Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Arsenal // Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg 20th Jan 19:45

Read 6930 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2821 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Arsenal // Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg 20th Jan 19:45
      Reply #46: Jan 19, 2022 04:35:51 pm
      BBC saying partey is an option for them tomorrow. He got back from Africa quick

no isolation needed?
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1089 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Arsenal // Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg 20th Jan 19:45
      Reply #47: Jan 19, 2022 04:39:49 pm
      Wouldn't appear to be the case.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #48: Jan 19, 2022 05:36:59 pm
          Starters  ;                                  Kelleher

Trent   Gomez  Virgil   Robbo

Fabinho
                                                 Hendo               Jones

Bobby
                                                 Gordon             Diogo

Finishers ; Alisson, Matip, Milner, Kostas, Elliot, Morton, Taki, Williams, Bradley, woltman, Rush

Iā€™m going with the tried and trusted 4-3-3 in the hope Arse come out to play,(being at home) to be fair to them they have been decent at home with Captain Scarlet and his mysterons playing quite openly, that will suit us to a tee so long as we play with plenty of pace and tempo, this could be a goal fest and whoever blinks first will be saying syonara for another season,

Iā€™ve put my trust in young Kaide over Taki, for me Taki hasnā€™t really shown his best and Kaide is still a bit of a unknown, think heā€™ll surprise  a few and heā€™ll be full of beans, Iā€™d like the top three to exchange positions from time to time and keep Arse on their toes,  love to see Wee Harvey sometime second half too, with Trent coming inside, aka, start of the season, just felt that that offered a different element of attack, albeit without Mo further ahead,

Iā€™ve also gone for Gomez to partner Virgil, not so long ago they were our go to CB pairing, they know each other inside and out and are very solid and very quick, again a slight element of surprise here, Arteta will have done his due diligence on Matip & Konate not so much Gomez, me feels,

Canā€™t have Hendo & Milner together centrally, it simple doesnā€™t work, if we want to get through we need to push the boat out, so for me Curtis offers a bit more creativity, and heā€™s noticeably getting better since returning, heā€™s hungry, heā€™s passionate and heā€™s Scouse, what more do you need in a second semi knockout winner takes all heart thumping, arse dancing slug fest ?

Think this will go all the f***in way, ET, Pens, the lot, but I think weā€™ll scrape it, Kelleher saving the final pen to go through, itā€™s gonna be tight folks !!

2-2 , 5-6 on pens

Y  N  W  A

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 2823 
      Reply #49: Jan 19, 2022 06:25:03 pm
      BBC saying partey is an option for them tomorrow. He got back from Africa quick

He played Tuesday night and has had to travel back a fair distance. I'd love them to play him tomorrow night.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #50: Jan 19, 2022 06:30:34 pm
      Just a slight knock wasn't it for Origi what's that going to be 10 weeks out ?

One of my big gripes with the club, this. Seems to happen quite often where players pick up "knocks" and  the club are silent for weeks or even months. I'm not one to slate FSG regularly in regards to signings but I get the impression injury news is often held back as mid-long term injuries (especially around the transfer window) would only increase the already high levels of criticism the hierarchy are receiving for their transfer strategy.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2821 
      Reply #51: Jan 19, 2022 06:34:51 pm
      One of my big gripes with the club, this. Seems to happen quite often where players pick up "knocks" and  the club are silent for weeks or even months. I'm not one to slate FSG regularly in regards to signings but I get the impression injury news is often held back as mid-long term injuries (especially around the transfer window) would only increase the already high levels of criticism the hierarchy are receiving for their transfer strategy.

Fair enough, we have seen it before with Thiago, a small knock, all of a sudden missing for ages
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #52: Jan 19, 2022 06:39:11 pm
      Gutted this isn't at Anfield like originally planned but looking forward to it nonetheless. Strongest possible 11 is a given. Got a feeling we'll see the rarity of Arsenal fans actually creating some noise tomorrow night, given the bickering between the two fanbases in recent weeks and the fact Wembley is 90 minutes away. I'm confident about it but i've also got a really strong feeling that it's going to be a mad game. No problem if it is like, Liverpool rarely do things the easy way!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #53: Jan 19, 2022 06:40:30 pm
      Fair enough, we have seen it before with Thiago, a small knock, all of a sudden missing for ages

Think Jota was similar last season. Got injured just before Christmas and don't remember us really getting any sort of timescale on his return for a good couple of months.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #54: Jan 19, 2022 07:45:49 pm
      I'd go with Kostas over Robbo for this game, as we need a hell of a lot better crossing than the first leg.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,813 posts | 471 
      Reply #55: Jan 19, 2022 08:54:36 pm
      Good to see Elliot back. He seems to be one of those players who make time for themselves on the ball. Doesnā€™t get flustered and is more positive than Millie and Hendo.

