Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Crystal Palace v Liverpool (23rd Jan 2:00pm)

Read 4199 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Crystal Palace v Liverpool (23rd Jan 2:00pm)
      Jan 22, 2022 01:45:01 am
      The Reds travel to London for a Sunday afternoon encounter with Patrick Viera's Crystal Palace, currently placed 11th in the Premier League at 5 wins, 9 draws and 7 defeats. The teams met at Anfield on September 18, Liverpool coming out on top 3-0 behind goals from Sadio Mane, Mo Salah and Naby Keita. Of course, all three of the goalscorers from that earlier game are away on international duty at the African Cup of Nations. While their departure has been feared all season, Liverpool have three wins and a draw thus far without them. With a FIFA international break to follow, a win or a draw Sunday would allow the team to finish the month of January undefeated.

Of course only a win will do in terms of whatever faint title hopes Liverpool continue to entertain. Man City are 11 points ahead in the league table, but we are on a bit of a high having just qualified for the League Cup final via a 2-0 aggregate win over Arsenal in the semifinal.

We will see about any rotation in the squad, playing another match less than 72 hours from the previous one. Some of the more likely players to come in to the team for Sunday include Taki Minamino, James Milner and Kostas Tsimikas. Alex Oxlaide-CHamberlain might also feature if he has sufficiently recovered from a harsh challenge vs. Brentford last weekend. Joel Matip was subbed off at the half of the Arsenal game, Klopp saying later he had a knock which led to Ibby Konate coming in to the back line.

Defender Tyrick Mitchell leads Palace in appearances this season with 21 in all competitions. Conor Gallagher leads the team in goals scored with seven.

This may not be a popular opinion on here, but I can see this match proving very difficult for us, coming shortly after a high Thursday night.

« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2022 12:51:53 pm by JD »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre-Match: Crystal Palace v Liverpool (23rd Jan 2:00pm)
      Reply #1: Jan 22, 2022 07:47:10 am
      Don’t see too many options for Jürgen for this fixture, maybe one or two like Kostas for Robbo, Milner starting ahead of Hendo, Ox if fit in for Curtis perhaps, I think the recovery  time is ample, not ideal but long enough to allow for recharging of  batteries, had the Semi went into ET and then pens it would be different, this time of the season there won’t be much fitness training but mainly tactical and fine tuning, aside from those recovering from injury that is, having said all that I think wells see something similar to Thursday’s starters..I’d go….

Alisson
                                                    Trent   Konate   Virgil   Robbo
                                                       Milner   Fabinho  Curtis
                                                           Taki    Bobby   Jota

Bench; Kelleher, Kostas, Williams, Hendo, Ox, Morton, Elliot, Gordon, Liddle

1-2 Mighty Redmen

Tell me Ma me Ma

Y  N  W  A
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #2: Jan 22, 2022 08:54:51 am
      The Reds travel to London for a Sunday afternoon encounter with Patrick Viera's Crystal Palace, currently placed 11th in the Premier League at 5 wins, 9 draws and 7 defeats. The teams met at Anfield on September 18, Liverpool coming out on top 3-0 behind goals from Sadio Mane, Mo Salah and Naby Keita. Of course, all three of the goalscorers from that earlier game are away on international duty at the African Cup of Nations. While their departure has been feared all season, Liverpool have three wins and a draw thus far without them. With a FIFA international break to follow, a win or a draw Sunday would allow the team to finish the month of January undefeated.

Of course only a win will do in terms of whatever faint title hopes Liverpool continue to entertain. Man City are 11 points ahead in the league table, but we are on a bit of a high having just qualified for the League Cup final via a 2-0 aggregate win over Arsenal in the semifinal.

We will see about any rotation in the squad, playing another match less than 72 hours from the previous one. Some of the more likely players to come in to the team for Sunday include Taki Minamino, James Milner and Kostas Tsimikas. Alex Oxlaide-CHamberlain might also feature if he has sufficiently recovered from a harsh challenge vs. Brentford last weekend. Joel Matip was subbed off at the half of the Arsenal game, Klopp saying later he had a knock which led to Ibby Konate coming in to the back line.

Defender Tyrick Mitchell leads Palace in appearances this season with 21 in all competitions. Conor Gallagher leads the team in goals scored with seven.

This may not be a popular opinion on here, but I can see this match proving very difficult for us, coming shortly after a high Thursday night.

