Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Alisson Becker
      76 (80.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      10 (10.6%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      2 (2.1%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      2 (2.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      3 (3.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Voting closed: Jan 27, 2022 03:54:11 pm

Crystal Palace 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17799 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Re: Crystal Palace 1-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Jan 24, 2022 07:41:53 am
      Think you’ve been taken in by the pundits there paulow.
      If Bobby doesn’t jump, that defender ain’t going anywhere. He’s still gonna be hanging on Bobbys coat tails, and Ox is still gonna be free behind him.

As for the pen. Next time Ronaldo or Kane go diving as someone brushes their shirt sleeve , they’ll be saying
      “ it’s deffo a pen, there was contact”

You have to realise, there’s always a different opinion from them when it’s Liverpool.
      Them wankers are as inconsistent as the refs.

Perfect comment
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #691: Jan 24, 2022 07:54:32 am
      Another good result and now for a well earned break.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #692: Jan 24, 2022 09:09:03 am
      No doubt Jota took a step towards the keeper, but also no doubt that the keeper was going to make contact regardless. Look at his slide and force. He wasn't stopping. The contact is obvious.

Would Jota have had opportunity to take the shot? The answer is, probably, but it doesn't even matter. Penalties are given all the time even after the ball has gone out of play!
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #693: Jan 24, 2022 10:10:11 am
      No doubt Jota took a step towards the keeper, but also no doubt that the keeper was going to make contact regardless. Look at his slide and force. He wasn't stopping. The contact is obvious.

Would Jota have had opportunity to take the shot? The answer is, probably, but it doesn't even matter. Penalties are given all the time even after the ball has gone out of play!

Never a pen in a million years in my opinion.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #694: Jan 24, 2022 11:07:50 am

Jota lost the ball and you're right, it was not however I do not care less. It put the game at rest. I lost my perfect prediction but I do not care.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #695: Jan 24, 2022 11:23:10 am

Agree it wasnt, had Jota not moved towards the keeper the keeper would have not made contact

However as pointed out by some yesterday its about time one went for us as we have had more then enough go against us
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #696: Jan 24, 2022 02:45:07 pm
      Agree it wasnt, had Jota not moved towards the keeper the keeper would have not made contact

However as pointed out by some yesterday its about time one went for us as we have had more then enough go against us

Yes I agree mate. Plenty gone against us.

Var is a joke. This game is heavily stained and corrupted these days. But var might just be the biggest stain. It doesn't tell the ref to look at the jota pen at spurs or that big donkeys assault on robertson yet it wants him to look at that yesterday? It's a total farce and just another knife in the heart of a once great game ruined by money.

The ref made his decision yesterday  ... he saw it clearly and it wasn't a pen. Just let them get on with it.

I've said it for along time. Var is we are having it should be the 4th official. If the ref isn't sure on the field he uses his communication device to tell the 4th official ... part of his team on the day to have a look at it. Or vice versa ... if he misses something the 4th official can relay to the referee to come and take a look. Everything should be handled by the referee and his team on the day.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #697: Jan 24, 2022 02:58:58 pm
      It was never a penalty in a million years but not going to complain as we have been denied some stonewallers in the past

I just hope a ref doesn’t try to even it up again
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #698: Jan 24, 2022 03:38:07 pm
      It was never a penalty in a million years but not going to complain as we have been denied some stonewallers in the past

I just hope a ref doesn’t try to even it up again

Only you could make such a statement!
      The goalie rugby tackled him and the player behind put his boot with studs up into his chest!

Both incidents constitute a penalty, give your arse a chance with the sh*te.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #699: Jan 24, 2022 04:42:24 pm
      Only you could make such a statement!
      The goalie rugby tackled him and the player behind put his boot with studs up into his chest!

Both incidents constitute a penalty, give your arse a chance with the sh*te.

Studs up into his chest , Rugby  tackle

Are you on about something else

https://twitter.com/footballjoe/status/1485281863665078281?s=21

That’s never a penalty - if that was given against us we would be rightly F***ing fuming

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #700: Jan 24, 2022 04:53:42 pm
      The 2nd goal was a bigger piece of luck for us than the penalty.

Let the fume continue as far as I'm concerned anyway. About time things went our way.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #701: Jan 24, 2022 05:03:42 pm
      The 2nd goal was a bigger piece of luck for us than the penalty.

Let the fume continue as far as I'm concerned anyway. About time things went our way.

Yeah we got the luck thay at times we haven’t had before
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #702: Jan 24, 2022 06:34:49 pm
      Only seen the highlights of the game. Of course it wasn't a pen, but I wouod hope the faux anger is directed at the VAR official, than at Liverpool. Seen a Palace fan (some actor apparently) saying it needs investigated for possible corruption.🙄
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #703: Jan 24, 2022 07:44:07 pm
      Studs up into his chest , Rugby  tackle

Are you on about something else

https://twitter.com/footballjoe/status/1485281863665078281?s=21

That’s never a penalty - if that was given against us we would be rightly F***ing fuming

Full of sh*t as per.
      The goalie did not make any contact with the ball but man-handled Jota to the ground, prior to that a defender launched a kick which landed in the upper body area.

Quit watching the highlights with anti-LFC commentary!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #704: Jan 24, 2022 07:53:05 pm
      Full of sh*t as per.
      The goalie did not make any contact with the ball but man-handled Jota to the ground, prior to that a defender launched a kick which landed in the upper body area.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #705: Jan 24, 2022 08:57:31 pm
      Quote from Don77
      I think it's you who has missread ... i meant to back up Mo and Diogo in terms of goals ... to make that clearer for you ... to play alongside them and not sit on the bench to back them up.

