match on Wed. against City, PSG or Bayern.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #326: Jan 16, 2022 09:21:37 pm
      One of those games where we got the points but the performance was rather flat.

The line up picked itself really. The only difference I’d have made was taking Jones out for minamino. Putting minamino on the left, jota down the middle with Bobby in behind.

First half we were poor. We played at a painfully slow pace and looked out of ideas after ten minutes. Brentford were sh*te and offered zero threat but we still kept making silly mistakes and the crowd were getting a bit restless. As the half went on, I began to think it was going to be one of those days where we can’t create anything or find a goal and they’d nick one from a corner or something. It really had that feeling to it.

Curtis Jones wasn’t in the game at all proving once again he isn’t this level, but  Bobby wasn’t either and Ox was having a stinker. Everything he touched went to sh*t.

Fabinhos goal came at the perfect time right before the break and you could feel the relief around the ground which then showed in the players because the second half was much better. I wouldn’t exactly say we upped the tempo, but it was a solid, professional job. We were relaxed and cut all the silly mistakes out with there being less pressure on us to find the goal, then we created some better chances. Jota could (and probably should) have had a brace. He hit the post and their keeper made a good save for his other chance to be fair. We did get the goals in the end though with a great ball by Robbo for ox to head home and then a complete F**k up by their keeper to gift us our third.

After a poor first half by all three of them, Ox got his goal which will hopefully give him a boost and some confidence if his injury isn’t a serious one and he comes back in the team, and Jones and Bobby grew into the game too.

Not the best performance by any means but job done. 3 points. I’ve got to say though Brentford were shockingly bad, probably the worst I’ve seen at anfield so far this season. They’re a completely different side at their place when they have their home support behind them.

Palace away next. It’ll be another tough game trying to break down their low block without salah and mane. The first goal is so important.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #327: Jan 16, 2022 09:30:41 pm
      We played okay today, thought 3 0 flattered us a little but definitely deserving winners.

We need to get back to that mentality of our title winning season, one game at a time and like every game matters.

The league is a long shot now to be honest, but we should just focus on ourselves, forget about city and see where we end up.

Funny I don't think 3-0 flattered us at all as I can't recall them creating too much.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #328: Jan 16, 2022 09:32:06 pm
      Did we play well? How did Jones do?

First half poor, second half better.

Same with Jones. Poor first half but second half he was a bit more direct and got a bit more involved. 5 or 6 / 10

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #329: Jan 16, 2022 09:33:16 pm
      This wet dream about having still a chance against City will soon solved by brute facts - we are not that good (compared to City) and we will lose points down the road. But what is the alternative? To stop playing the PL? No, we need to play to secure top4 and hell, maybe the unbelievable happens and City collapses somehow in which case we better have as small of a deficit as possible. So we need to move on and play our best anyway.

Behind the curtain Klopp & Edwards should start to look into the summer and possible aquisitions/leavings and especially Klopp should make CL the priority. I do not want to see top players from us playing 90min. on Sunday when we have a do-or-die match on Wed. against City, PSG or Bayern.

if you don't have hope you have F**k all . I think their is a song about it
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,700 posts | 3365 
      Reply #330: Jan 16, 2022 09:35:23 pm
      Funny I don't think 3-0 flattered us at all as I can't recall them creating too much.

There was a save Allison made but it might have been offside - we didn’t see a flag and then a turn and shot from Mbuena - plus a couple of moments where they threatened.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,700 posts | 3365 
      Reply #331: Jan 16, 2022 09:39:40 pm

Sarcasm?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,281 posts | 763 
      Reply #332: Jan 16, 2022 11:36:16 pm
      Enjoyed watching highlights on MotD tonight. Seemingly a better second half, with midfield chipping in with a couple of goals. 3 deserved points at the end o the day.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #333: Jan 17, 2022 12:31:15 am
      Plenty of millage left in this yet - City have had the bounce going their way for a while now , I can still see them dropping points

Get through the Palace game with win and then the lads from the AFCON is back - would be a great boost

As long as there's none of those pesky new signings, ay?

