Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Luis Diaz (Porto)

Read 21633 times
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Re: Luis Diaz (Porto)
      Reply #92: Jan 28, 2022 01:25:38 pm
      I don't even think Spurs were in the running. All news reports I've heard today sound like the lad chose us the minute he heard we were interested in him.

Funny watching spurs not getting this lad and being gazumped by Barca for Adama Troare.

I have been lurking on their boards on job. It seems to me that they were in for him, and like you said. When we contacted his agent. he wanted to come to us. There was a genuine interest from spuds, and they were closing the deal before we jumped in. According to people spuds fans trust.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #93: Jan 28, 2022 01:37:19 pm
      Talk about whos leaving in the squad thread or some such. ;-)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #94: Jan 28, 2022 01:38:14 pm
      :-\
      You’re saying Salah won’t be renewed? I think he wanted to see our ambition first - hopefully this Diaz signing shows that.

Not saying Salah won’t be renewing mate, what I’m saying is that it’s quite likely that one of either Salah, Bobby or Mane won’t be renewing. Which one is anybody’s guess but I’d be shocked if all 3 were renewed.
      For all 3 to renew, they will want a better contract than their existing deals, the club won’t do that whilst adding Diaz to an attack that is already being broken up by Jota.
      Salah isn’t waiting to see our ambition, he’s already said he wants to stay, it’s whether the club can find an agreement with him.

Diaz will end up costing the best part of 50mill, Jota isn’t far off that either so knowing how FSG work, we won’t have those 2 whilst renewing and no doubt improving the terms of the other 3.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #95: Jan 28, 2022 01:40:30 pm
      It has nothing to do with Salah this transfer, the lad plays mainly on the left not on the right ! I think Salah will sign a new contract soon and Mane will be sold in the summer to PSG.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #96: Jan 28, 2022 01:43:09 pm
      Who cares. Can’t we just enjoy the fact that we are signing a player? Why does it always have to be a “gotcha” game? If he works out then what does anyone have to complain about? If he doesn’t well then people will complain. That’s life on the internet.

Because you and your crew and F***ing u.n.b.e.a.r.a.b.l.e ruining every....single....threa d with the same crap and this transfer would be the latest example of what a bunch of clowns you are.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #97: Jan 28, 2022 01:45:06 pm
      If this does go through, add it to the list of examples of how stupidly good this team is at identifying talent and doing all the work in the background without anyone noticing.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,024 posts | 2089 
      Reply #98: Jan 28, 2022 02:15:41 pm
      I don't even think Spurs were in the running. All news reports I've heard today sound like the lad chose us the minute he heard we were interested in him.

Funny watching spurs not getting this lad and being gazumped by Barca for Adama Troare.

It's quite sweet because a decade ago Spurs were gazumping us on pretty much every prime target we had when Redknapp was manager. Cheeky bas**rds clearly knew we were scouting Diaz and thought they'd try it again. They should maybe start drawing up their own shortlist rather than snooping in on who everyone else is wanting (not that anyone should want Traore though - he's sh*t)
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 713 
      Reply #99: Jan 28, 2022 02:17:09 pm
      To be fair I think it does likely spell the end of one of the current front 3 in the summer given their contract situation, all 3 won’t be renewed so there’s a good chance one leaves this summer and us paying out that much for Diaz (potentially) I think emphasises that.

Not being negative, just realistic.

But let’s see what happens with this deal first, could go the way of Fekir for all we know.

Exciting times though, looks ideal for us.

Why doesnt it mean we sell Origi and or Minimino?

I swear everyone hates us having a strong squad, even our own fans sometimes ;D.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,024 posts | 2089 
      Reply #100: Jan 28, 2022 02:18:13 pm

I swear everyone hates us having a strong squad, even our own fans sometimes ;D.

I don't know why we'd want to get rid of them. Both have scored some fairly important goals this season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #101: Jan 28, 2022 02:18:54 pm
      Because you and your crew and f**king u.n.b.e.a.r.a.b.l.e ruining every....single....threa d with the same crap and this transfer would be the latest example of what a bunch of clowns you are.

My "crew"? Who would that be exactly? Any who the F**k are you to be calling anyone a clown you FSG rimjob apprentice.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #102: Jan 28, 2022 02:20:36 pm
      To be fair I think it does likely spell the end of one of the current front 3 in the summer given their contract situation, all 3 won’t be renewed so there’s a good chance one leaves this summer and us paying out that much for Diaz (potentially) I think emphasises that.

Not being negative, just realistic.

But let’s see what happens with this deal first, could go the way of Fekir for all we know.

Exciting times though, looks ideal for us.

