Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Luis Diaz (Porto)

Read 21754 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Re: Luis Diaz (Porto)
      Reply #46: Jan 28, 2022 10:54:31 am
      Right well that's straight from the horses mouth. Fsg announce Mane will leave this summer 🤣

Take a day off from being a tw*t
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #47: Jan 28, 2022 10:55:44 am
      Just watched the obligatory youtube clips

Just off to change my pants now
      To answer your first question - how good? F***ing brilliant been the best player for his club and country for few years now.

More of a known quality than Salah and Mane were before they came here and we saw what Klopp did with them you can imagine the potential with this fella.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6366 
      Reply #48: Jan 28, 2022 10:55:47 am
      Well I’ll be dammed.  Looks like this is a go. Just hate that it may be at Mane’s expense.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #49: Jan 28, 2022 11:04:27 am
      Well I’ll be dammed.  Looks like this is a go. Just hate that it may be at Mane’s expense.

Initially it'll be Minamino and/or Origi moving on but I agree , I've the same feeling Mane could be going in the summer.

Literally have to move one of Minamino or Origi this window due to home grown rule anyway.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,787 posts | 394 
      Reply #50: Jan 28, 2022 11:09:57 am
      Initially it'll be Minamino and/or Origi moving on but I agree , I've the same feeling Mane could be going in the summer.

Literally have to move one of Minamino or Origi this window due to home grown rule anyway.

Only other way around it would be to sign him and let him play out the remainder of the season with Porto like we did with Naby at RB.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Reply #51: Jan 28, 2022 11:11:28 am

Minamino the odd one out imo

Shame as think he has a lot of ability
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #52: Jan 28, 2022 11:12:09 am
      Only other way around it would be to sign him and let him play out the remainder of the season with Porto like we did with Naby at RB.

That won't be happening.

If we can't sell one of them they'll be loaned out.

We won't be spending this money to leave him in Porto and persist with Minamino.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #53: Jan 28, 2022 11:12:34 am
      Minamino the odd one out imo

Shame as think he has a lot of ability

Agree.

He's got the ability, just hasn't worked out here
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #54: Jan 28, 2022 11:14:21 am
      Very good signing. I'll reserve my judgement on our transfer activity until the window is closed in the summer.

I'm looking forward to having him as another option for the next six months.

We need Spurs to go target Bellingham now 🤣
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Reply #55: Jan 28, 2022 11:14:33 am
      Also seems that Porto still owe money from the Grujic signing
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,524 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #56: Jan 28, 2022 11:22:38 am
      Just hearing on the radio this morning that this looks close to being done :) Who'd a thunk it!
      Would've gone for a midfielder but not complaining :)
      Guess the club have decided they want this guy, the time is right, the money is right, and probably most importantly someone from Bob/Mane/Salah will be leaving in the summer. Looking at impact this year, that'd be Firmino imho. But he wouldn't bring in the same money as a Mane or Salah, neither of whom have resigned yet. If Diaz does come in, club would be in a stronger bargaining position when it comes to their contract negotiations.
      It's what we want, investment in the squad, new blood, competition for places on an ongoing basis.
      Let's get it over the line first :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #57: Jan 28, 2022 11:22:55 am
      Very good signing. I'll reserve my judgement on our transfer activity until the window is closed in the summer.

Knock yourself out mate.

The rest of us will just enjoy us upgrading the team yet again.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #58: Jan 28, 2022 11:28:42 am
      Knock yourself out mate.

I see you purposely deleted the part of my post where I said "I'm looking forward to having him as another option for the next six months".

Is this guy better than Mane? Yes or no will do.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #59: Jan 28, 2022 11:29:44 am
      Also seems that Porto still owe money from the Grujic signing

I was wondering where the money is coming from since we behave like we can't afford anybody...

It better work out into a world class player or I'd be telling everyone we failed to sign anybody decent and all we brought in is this piece of sh*te in the coming months.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6366 
      Reply #60: Jan 28, 2022 11:33:11 am
      Knock yourself out mate.

Truth.

I certainly wasn’t expecting any signings much less a bigger one like this. Hope he can make an immediate impact. Think it’s going to be an interesting summer as well depending on how these contract renewals go.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,811 posts | 3381 
      Reply #61: Jan 28, 2022 11:34:54 am
      Truth.

I certainly wasn’t expecting any signings much less a bigger one like this. Hope he can make an immediate impact. Think it’s going to be an interesting summer as well depending on how these contract renewals go.

I expected this signing in the summer but they have had to act because of Spurs

It also shows to me that they are doing a lot of stuff in the background and players for the summer will already be lined up

It is one less player that will be bought in the summer
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #62: Jan 28, 2022 11:41:53 am
      Truth.

If we didn't sign anybody I'd go we didn't sign anyone while our rivals are strengthening. If this doesn't turn out well I'd say they didn't have the money to bring in anyone decent. If he didn't score goals or create, I'd ask everyone how many goals has he scored since he came?

I'm difficult to please. Watch this board. The conversations will turn out this way. It was like this with some of us. It will be like this going forward as people don't change over time.

If he signs I'll wish him all the best and do us proud. I'd back him. And welcome to Anfield.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2779 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #63: Jan 28, 2022 11:43:06 am
      smokescreen for the 27 other players were signing
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #64: Jan 28, 2022 11:43:20 am
      Apparently we’re keen to sign that Carvalho kid from Fulham this window too.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #65: Jan 28, 2022 11:46:49 am
      I made a point pre season and I'm sticking to it until proven wrong. This is a very exciting signing but replacing Mane so the question I have is this guy an upgrade on Mane?

If not, and Mane leaves as hugely predicted, did we upgrade? We need depth up top, as shown this year, if we swap a like for like is this adding depth?

For the next six months it is for sure so let's enjoy it. Hence I said I'll reserve my judgement on our transfer activity until the end of the summer window.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2779 
      Reply #66: Jan 28, 2022 11:51:10 am
      I made a point pre season and I'm sticking to it until proven wrong. This is a very exciting signing but replacing Mane so the question I have is this guy an upgrade on Mane?

If not, and Mane leaves as hugely predicted, did we upgrade? We need depth up top, as shown this year, if we swap a like for like is this adding depth?

For the next six months it is for sure so let's enjoy it. Hence I said I'll reserve my judgement on our transfer activity until the end of the summer window.

Dont know why people want to get bogged down about Mane. For now he is an addition to Mane, making the squad better therefore equipped to win things

Hes 25, Mane 30, no reason they cant co exist for 18 to 24 months at least, while we see the rewards

Mane has not been at his best for a whike, perhaps the competition will spark him, again that helps everyone
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #67: Jan 28, 2022 11:56:14 am
      Dont know why people want to get bogged down about Mane. For now he is an addition to Mane, making the squad better therefore equipped to win things

Hes 25, Mane 30, no reason they cant co exist for 18 to 24 months at least, while we see the rewards

Mane has not been at his best for a whike, perhaps the competition will spark him, again that helps everyone

Mane doesn't have 24 months on his contract. This is why I'll wait until the end of the summer window.

Great addition in the now though. Gives us that much needed added strength on the wings.

What are work permits like these days? Easy to get for these lesser known South Americans?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2779 
      Reply #68: Jan 28, 2022 11:57:50 am
      Mane doesn't have 24 months on his contract. This is why I'll wait until the end of the summer window.

Great addition in the now though. Gives us that much needed added strength on the wings.

What are work permits like these days? Easy to get for these lesser known South Americans?

Likely has a Portugeese passport?

Quick Reply