Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Send walton4 and BillyTheRed to Wembley

Read 4913 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Send walton4 and BillyTheRed to Wembley
      Jan 21, 2022 12:54:43 am
      Two of our senior statesmen here should be at the League Cup Final shouting us on to victory.

I write this somewhat apprehensively because I can't do anything myself to help make it happen, but I bet there are people reading it who could help set up these two faithful Reds up with tickets and even a way to London. This is not about charity, just honoring a couple of stalwarts among us. Maybe there is someone else just as deserving in terms of seniority/longevity - same idea.

I hope some of you can make it happen. It would be a very Liverpool thing to do.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Send walton4 and BillyTheRed to Wembley
      Reply #1: Jan 21, 2022 08:06:35 am
      But dont sit them together for the love of God, think of the people around them
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2: Jan 21, 2022 09:04:47 am
      Two of our senior statesmen here should be at the League Cup Final shouting us on to victory.

I write this somewhat apprehensively because I can't do anything myself to help make it happen, but I bet there are people reading it who could help set up these two faithful Reds up with tickets and even a way to London. This is not about charity, just honoring a couple of stalwarts among us. Maybe there is someone else just as deserving in terms of seniority/longevity - same idea.

I hope some of you can make it happen. It would be a very Liverpool thing to do.

Wow, dunno what to say, except thank you for the lovely gesture, I would love to go of course I would but, I would rather see a father and his son go, especially if it’s the wee lads first game, he’d treasure that for a lifetime, so IF there were a very generous benefactor out there, please I’d rather see something like that happen, but again thank You Robby, very kind and considerate.

Tell me Ma me Ma

Y  N  W  A
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3: Jan 21, 2022 09:12:44 am

I’ll donate towards it through the forum if possible,  maybe a  idea to get a rough idea of cost first Rob?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4: Jan 21, 2022 10:22:34 am
      for years I went to the home games and missed out so many times on final tickets so I could never take one now knowing people would have gone to home and away games and been denied a ticket. Tickets should go to the supporters like last night who despite being out numbered
      10 to 1 could still be heard loud and clear. I will still get a shiver down the spine when I see Jordan bring his warriors out and make yet another record with number 9.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #5: Jan 21, 2022 10:39:26 am
      I’ll donate towards it through the forum if possible,  maybe a  idea to get a rough idea of cost first Rob?
      Same.

Maybe a go fund me page for forum members?
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #6: Jan 21, 2022 10:46:29 am
      Gofundme is probably the best way.

Billythered needs it after what he's been through.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7: Jan 21, 2022 10:50:55 am
      Gofundme is probably the best way.

Billythered needs it after what he's been through.

definitely mate two tickets for him I will definitely support. but they will be like rare as rocking horse sh*t maybe if JH and Linda cant make it they can give their seats him.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #8: Jan 21, 2022 11:18:30 am
      definitely mate two tickets for him I will definitely support. but they will be like rare as rocking horse sh*t maybe if JH and Linda cant make it they can give their seats him.

You too mate you better pack your Wembley bag.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #9: Jan 21, 2022 12:10:36 pm

And you need to go to look after him Walt.

And Billy needs to go to look after you.  ;D

I would definitely donate toward it, but someone in UK would have to engineer the tickets and actual trip - sorry I cannot do that from here. It has been more than 10 years since my last trip over to see the team. I wouldn't know where to start. Maybe someone with a supporters' club if that is even still a thing.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #10: Jan 21, 2022 12:27:56 pm
      I went to the 73 UEFA cup first leg which had been delayed by a day after rain stopped play after about 30 mins the following day Big John Toshack played and they couldnt handle him . 95 I got to my first Wembley Final against Bolton and to see my first Wembley lift and in 1996 the disaster of losing to UTD both tickets not far from the corner flag in the tunnel end.
      By the way how old do you think I am I will give you a clue born on Shankly's first game in charge for Liverpool. Tickets should go to the right people having missed out I would be a hypocrite if I prevented a genuine fan going to his first final. If they dont sell out (fat chance they will be a huge demand) then It would be different but I have a better chance of Ernie pulling my Premium bonds out for the big one.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11: Jan 21, 2022 12:37:53 pm
       I have had a word with Billy and we will reluctantly accept the money rather than the tickets  :laugh:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #12: Jan 21, 2022 12:39:11 pm
      I have had a word with Billy and we will reluctantly accept the money rather than the tickets  :laugh:

Will I send a pound coin or 2 50p coins?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #13: Jan 21, 2022 12:47:35 pm
      Will I send a pound coin or 2 50p coins?