It is starting to feel like between Jota and this cat it could be the frontline "refresh" people have been clamoring for. I'd hate to see Mane or Bobby leave this year, hope they don't. I'd like to keep all of our players AND sign players like this. The deeper the squad the better. I do understand it likely means the end for Taki or Divock though just on a numbers basis.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #103: Jan 28, 2022 02:27:22 pm

One needs to stay so we have six options for three positions as top teams need.

I don't think we can keep both of them though because I thought we were a bit limited on non-homegrown slots in the squad?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #104: Jan 28, 2022 02:29:14 pm
      It is starting to feel like between Jota and this cat it could be the frontline "refresh" people have been clamoring for. I'd hate to see Mane or Bobby leave this year, hope they don't. I'd like to keep all of our players AND sign players like this. The deeper the squad the better. I do understand it likely means the end for Taki or Divock though just on a numbers basis.

I hope that we keep Mane to add depth in the squad. We have alot of games in one season, that combined with injuries. I think there will be enough playing time for all of them. Like you say, the trick is to keep adding quality while keeping your best players and get rid of those who arent good enough. Unfortunately Taki this time around.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #105: Jan 28, 2022 02:31:12 pm

Because Origi and Minamino are 5th and 6th choices up front and you're not going to have Mane or Bobby or Diaz come here (or agree to stay) to play in such a reduced role.

Diaz coming here means he's going to be a top-4 option, and that means one of the current top 4 have to go.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #106: Jan 28, 2022 02:32:40 pm

I mean as in (from Twitter) the club had planned to sign him in the summer and as soon as Spurs showed interested it became
      "oh I guess we're signing him now then"
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #107: Jan 28, 2022 02:37:40 pm

Need to free up space in the Non HG for him
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #108: Jan 28, 2022 02:39:46 pm
      refreshing this page like crazy (sorry @JD) to see that Diaz picture where he is signing on the paper, so i can breathe out :D
      Dont want this to end up like Fekir or Willian
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #109: Jan 28, 2022 02:44:49 pm
      I mean as in (from Twitter) the club had planned to sign him in the summer and as soon as Spurs showed interested it became
      "oh I guess we're signing him now then"

If true, they're more actually proactive than some of us make them out to be - stingy, poor, passive, overworking, not supporting JĂźrgen, lack ambition etc.

The thing is this if we don't buy, I read concerns. When we bought a Konate, there were more concerns that we didn't buy perfectly well. And therefore we make them out to be - stingy, poor, passive, overworking, not supporting JĂźrgen, lack ambition etc.

If that is so, we will forever be unable to keep up with our rivals in some of our eyes. Fingers crossed this turns out to be a success like Jota and Robbo. All the best.Its encouraging enough that we are proactive in the transfer market.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #110: Jan 28, 2022 02:45:57 pm
      Need to free up space in the Non HG for him

We are selling Mo. Mo is paying for it. I made that up. Lots of replies will follow. Kill me for that.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #111: Jan 28, 2022 02:48:18 pm
      If true, they're more actually proactive than some of us make them out to be - stingy, poor, passive, overworking, not supporting JĂźrgen, lack ambition etc.

The thing is this if we don't buy, I read concerns. When we bought a Konate, there were more concerns that we didn't buy perfectly well. And therefore we make them out to be - stingy, poor, passive, overworking, not supporting JĂźrgen, lack ambition etc.

If that is so, we will forever be unable to keep up with our rivals in some of our eyes. Fingers crossed this turns out to be a success like Jota and Robbo. All the best.Its encouraging enough that we are proactive in the transfer market.

I read an article a  little while ago that said Diaz was JĂźrgen's primary summer target which would make sense as to why we would speed up the transfer into the January window to make sure we get him amid other clubs showing interest. Not that we back JĂźrgen or anything.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #112: Jan 28, 2022 02:50:59 pm
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #113: Jan 28, 2022 02:55:25 pm
      I read an article a  little while ago that said Diaz was JĂźrgen's primary summer target which would make sense as to why we would speed up the transfer into the January window to make sure we get him amid other clubs showing interest. Not that we back JĂźrgen or anything.

Then it's all about making sure we're spending every ÂŁ well, contrary to some beliefs that we do not want to spend. We just want to avoid satisfying fans with a Mario or Andy Carroll, a Christian, every window. Yet we are that impatient to welcome players at every window because our rivals are buying like crazy.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,775 posts | 392 
      Reply #114: Jan 28, 2022 03:00:39 pm
      This looks more of a replacement for Sadio than it does Mo.

I just hope we land him because he's potentially a world class player in the making and he will signify the regeneration of the front line alongaide Jota and Mo and for the next 4 or 5 seasons.

Quick Reply