Fully agree this could be a real tight one. They are missing a couple of big players as well but can't see it being easy . Limited options in reserve but it is last game for 2 weeks so might just side in again with Ali and Taki
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3: Jan 22, 2022 08:59:26 am
      I think we should register King Kenny as a player and put him out against Palace,With Kenny being used to royalty he will feel quite at home playing the Palace.Whoever we put out it will be 3 points to the MIGHTY REDS.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #4: Jan 22, 2022 09:04:05 am
      Is it right that the European lads have no games in this upcoming international break? So two weeks off for them? If so then I think we won't change much here and we could even go same again with no changes (maybe just Konate in for Matip).
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #5: Jan 22, 2022 10:08:56 am
      Is it right that the European lads have no games in this upcoming international break? So two weeks off for them? If so then I think we won't change much here and we could even go same again with no changes (maybe just Konate in for Matip).

Reckon Milner will come in for either Jones or Hendo
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #6: Jan 22, 2022 10:31:17 am
      NB: Team no longer available

I would rest Matip as precaution and play Jones in front three instead of Minamino since AOC is still doubtful.

Come on Reds.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7: Jan 22, 2022 10:35:11 am
      NB: Team no longer available

I would rest Matip as precaution and play Jones in front three instead of Minamino since AOC is still doubtful.

Come on Reds.

Henderson and Milner with Fab as a 3 must never, ever, be seen again
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #8: Jan 22, 2022 10:44:11 am

Spot on, actually depresses me when I see those 3 names in the middle!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #9: Jan 22, 2022 11:06:19 am
      Can’t see Milner and Henderson together
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #10: Jan 22, 2022 11:49:51 am

For all the bickering snd arguing that goes on in here, it seems we’ve found something we all unconditionally agree on at last 😂😂
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #11: Jan 22, 2022 11:54:48 am
      This is gonna be a tough game, as they all are. Most opponents offer something different, and palace will certainly be a different challenge to Arse.
      Fight and bottle for one thing.
      We will need to be aware of the different dangers they bring, so I’d deffo go with the strongest side possible and make sure we secure the 3 points.
      Back to being mentality monsters, and grinding out wins any which way.
      Gone for 0-3 but depends on us getting an early goal so the game opens up a bit.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #12: Jan 22, 2022 11:56:38 am
      Never thought to check, is Fab ok for tomorrow after the stamp on his instep ?😱
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #13: Jan 22, 2022 12:35:51 pm
      Another hiding for this shower tomorrow.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #14: Jan 22, 2022 12:38:18 pm
      For all the bickering snd arguing that goes on in here, it seems we’ve found something we all unconditionally agree on at last 😂😂

Yep.

If Milner comes in it has to be for Hendo.

I'd keep same again in midfield though.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #15: Jan 22, 2022 01:11:53 pm
      We will have to be at our best to leave with 3 points. Not an easy game tomorrow. I hate breaks with the league, but this one will do us some good I believe.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #16: Jan 22, 2022 02:01:24 pm
      Id be very tempted to go same again, with Konate for Matip if hes not right
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #17: Jan 22, 2022 02:27:55 pm
      Not post related, but good to see Stevie G beat Everton, again.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #18: Jan 22, 2022 03:05:07 pm
      Not post related, but good to see Stevie G beat Everton, again.

start of a good weekend W.Ham to beat Utd then Spurs tw*t Arsenal and we go on and win convincingly at Palace.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #19: Jan 22, 2022 03:14:16 pm
      Always get nervous about the prospect of going to Sellhurst Park even though we've won every game we've played there for about 6 or 7 years. Probably just still suffering from the PTSD of 2014

Would take 3 points by any means tomorrow. Same script as Wednesday night would be lovely. Hopefully the lads have rested well since then and will be ready to go again
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #20: Jan 22, 2022 03:20:41 pm
      On Bob Paisleys birthday a win is a must
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #21: Jan 22, 2022 03:36:08 pm
      I think we should register King Kenny as a player and put him out against Palace,With Kenny being used to royalty he will feel quite at home playing the Palace.Whoever we put out it will be 3 points to the MIGHTY REDS.

"a building of glass and iron designed by Joseph Paxton to house the Great Exhibition of 1851"

Somewhere along the way I picked up the idea that the original crystal palace was a dance hall. I stand corrected.

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22: Jan 22, 2022 04:15:57 pm
                 Ally
      TAA Konate VVD Robbo
        Hendo Fab Jones
        Taki Firmino Jota

Matip had a slight wobble against Arse so maybe give Konate a start.
      And Taki in for Gordon who didn't really get into the EFL cup tie.
      Apart from that, same starters.

Won't have much from the bench if need a goal, maybe AOC and Gordon, so hopefully the starting lads get the job done.

After doing well against Arse, feeling pretty good about getting the 3 points, Jota again to get on the scoresheet :)

COYRs!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply