Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brentford?

Alisson Becker
      1 (1.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (2.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.4%)
      Joel Matip
      7 (9.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      6 (8.3%)
       Fabinho
      35 (48.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (5.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      6 (8.3%)
      Diogo Jota
      2 (2.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      5 (6.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (4.2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Kaide Gordon
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: Jan 20, 2022 03:52:37 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Brentford: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 13842 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Brentford: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Jan 18, 2022 10:21:41 am
      You would of definitely left the Attaturk at half-time!!

F***ing bang on 👍
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #346: Jan 18, 2022 10:22:20 am
      You would of definitely left the Attaturk at half-time!!

:lmao: :gt-happyup:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #347: Jan 18, 2022 10:23:42 am
      The 2005 comparisons are fine if were losing a game. This is a league season were talking about where we are 11 points off the leaders

Theyve won 12 in a row smashing in fook knows how many goals. Of the 16 games they have left its not exactly easy to pinpoint where they drop the points we need them to drop while we, witb 2 wins in our last 7, need to more or less win every remaining game.

Bit different to having 45 mins plus extra time and penos to turn it around.

And because people find it hard to see city crumbling and us picking up the crumbs doesnt make anyone less of a good supporter than those who would still say we can do it if we were 13 points behing with 12 left to play for

actually if you look back on that run, they have had quite a few close games and a jammy win or 2.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #348: Jan 18, 2022 10:32:37 am
      actually if you look back on that run, they have had quite a few close games and a jammy win or 2.

Won them none the less. And thats why its hard to see them dropping the points we need them to drop, they seem to always do enough to get the result

Also the one time in recent years they lost out , to us obviously, we had a massive gap built up early, they dont seem to lose ground once given the head start
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #349: Jan 18, 2022 10:46:24 am
      Won them none the less. And thats why its hard to see them dropping the points we need them to drop, they seem to always do enough to get the result

Also the one time in recent years they lost out , to us obviously, we had a massive gap built up early, they dont seem to lose ground once given the head start

Oh yea, they have won them, but at some point the run will end and they will drop points, we just need to go on a winning run now to put pressure on them.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #350: Jan 18, 2022 10:55:57 am
      Oh yea, they have won them, but at some point the run will end and they will drop points, we just need to go on a winning run now to put pressure on them.

Thats it pal, we have to keep winning and keep them thinking. If we do that then maybe they will drop unexpected points.

We must beat palace, Leicester, Burnley,  Norwich and west ham in the next 5 games, not 1 point dropped will be good enough
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #351: Jan 18, 2022 11:07:46 am
      Thats it pal, we have to keep winning and keep them thinking. If we do that then maybe they will drop unexpected points.

We must beat palace, Leicester, Burnley,  Norwich and west ham in the next 5 games, not 1 point dropped will be good enough

AYE. That will be the ticket, we cant afford to drop many more points tbh. all winable games.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #352: Jan 18, 2022 01:39:19 pm
      AYE. That will be the ticket, we cant afford to drop many more points tbh. all winable games.

And after the Palace game, think we get our trio back from AFCON. 😊
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #353: Jan 18, 2022 01:44:08 pm
      And after the Palace game, think we get our trio back from AFCON. 😊

yup. next league game is 10th Feb.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #354: Jan 18, 2022 09:28:36 pm
      tickets for any game now are really difficult. Years ago my cousin was something called a ticket agent when we didnt always get full stadiums so he would always manage to get me one but now its difficult. I went to a lot of games then but I always think final tickets are reward for supporters who go to games. Final day when you have a ticket are just superb a day to remember forever unless it was 96 when driving back seemed to take forever having been beaten.

Someone on here should be able to help get Walton set up with a ticket or two if we make it to the final. He's been a supporter all his life. Stadium holds 90,000 or whatever so I feel like Walt and a mate should get in without it costing some other deserving soul.

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #355: Jan 18, 2022 09:50:50 pm
      The 2005 comparisons are fine if were losing a game. This is a league season were talking about where we are 11 points off the leaders

Theyve won 12 in a row smashing in fook knows how many goals. Of the 16 games they have left its not exactly easy to pinpoint where they drop the points we need them to drop while we, witb 2 wins in our last 7, need to more or less win every remaining game.

Bit different to having 45 mins plus extra time and penos to turn it around.

And because people find it hard to see city crumbling and us picking up the crumbs doesnt make anyone less of a good supporter than those who would still say we can do it if we were 13 points behing with 12 left to play for

If we win our game in hand and beat them at the Etihad then the gap is only 5 points.  Surely 5 points with 15 games to play is feasible. 
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #356: Jan 19, 2022 04:02:06 pm
      If we win our game in hand and beat them at the Etihad then the gap is only 5 points.  Surely 5 points with 15 games to play is feasible. 

But thats the problem isnt it, the ifs. We dont know when that Leeds game will be thrown in to the mix, could be at a time they have a full and fresh squad back.

And we know a win at city is anything but a banker. Were as likely to drop whatever points they drop to.

Ideally we need to win all our games, and see them lose at least 3. Will we win every game? Will they lose 3?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #357: Jan 19, 2022 04:13:27 pm
      But thats the problem isnt it, the ifs. We dont know when that Leeds game will be thrown in to the mix, could be at a time they have a full and fresh squad back.

And we know a win at city is anything but a banker. Were as likely to drop whatever points they drop to.

Ideally we need to win all our games, and see them lose at least 3. Will we win every game? Will they lose 3?

If you can’t have any sort of hope then what’s the point ?

Yeah it’s not going to easy and we need a bit of luck and City to drop points but it’s far from over yet
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #358: Jan 19, 2022 04:26:00 pm
      If you can’t have any sort of hope then what’s the point ?

Yeah it’s not going to easy and we need a bit of luck and City to drop points but it’s far from over yet

Oh hope away, I will.

But im also not going to drift from reality, that being were 11 points off a team who dont drop points too often.

In my opinion we are as likely to drop as many points as city between now and the last game, unless we come into form matching our best under Jürgen and get a full squad avalable between the end of the afcon and the end of the season, and they start having squad issues
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #359: Jan 19, 2022 04:36:30 pm
      My only hope was FSG putting money in their pockets & buy no one....
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #360: Jan 19, 2022 04:48:43 pm
      Oh hope away, I will.

But im also not going to drift from reality, that being were 11 points off a team who dont drop points too often.

In my opinion we are as likely to drop as many points as city between now and the last game, unless we come into form matching our best under Jürgen and get a full squad avalable between the end of the afcon and the end of the season, and they start having squad issues

There are many situations - they haven’t had any issues at all with Covid or injuries etc

There are some players they can’t afford to lose like KDB
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #361: Jan 19, 2022 05:01:15 pm
      Oh hope away, I will.

Were looking good for having the full squad fit and firing for the last few months man. which will be needed with champions league coming back in Feb.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #362: Jan 19, 2022 07:25:11 pm
      tickets for any game now are really difficult. Years ago my cousin was something called a ticket agent when we didnt always get full stadiums so he would always manage to get me one but now its difficult. I went to a lot of games then but I always think final tickets are reward for supporters who go to games. Final day when you have a ticket are just superb a day to remember forever unless it was 96 when driving back seemed to take forever having been beaten.

Do you mean an agent of the Development Association. Always got tickets through that back late 90s/early 2000s
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #363: Jan 19, 2022 08:39:37 pm
      Quote from Brian78

We will beat Leeds, and when we do, that's 3 points nearer the target.

City don't have to lose many games, even a couple of draws is enough to get us back in the race, provided we win our own games. We will have another game in hand from the League Cup final weekend.

3 years ago we were 10 points ahead of them at Christmas. 6 weeks later, we were second. A lot can happen in this league in a short period of time. Converting doubters into believers is half the battle.

There wasn't much to write about this game, except it showed that we have options to win games convincingly when Salah and Mane are not around. It also put the ott post mortems over the 0-0 half time score in a 2 legged cup semi final, in their place.

At least we've wrapped up second spot now, and I hope the pundits who told us we would just be fighting for the top 4, or out of it completely, have a pie to eat handy. So now there's only one other rival's results for us to focus on every week.

Quick Reply