I am not proud mate all currency accepted. Credit card details are also acceptable.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #14: Jan 21, 2022 12:52:36 pm
      I went to the 73 UEFA cup first leg which had been delayed by a day after rain stopped play after about 30 mins the following day Big John Toshack played and they couldnt handle him . 95 I got to my first Wembley Final against Bolton and to see my first Wembley lift and in 1996 the disaster of losing to UTD both tickets not far from the corner flag in the tunnel end.
      By the way how old do you think I am I will give you a clue born on Shankly's first game in charge for Liverpool. Tickets should go to the right people having missed out I would be a hypocrite if I prevented a genuine fan going to his first final. If they dont sell out (fat chance they will be a huge demand) then It would be different but I have a better chance of Ernie pulling my Premium bonds out for the big one.

I’m only guessing Walt but I reckon you got at least eight yrs on me, and I now qualify for a bus ticket, whisper it quietly but I hit 60 last August, Shanks first in ‘59’ but I think you’d be no more higher than a grass hopper back then, so hypothetically I’d say you were 67/68 ?

Like you mate I’d rather the ticket, if one were to materialise, go to someone more deserving, like one of those travelling fans who have spent a fortune following the boys, while all I’ve done is sat on my boney arse shouting & swearing  at the telly box, and pissing off the neighbours , very flattering that posters think we deserve special treatment, very much appreciated, but your right, there are those far more deserving than you or I.

Tell me Ma me                               

Y  N  W  A
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #15: Jan 21, 2022 03:18:40 pm

I’m only guessing Walt but I reckon you got at least eight yrs on me, and I now qualify for a bus ticket, whisper it quietly but I hit 60 last August, Shanks first in ‘59’ but I think you’d be no more higher than a grass hopper back then, so hypothetically I’d say you were 67/68 ?

Like you mate I’d rather the ticket, if one were to materialise, go to someone more deserving, like one of those travelling fans who have spent a fortune following the boys, while all I’ve done is sat on my boney arse shouting & swearing  at the telly box, and pissing off the neighbours , very flattering that posters think we deserve special treatment, very much appreciated, but your right, there are those far more deserving than you or I.

Tell me Ma me                               

Y  N  W  A

born for Shanks first game in Dec 59 so 62 ?I wasnt at the game I was busy having my arse slapped in Walton
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #16: Jan 21, 2022 03:22:56 pm
      Being able or not able to attend games in person does not solely define someone as a true fan.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17: Jan 21, 2022 03:45:51 pm
      Being able or not able to attend games in person does not solely define someone as a true fan.

mate I am still pissed at my mum for not hanging on for a couple of weeks allowing me to be born a decade later ie. the 60's rather than the 50's
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #18: Jan 21, 2022 04:04:04 pm
      nice thought. im in. Lets do something nice rather then arguing with eachother. so how are we doing this? gofundme?
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #19: Jan 21, 2022 04:15:00 pm
      Saw my first game in 1947: Liverpool v Stoke City with Herod (easy name to remember) in goal for Stoke.
      Reds won 4-2.

Good luck to Biily and Walt. Hope they can go to the final,and watch the Reds beat the rent boys.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #20: Jan 21, 2022 05:13:51 pm
      born for Shanks first game in Dec 59 so 62 ?I wasnt at the game I was busy having my arse slapped in Walton

My bad mate, mis- read your post, thought you meant you were at Shanks first game, 😀
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #21: Jan 21, 2022 05:29:39 pm
      Saw my first game in 1947: Liverpool v Stoke City with Herod (easy name to remember) in goal for Stoke.
      Reds won 4-2.

Good luck to Biily and Walt. Hope they can go to the final,and watch the Reds beat the rent boys.

I think the term rent boys has now been officially called hate crime or some such nonsense . You could get a visit from the thought Police if you carry on. https://www.besoccer.com/match/liverpool/stoke-city/1947602/analysis
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #22: Jan 24, 2022 07:14:09 am
      Thanks for the correction, W. (Shows how the memory can deceive. Always thought it was 4.2 for us. )
      Although i do remember us scoring four against them around that time.

And for the warning about the Chelsea gobsh**es,(or is that against the law now?)

« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2022 07:24:12 am by Fourbrick »

Quick Reply