Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

FIFA announces new plans to limit loan deals

Read 2327 times
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      FIFA announces new plans to limit loan deals
      Jan 20, 2022 08:45:17 pm
      Have you seen this?

FIFA announces new loan rules to clamp down on ‘player hoarding’

Clubs are set to be limited on how many players they can loan in or out in international deals under new rules.

World governing body Fifa will allow clubs up to eight international loans in and eight out from 1 July.

The number will reduce to seven in 2023-24 and six the following season.

The rules do not apply to domestic loan deals, but Fifa has given domestic associations three years to implement a system "in line" with its new framework.

Fifa says the rule changes - which must be approved by the Fifa Council - will help in developing young players, promote competitive balance and prevent the hoarding of players.

What else will change?

• - From the 2022-23 season clubs will be limited to making of maximum of three loans to a single club, and can only loan up to three players from an individual club
      • - Loan deals must last at least from one transfer window to the next, and can be a maximum of one year
      • - Clubs must provide a written agreement defining the terms of a loan, including its duration and financial conditions

The new rules are part of plans to reform the transfer system, and were initially due to start in July 2020 but were delayed because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Players aged 21 and under, or those brought through a club's youth ranks, will not be counted as an international loan.

Chelsea currently list 21 players as being out on loan on their website, with eight of those at clubs outside England.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60068543

What do you think?

Personally, I like it. It'll make it harder for clubs such as Chelsea to 'farm out' players, but I fear we'll just see more sister clubs in the future, or transfers with buy back clauses.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: FIFA announces new plans to limit loan deals
      Reply #1: Jan 21, 2022 01:12:48 am
      Good idea but the Money men will find a wat round the rules, City did
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: Jan 21, 2022 08:44:28 am
      Waste of time 8 to 7 then to 6 and none domestically. What is the planned achievement here?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #3: Jan 21, 2022 01:28:37 pm
      Have you seen this?

FIFA announces new loan rules to clamp down on ‘player hoarding’

Clubs are set to be limited on how many players they can loan in or out in international deals under new rules.

World governing body Fifa will allow clubs up to eight international loans in and eight out from 1 July.

The number will reduce to seven in 2023-24 and six the following season.

The rules do not apply to domestic loan deals, but Fifa has given domestic associations three years to implement a system "in line" with its new framework.

Fifa says the rule changes - which must be approved by the Fifa Council - will help in developing young players, promote competitive balance and prevent the hoarding of players.

What else will change?

• - From the 2022-23 season clubs will be limited to making of maximum of three loans to a single club, and can only loan up to three players from an individual club
      • - Loan deals must last at least from one transfer window to the next, and can be a maximum of one year
      • - Clubs must provide a written agreement defining the terms of a loan, including its duration and financial conditions

The new rules are part of plans to reform the transfer system, and were initially due to start in July 2020 but were delayed because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Players aged 21 and under, or those brought through a club's youth ranks, will not be counted as an international loan.

Chelsea currently list 21 players as being out on loan on their website, with eight of those at clubs outside England.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60068543

What do you think?

Personally, I like it. It'll make it harder for clubs such as Chelsea to 'farm out' players, but I fear we'll just see more sister clubs in the future, or transfers with buy back clauses.

It looks like they are saying only 3 loans to one club so that's them trying to eliminate the "Red Bull" type of situation.

I think it's a step in the right direction. Teams like Chelsea hoard players by exploiting the loan system. If it would help curb that I'm all for it, although as someone said, I'm sure there will be a way around it for those that have the means.
      marcsymo
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #4: Jan 26, 2022 04:17:13 pm
      I think it's good because a lot of players are on the bench but may have good playing abilities. I think this is a great opportunity for the development of football.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #5: Jul 06, 2023 01:06:10 pm
      FIFA have approved new offside rules where the attacking forward must have his body completely in an offside position.
      Not an elbow or an ear but an obvious unfair advantage.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/arsene-wenger-offside-liverpool-everton-27243268
      « Last Edit: Jul 06, 2023 01:15:09 pm by stuey »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6: Jul 06, 2023 01:44:29 pm
      FIFA have approved new offside rules where the attacking forward must have his body completely in an offside position.
      Not an elbow or an ear but an obvious unfair advantage.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/arsene-wenger-offside-liverpool-everton-27243268

I like this, basically daylight between the striker and defender.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #7: Jul 06, 2023 01:59:55 pm
      I like this, basically daylight between the striker and defender.

You wouldn't like it in our games because of our high line. Think of how many times we're saved by someone being an inch offsides.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #8: Jul 06, 2023 02:10:59 pm
      You wouldn't like it in our games because of our high line. Think of how many times we're saved by someone being an inch offsides.

Good point, we would have tweak our tactics, as would a lot of teams.

We have had goals chopped off too for a toe being offside or a shoulder. Stupid TBH.

Quick Reply