It would be Bob doing the backing up im afraid if he wants to stay. He can negotiate with other clubs in 11 months time and no sign of a new deal. Same with Sadio who has been off his game for a while. No new deal that we know of on the table for sadio either. If you don't think we need a striker ... a no9 who can come in and score 20 plus a season every season then I think you need to get off the pipe fella.

It's time the front 3 was freshened up.

Highest scorers in the league.
      Mo leading the scoring charts.
      Salah and Jota also up there.
      12 goals scored since Afcon began.
      League Cup finalists.
      City within sight.

We're spoiled.

Yes I agree mate. Plenty gone against us.

Var is a joke. This game is heavily stained and corrupted these days. But var might just be the biggest stain. It doesn't tell the ref to look at the jota pen at spurs or that big donkeys assault on robertson yet it wants him to look at that yesterday? It's a total farce and just another knife in the heart of a once great game ruined by money.

The ref made his decision yesterday  ... he saw it clearly and it wasn't a pen. Just let them get on with it.

I've said it for along time. Var is we are having it should be the 4th official. If the ref isn't sure on the field he uses his communication device to tell the 4th official ... part of his team on the day to have a look at it. Or vice versa ... if he misses something the 4th official can relay to the referee to come and take a look. Everything should be handled by the referee and his team on the day.

And it was. When the ref saw the incident on his monitor, he changed his mind. All the VAR has to do is let him know, then show him the incident. It's up to him to make the call.

VAR is not a stain on the game, and it's not the worst thing that has ever happened in the sport. It's there to help the referee on the pitch, and 99% of the time, that's what it does.  It helped us to win the league in 2020, and it helped us out during the week, and we've a League Cup Final to look forward to instead.
      It's unbelievable that our fans, (and our pundits in the media) would rather we not have a penalty than have it, but that's where it's at.

Quote from Brian78
      Tell ye what I dont want to see, Jürgen interviewed with a happy head on praising the. or making excuses for that performance

Yes 3 points all that counts but that performance is not going to get us any of our targets

With all the players we have out, we just had to win the game by whatever means necessary. The performance doesn't matter very much atm. We have 3-4 players coming back for the Leicester home game, so hopefully the performance will improve. There's enough contact there to give the penalty, so we should be delighted to get it.

We've had many poor performances at that dump down the years. Even the year we won the league, it was a poor performance there. But we won that game, and we won this. It's wins like this that make the difference in May. Last week the gap was 14 points and looking over our shoulders at 4th, now it's 9 points with a home game in hand. We're back in the race. Now we have to keep it going.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #706: Jan 26, 2022 01:21:28 am
      Big three points after city dropped two at southampton. I don’t think we will win all of our remaining games so we will still need city to drop points in 3 or 4 other games which seems unlikely, but this result just keeps them looking over their shoulder slightly, and hopefully it will give the other teams in the league some confidence of getting something from them. If you attack them then you can expose them.

Back to us. Surprised with the line up. I thought klopp would have made some changes after the Arsenal game so I was pleased to see how strong he went. He made the right choice in bringing in Ox for Gordon too. Normally I’d have played milner ahead of Jones personally but after Jones performed well on Thursday he deserved to keep his shirt.

Thought the first half we were excellent. Perfect almost. It was just complete domination and was a bit like a practice game really. The early goal helped and we were in control from then on. Second goal  came which was a beautiful move and we went in at HT two nil up cruising. The only criticism was we should have put the game to bed really.

Second half I thought we fell asleep for most parts which is unlike us. The midfield lost control of the game and the back four were sloppy too. I thought Jones wasn’t in the game, Hendo had another poor one, and the two centre halves were a bit all over the place at times. Their goal looks like a good pass but it was just piss poor defending in truth.

It was one of those games you just wanted to see the whistle because it just felt inevitable that palace would find an equaliser but then we got the pen. Never a pen for me but I was hardly complaining at the time. When they’re given for you then you look for ways to argue why it’s a penalty but if that’s given against you then you’re absolutely raging. If we lost a game to a decision like that then I’d be fuming.  But F**k it, they always seem to go against us anyway so it’s about time we got some sh*t decision like that.

Nice rest now. Naby to come back and hopefully Mo and Sadio follow soon after.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #707: Jan 26, 2022 09:33:22 am
      Full of sh*t as per.

Goalie is out of control if thats a tackle outside the box, its a foul.

Also can see why folk say no penalty, ok give us an indirect freekick then. ;D

Anyway we were 2-1 up at the time, the way some have been talking all over social medias and tv pundits, we were drawing or losing when we got the penalty. ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #708: Jan 26, 2022 04:09:17 pm

Anyway we were 2-1 up at the time, the way some have been talking all over social medias and tv pundits, we were drawing or losing when we got the penalty. ;D

Fazakerley!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #709: Jan 26, 2022 04:31:58 pm

Is the goalie out of control - he has pretty much stopped as Jota runs into him - if two players run into each other outside the box then it’s tough to give a foul unless someone has deliberately done it

Just ask yourself if that was Alisson and Benteke would you be ok with it being a penalty
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #710: Jan 26, 2022 04:42:05 pm
      Is the goalie out of control - he has pretty much stopped as Jota runs into him - if two players run into each other outside the box then it’s tough to give a foul unless someone has deliberately done it

Just ask yourself if that was Alisson and Benteke would you be ok with it being a penalty

Bad analogy, Benteke would be nowhere near the ball :laugh:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #711: Jan 26, 2022 04:46:01 pm
      Bad analogy, Benteke would be nowhere near the ball :laugh:
      😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Very true
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759