Itā€™s clear from the previous game, Arse know how to defend in numbers. We just have to make sure they donā€™t score first or weā€™ll be up against it trying to play through their ten man defence again.
      We score first. Different ball game, cos they will have to open up, and we can hopefully exploit that.!

Regarding Elliot, how many full training sessions does Klopp want to see until he is eligible to play?
      rossyred

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #56: Jan 19, 2022 09:20:18 pm
      Regarding Elliot, how many full training sessions does Klopp want to see until he is eligible to play?

I reckon FA Cup game he will see some minutes
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #57: Jan 20, 2022 02:12:06 am
      Taki scores in this Comp, well apart from that sitter, but I'd start him. Think he deserves it.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #58: Jan 20, 2022 06:06:00 am
      Put your money on our lads to put the Arse on their Arses-   3-1  to Jurgens boys.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #59: Jan 20, 2022 08:06:55 am
      they are at home and its a semi final, they need to attack much more, hopefully leaving space for us . :)

Yeah thatā€™s clear, but if they score first they wonā€™t open up will they.🤷ā€ā™‚ļø Thatā€™s the point, we need to score first to get them playing more open !
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #60: Jan 20, 2022 08:36:58 am

It's pretty normal. We've seen it with cars. A little knock on the surface and there is major overhaul work on the inside. It's unbelievable but it happens. 
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2821 
      Reply #61: Jan 20, 2022 09:06:40 am
      It's pretty normal. We've seen it with cars. A little knock on the surface and there is major overhaul work on the inside. It's unbelievable but it happens. 

Yes its the exact same, especially when the garage keeps your car for weeks and says nothing about the problem, exact same!!
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #62: Jan 20, 2022 09:13:19 am
      Yes its the exact same, especially when the garage keeps your car for weeks and says nothing about the problem, exact same!!

The club said weeks ago that he had a hip injury? Or a muscle in that area?

Do you want them to tell us that every day?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2821 
      Reply #63: Jan 20, 2022 09:22:01 am
      The club said weeks ago that he had a hip injury? Or a muscle in that area?

Do you want them to tell us that every day?

Did they say he was out for the duration hes out back then? I take it they didnt by the amount of people either asking whats the story with him and picking him to start in their lineups

Is it beyond the club to say player A out for 8 weeks due to whatever injury sustained in training or a game. Saying he picked up a slight knock nothing major to me means hes a bit sore cant run around as we would like him to should be ok in a week or 2, for that to become 8 to 10 weeks or whatever while  not updating from time to time is a bit sh*t.

Im sure some know every detail of every injury and its recovery time, how it happenned and all in between but for the rest of us the odd update is appreciated

Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #64: Jan 20, 2022 09:23:46 am
      Did they say he was out for the duration hes out back then? I take it they didnt by the amount of people either asking whats the story with him and picking him to start in their lineups

Is it beyond the club to say player A out for 8 weeks due to whatever injury sustained in training or a game. Saying he picked up a slight knock nothing major to me means hes a bit sore cant run around as we would like him to should be ok in a week or 2, for that to become 8 to 10 weeks or whatever while  not updating from time to time is a bit sh*t.

Im sure some know every detail of every injury and its recovery time, how it happenned and all in between but for the rest of us the odd update is appreciated

They didnā€™t know initially, but told us he had an injury in that area

They then did some scans and treatment

Then they gave an update on the length he was going to be out

I donā€™t see what else we need
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2821 
      Reply #65: Jan 20, 2022 09:24:42 am

I donā€™t see what else we need

A replacement
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #66: Jan 20, 2022 09:26:33 am

I wouldnā€™t disagree, Iā€™ve made my feelings clear on the investment

But it wonā€™t happen as we spend what we generate - which must be the same amount as a car boot sale it seems
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #67: Jan 20, 2022 09:50:19 am
      I'd go with Kostas over Robbo for this game, as we need a hell of a lot better crossing than the first leg.
      Thought we should have brought him on for the 2nd half of the 1st leg for just this reason!
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #68: Jan 20, 2022 09:51:54 am
      Taki scores in this Comp, well apart from that sitter, but I'd start him. Think he deserves it.
      I like Taki off the bench; think he's more likely to score as an impact sub brought on with 25-25 mins left.

Quick Reply