We wouldn't want any of those, would we?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,700 posts | 3365 
      Reply #334: Jan 17, 2022 03:01:07 am
      As long as there's none of those pesky new signings, ay?

We wouldn't want any of those, would we?

:f_doh:

If there is someone they want then I’m sure they would look at the possibility but I don’t see them signing anyone right now , they seem clear on that .

Just because there is a transfer window doesn’t mean it’s a requirement to sign a player
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #335: Jan 17, 2022 11:59:32 am

the stats back this up.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #336: Jan 17, 2022 01:06:59 pm
      Apparently Jürgen said he didnt want the likes of  Mbappe or Haaland at his club it would make his job far to easy and I am sure if he wanted them FSG would go and get them.  :f_tongueincheek:
      Good controlled performance yesterday with improved performance all round hopefully Arsenal will regret not playing yesterday as we definitely benefitted from the game time for our players .
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #337: Jan 17, 2022 02:46:38 pm
      Apparently Jürgen said he didnt want the likes of  Mbappe or Haaland at his club it would make his job far to easy and I am sure if he wanted them FSG would go and get them.  :f_tongueincheek:
      Good controlled performance yesterday with improved performance all round hopefully Arsenal will regret not playing yesterday as we definitely benefitted from the game time for our players .

It still frosts my pumpkin that the EPL allows them to get away with obvious manipulation of the schedule. But now Jürgen will have the team laser-focused on putting in the performance necessary to make it through to the final.

If we do, will you be going to Wembley, Walt?
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #338: Jan 17, 2022 02:51:56 pm
      Good result, keep winning Reds, we'll fight until last game in May. :scarf:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8524 
      Reply #339: Jan 17, 2022 08:54:28 pm

You would of definitely left the Attaturk at half-time!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8524 
      Reply #340: Jan 17, 2022 08:55:59 pm
      This wet dream about having still a chance against City will soon solved by brute facts - we are not that good (compared to City)

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #341: Jan 17, 2022 10:31:29 pm
      It still frosts my pumpkin that the EPL allows them to get away with obvious manipulation of the schedule. But now Jürgen will have the team laser-focused on putting in the performance necessary to make it through to the final.

If we do, will you be going to Wembley, Walt?

tickets for any game now are really difficult. Years ago my cousin was something called a ticket agent when we didnt always get full stadiums so he would always manage to get me one but now its difficult. I went to a lot of games then but I always think final tickets are reward for supporters who go to games. Final day when you have a ticket are just superb a day to remember forever unless it was 96 when driving back seemed to take forever having been beaten.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #342: Jan 18, 2022 12:59:41 am

I wish I could + this 1000x!!  Best comment I've seen on here in a long while!!  If you can't live in hope and the eternal belief that we are capable of doing something extraordinary, then why the F**k are you even here ???
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #343: Jan 18, 2022 08:53:07 am
      The 2005 comparisons are fine if were losing a game. This is a league season were talking about where we are 11 points off the leaders

Theyve won 12 in a row smashing in fook knows how many goals. Of the 16 games they have left its not exactly easy to pinpoint where they drop the points we need them to drop while we, witb 2 wins in our last 7, need to more or less win every remaining game.

Bit different to having 45 mins plus extra time and penos to turn it around.

And because people find it hard to see city crumbling and us picking up the crumbs doesnt make anyone less of a good supporter than those who would still say we can do it if we were 13 points behing with 12 left to play for
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #344: Jan 18, 2022 10:19:27 am
      And because people find it hard to see city crumbling and us picking up the crumbs doesnt make anyone less of a good supporter than those who would still say we can do it if we were 13 points behing with 12 left to play for

Great point.

Being a realist doesn't mean you won't hope and still support.

I'm the eternal optimist but even I think there is a little too much to do simply because I don't see us being as consistent as we would need to be to fully capitalise.

Quick Reply