Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Trent Alexander-Arnold
      8 (9.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      13 (15.7%)
       Fabinho
      3 (3.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      3 (3.6%)
      Kaide Gordon
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      55 (66.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Caoimhin Kelleher
      1 (1.2%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Jan 24, 2022 09:38:42 pm

Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 15785 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Re: Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Jan 21, 2022 04:47:18 pm
      Said that on the highlights last night, amazing how people see things differently

Saw the whole game mate and still had the same opinion, it was Sky needless to say.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #415: Jan 21, 2022 04:58:00 pm
      Pressed the like option by mistake,
      the score line was certainly ‘rose tinted’.

:lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,684 posts | 3359 
      Reply #416: Jan 21, 2022 04:59:04 pm
      Saw the whole game mate and still had the same opinion, it was Sky needless to say.

Arsenal looked like they were threatening , had the ball a lot but they weren’t dominant by any stretch , they didn’t actually threaten beyond a couple of crosses - we looked rushed at times and passes a bit astray but never in any real trouble. They certainly didn’t dominate the first half - maybe the first 5 mins
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,684 posts | 3359 
      Reply #417: Jan 21, 2022 05:02:28 pm
      Do you want me to quote you every single time Jones has a poor game then? Because I’ll be doing it far more than you’ll be doing it to me. But as I said I don’t want to take anything away from him, or us, after such a great night. It just shows what a massive tit you are.

Jones won’t be at liverpool for his whole career. He will never be a regular for us. Because he isn’t good enough. But you’re that sad you come chasing after me when he’s had a good game. F**k me, Jay f**king spearing and joe f**king allen also had plenty of good games for us but neither of those two were good enough either. The list goes on.

And I’m surprised you haven’t been banned because you spend every free minute of your pathetic life on these boards looking to wind people up or argue. You’re a wum. I’ve told you probably half a dozen times now to leg it and stop quoting me or make references to me yet, here we are, again. Clearly you haven’t got a bird, or any mates and you sit in your ma’s box room arguing with people on the internet 24-7. Sad dick head.

😂😂😂

In fact nah - not worth it
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,479 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #418: Jan 21, 2022 05:17:28 pm
      The BBC report said the Arse had the better of the first half and LFC scored against the run of play!?!?

What f**king game were they watching cos it wasn’t what I saw!

They probably had the better of the first 15 mins or so, but after that we were the better team.
      45 - 15 = 30
      30 > 15
      qed
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #419: Jan 21, 2022 05:23:47 pm
      Jones won’t be at liverpool for his whole career. He will never be a regular for us. Because he isn’t good enough.

It must be nice to be able to predict the future with such confidence. Would you mind sharing with us the next lottery numbers? Cheers!  ;D

I can't say I agree with you about Jones. The lad is only 20, don't you think you're being harsh with your assessment? I know we tend to overhype our youngsters, but Curtis has already shown enough quality to justify the belief that he can become an important player for us. He just needs to find some consistency, but that will come with experience.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #420: Jan 21, 2022 05:30:26 pm
      Well opinions are divided  ;D We’ve got 5 - 10 - 15  or a bit more so far.  :lmao: Not arguing the best team won on the nite as they did. However, I really don’t know what some of you watch at times.  :f_doh:

Anyway…. Chavs will snot you in final.  :f_whistle: Hopefully   :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #421: Jan 21, 2022 05:56:33 pm
      Curtis will be with us a long time. Really good player in the making.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 512 
      Reply #422: Jan 21, 2022 05:58:10 pm
      Well opinions are divided  ;D We’ve got 5 - 10 - 15  or a bit more so far.  :lmao: Not arguing the best team won on the nite as they did. However, I really don’t know what some of you watch at times.  :f_doh:

Anyway…. Chavs will snot you in final.  :f_whistle: Hopefully   :lmao:

With regards to your last sentence Keith, get stuffed preferably by a charging white rhino with a six foot horn.   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #423: Jan 21, 2022 06:06:08 pm
      With regards to your last sentence Keith, get stuffed preferably by a charging white rhino with a six foot horn.   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That’s mild coming off a scouser  :lmao:
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 512 
      Reply #424: Jan 21, 2022 06:33:46 pm
      That’s mild coming off a scouser  :lmao:

You know I'm only jesting mate.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,068 posts | 8515 
      Reply #425: Jan 21, 2022 07:11:09 pm
      Ain’t that DT doing bird for beating his missus..? Just Robbie left 😂

F***ing still love beating this shower of cockney cu*ts, even though we had 01, I still haven't got over that F***ing game in 89.

Boss performance from the lads last night, Jota motm easily, but thought Konate did well when he replaced matip and VVD was his usual cool self. Bobby did well with little flashes of brilliance and Trent was back to his best.

Roll on Chelsea at Wembley.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,068 posts | 8515 
      Reply #426: Jan 21, 2022 07:13:05 pm
      Take the rose tints off stuey and you'll see why that was said  :lmao:

Who gives a F**k!!

WEMBLEY, WEMBLEY, WE'RE THE GREATEST TEAM IN EUROPE AND WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY.

