Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)

Read 58509 times
      Son Of A Gun and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Re: Luis Diaz Player Thread
      Reply #161: Feb 28, 2022 10:00:46 pm
      His ball recovery is also spectacular, the best at the club. Sadio must feel threatened and he was very angry when he was subbed in the final. Klopp has always said you can't have two players in the same position of the same quality. It looks like this is the case here even if they have different qualities.
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 878 posts | 114 
      Reply #162: Mar 05, 2022 07:09:37 pm
      Love this guy. What I like about him is that he rarely gives the ball away. His decision making is good and his passing is sharp. I love our other forwards but they all give the ball away a bit too easily at times.

He’s been great so far today.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #163: Mar 05, 2022 07:41:04 pm
      Im saying nothing, said it all in the match thread
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #164: Mar 05, 2022 09:47:40 pm
      Such an impressive start. My only criticism of him so far would be that he should probably have an extra goal or 2 by now in his 7(?) games so far but on the whole he’s getting better and better. His workrate with and without the ball is brilliant, if he loses the ball he’s snapping at the heels of the player to win it back.

Right now, for me he’s cemented his place to be starting the games at the moment. As good as Jota has been this season, he had the unfortunate luck of being injured and in that time Diaz has come in and smashed it, Mane is back amongst the goals, Salah is Salah so it’s up to Jota to prove himself again and win his place back, same goes for Bobby. What a situation to have!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #165: Mar 06, 2022 03:28:44 pm
      Such an impressive start. My only criticism of him so far would be that he should probably have an extra goal or 2 by now in his 7(?) games so far but on the whole he’s getting better and better. His workrate with and without the ball is brilliant, if he loses the ball he’s snapping at the heels of the player to win it back.

Right now, for me he’s cemented his place to be starting the games at the moment. As good as Jota has been this season, he had the unfortunate luck of being injured and in that time Diaz has come in and smashed it, Mane is back amongst the goals, Salah is Salah so it’s up to Jota to prove himself again and win his place back, same goes for Bobby. What a situation to have!
      That's what I came here to say. He is very impressive and by the looks of it he's a very good addition to the team. However, I think he should add a little bit more directness to his game. Im talking about passing the ball a little earlier or taking the shot a little earlier.

Yesterday, at 1-0, he could've finished the game on multiple occasions by passing the ball on the break to a teammate in a much better position than him. He also could've finished the game by taking the shot much earlier on a couple of occasions.

I have no doubt he will end up developing that side of his game much more under Klopp and when it happens he'll instantly transform into a regular goalscorer for us. Other than that I have nothing but positive things to say about the lad.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #166: Mar 06, 2022 03:44:48 pm
      Needs better decision making in the final thrid but early signs he looks a great addition. Nice to have that 4th option along Mane, Jota and Salah so we can rotate a bit more and less likey see Klopp having to stick Ox out wide.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #167: Mar 06, 2022 04:05:18 pm
      Starting to become the pressing monster Firmino was.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #168: Mar 06, 2022 08:15:42 pm
      Klopp found another gem with this lad by the looks of it.  :f_doh:

Compare his first few weeks here to Sancho's three quarters of a season with you lot.

And cost about a half of what you paid for Sancho.

An absolute gem ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6734 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #169: Mar 08, 2022 02:42:52 am
      Absolutely love this lad. Every time he gets the ball, the anticipation sky rockets.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #170: Mar 08, 2022 07:49:29 am
      Some lunatic on Twitter has a thread criticising his run from the weekend.

Some people don't deserve great footballers.

His goal tally doesn't reflect his imoact so far but I'm sure that will catch up.

Fantastic signing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #171: Mar 08, 2022 02:08:08 pm

His goal tally doesn't reflect his imoact so far but I'm sure that will catch up.

Fantastic signing.

So they are going to beat him with the same stick they beat Bob with? Firmino will probably appreciate the respite.

Diaz is class and is only going to get better. It's almost unbelievable how comfortable he already looks in this system.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #172: Mar 09, 2022 03:36:26 pm

Fantastic signing.

Im not with ye, how can they be critical of that? Had me off the chair anyway
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #173: Mar 09, 2022 03:37:32 pm

Because it's twitter and there is always one tw*t!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #174: Mar 09, 2022 03:40:26 pm

Fantastic signing.

Deffo a nerd or virgin that needs bullying off Twitter.

Imagine being that demented to have a go at a new signing, new to the country never mind the league and has been nothing short of sensational!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #175: Mar 09, 2022 07:30:26 pm

Likely someone either totally thick or looking attention.

That run was awesome and like you I was out of my seat.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #176: Mar 10, 2022 11:35:46 am

Could argue he could've played the ball through to Salah but when a player is on a run like that, with that momentum  and evading the players with ease, I doubt any player would've played the pass. Had he not been taken out to stop him, there's a good chance he could've ended up putting the ball in the back of the net and then the run would be getting raved about, or if he'd been fouled a yard or 2 further forward and won a penalty.

If he'd played the pass to Salah then if Salah had missed or if the pass hadn't been quite right then people would've been moaning about that too and saying he should have gone it alone. People will always find something to moan about.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #177: Mar 10, 2022 03:16:55 pm
      sh*te the lad
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6734 
      Reply #178: Mar 11, 2022 12:53:11 am
      He easily could have had 5 or 6 goals in his Liverpool career already, if it wasn't for some last ditch blocks and just a bit of luck going his and our way.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #179: Mar 12, 2022 04:51:03 pm
      Going to be one special player for us this man.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #180: Mar 12, 2022 05:23:22 pm
      Going to be one special player for us this man.

Going to be?

Hes already my favourite
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,459 posts | 4587 
      Reply #181: Mar 12, 2022 06:15:39 pm
      Already be said, he does remind me of Suarez.. he’s our player that makes us tick right now..
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #182: Mar 12, 2022 07:22:33 pm
      Going to be?

Hes already my favourite

With ya there. Think he may have taken over as my favorite player. His directness and work rate is a joy to watch.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6734 
      Reply #183: Mar 13, 2022 01:17:02 am
      He is a fantastic acquisition.

Starts ahead of Jota for me, never thought I'd say that but he has impressed me so much.

What courage for that goal and how Sanchez isn't sent off, is beyond me. That was a deliberate attempt to take him out!

Quick Reply