Is all that matters.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,857 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #427: Jan 21, 2022 07:22:51 pm
      Who gives a f**k!!

WEMBLEY, WEMBLEY, WE'RE THE GREATEST TEAM IN EUROPE AND WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY.

Is all that matters.

Now then.  ;) Someone isn’t wearing rose tints.  ;)

COME ON YOU CHAVS  :f_whistle:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,684 posts | 3359 
      Reply #428: Jan 21, 2022 07:40:53 pm
      It must be nice to be able to predict the future with such confidence. Would you mind sharing with us the next lottery numbers? Cheers!  ;D

I can't say I agree with you about Jones. The lad is only 20, don't you think you're being harsh with your assessment? I know we tend to overhype our youngsters, but Curtis has already shown enough quality to justify the belief that he can become an important player for us. He just needs to find some consistency, but that will come with experience.

https://twitter.com/lfc_comps/status/1484501348758478849?s=21
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,059 posts | 2745 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #429: Jan 21, 2022 07:57:53 pm
      Why cant we all just accept the fact qe have a massively talented young man who has a lot to learn, and if he learns it he could be a gem. If he doesnt he might be moved in on in yime

But Jesus lets be happy we have a player with boundless potential, and better again hes a scouser
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #430: Jan 21, 2022 07:59:55 pm
      Why cant we all just accept the fact qe have a massively talented young man who has a lot to learn, and if he learns it he could be a gem. If he doesnt he might be moved in on in yime

But Jesus lets be happy we have a player with boundless potential, and better again hes a scouser

Even if he does not turn out to be a "gem", he can still be a very serviceable part of the team even if it's in a lesser role. At his age he's too far from the finished product to know how good he'll be.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #431: Jan 21, 2022 08:12:22 pm

No.

In the same way I wasn’t harsh on kabak despite his age and now he can’t get into the norwich team. Yet there were people embarrassing themselves on here trying to justify Kabaks shocking performances and whenever he did something alright they’d come on here and say LOOK, LOOK, I TOLD YOU. And that’s what’s happened with Jones.

But this shouldn’t be the time or place to discuss Jones but a wum has brought it up. I’ll leave it there for now because unfortunately, I know it’s only a matter of time until we discuss in a post match thread how sh*te he was once again.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #432: Jan 21, 2022 08:12:43 pm

Agreed. I will never understand people bashing a young player that's still developing.
      It's far too early to say how good he'll become (or not become), but everything I've seen so far has been encouraging.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #433: Jan 21, 2022 08:14:18 pm

unfortunately he has two problems first one called Steven Gerrard second one born in Liverpool . Still think he has been unlucky in not getting more game time but Jürgen will do the right thing by him so if listens and works hard we will see a lot more of him
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #434: Jan 21, 2022 11:30:55 pm
      Quote from billythered
      Outstanding from both, like H, another big shout out to Kelleher, he’s right yanno’s, we have a very very good No2, in fact he’s probably too good a No2, I’m going to keep calling him Kelleher because I can’t pronounce his first name nor fookin spell it, bloody Welsh
                    Y  N  W  A

Try the phonetic, Queeveen, and you'll get it right.

Quote from harrydunn08
      He's just an instinctive poacher.  Always in the right place, always looking to pull the trigger -- left foot, right foot, headers -- absolutely lethal in front of goal.  Sure, he misses sometimes, but he's got a short memory and doesn't let those missed chances affect his confidence.  Always feel like he's got a goal in him!!

It was only last week that he was crap and the team had gone stale, had no strength in depth, and needed to be broken up. Now we're in a major cup final and suddenly the sky's the limit.

There was absolutely no reason for the wave of depression that was the general reaction to the game last week. It was just the first leg of a 2 leg tie. We had 3 hours to get the job done and that's what we did. Apart from a couple of shots, they offered nothing really over both legs. Leicester was a more tricky hurdle to overcome than this.

Delighted for Jota who has taken a lot of stick recently. He's now as important to the strike force as the 3 others in the position. Thankfully VAR was around to correct the wrong offside call, and deliver justice on the spot. That is why the flags are kept down, and so we could sail through the last 15 minutes. This competition has shown that we do have strength in depth, and the team doesn't need a radical overhaul. With Salah and Mane back for the final the biggest question is, who will get the call to go in goal?
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #435: Jan 22, 2022 01:29:59 am
      Try the phonetic, Queeveen, and you'll get it right.

It was only last week that he was crap and the team had gone stale, had no strength in depth, and needed to be broken up. Now we're in a major cup final and suddenly the sky's the limit.

There was absolutely no reason for the wave of depression that was the general reaction to the game last week.

haha, it wasn't just last week, to be fair. It's every time we drop points that the feeble get an anxiety attack and the excuse to run their shtick.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #436: Jan 24, 2022 08:00:00 am
      The BBC report said the Arse had the better of the first half and LFC scored against the run of play!?!?

What f**king game were they watching cos it wasn’t what I saw!

Specsavers must be rubbing their hands with glee knowing they are in for a windfall from the Arsenal football club,and the BBC should know better than than to listen to utter bullshit.

Quick Reply