Trending Topics

Next match: Arsenal v LFC [Friendly] Thu 1st Aug @ 12:30 am
      Lincoln Financial Field

Today is the 27th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W3 D4 L3

Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)

Read 66778 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,554 posts | 2801 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)
      Reply #529: Jan 08, 2024 02:58:31 pm
      What's the obsession with Nunez does he remind you of Andy Cole! :laughing-smiley-014:

I’m not obsessed, far from it as I’ve posted very little about him. I’ve yet to decided, certainly not worth what you paid for him based on the 18 months so far. 😂
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #530: Jan 08, 2024 03:51:46 pm
      Buying players over their value happens to all clubs. To some more often the not!   For him to be a very good buy for his value probably needs a hatrick every game especially when considering some of the players in this squad. 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,939 posts | 6851 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #531: Jan 08, 2024 11:57:02 pm
      That was a stonking finish to wrap up the tie.

Great Hit!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,629 posts | 5034 
      Reply #532: Jan 10, 2024 07:44:36 pm
      Wasn't as impressed as most of you guys with him last time out. Thought he flattered to deceive again and was underwhelming until the last period.

Want to see him take on his man a lot quicker and cut back less. Use his flair to his advantage as that for me is his biggest attribute. His unpredictability and ability to run with the ball needs to stay forefront in his mind for me.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 2186 
      Reply #533: Jan 10, 2024 11:18:38 pm
      Wasn't as impressed as most of you guys with him last time out. Thought he flattered to deceive again and was underwhelming until the last period.

Want to see him take on his man a lot quicker and cut back less. Use his flair to his advantage as that for me is his biggest attribute. His unpredictability and ability to run with the ball needs to stay forefront in his mind for me.

Flatters to deceive perfectly describes him. The Arsenal match was same old, same old until he hit that second in injury time. His goals scored and assists stat remain extremely underwhelming. Can make a good run and advance to the danger zone...and that's it. Proceeds to hold on for too long and then lose the ball or hold on for too long upon which the opposition defence is back in position.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,833 posts | 2459 
      Reply #534: Jan 10, 2024 11:22:51 pm
      Decent game again tonight Luis.

Slowly getting back to his best form.

Haters can suck a fat one.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,938 posts | 830 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #535: Jan 11, 2024 01:40:29 pm
      I think he offers more when he cuts in rather than goes down the left flank to cut in from a wider position.

Would love to see him cutting in earlier in the attack to link up and make plays with whoever is in the middle and ride right, when Robbo back that would leave so much space for him to take advantage off.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,642 posts | 1824 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #536: Jan 11, 2024 02:24:37 pm
      I think he offers more when he cuts in rather than goes down the left flank to cut in from a wider position.

Would love to see him cutting in earlier in the attack to link up and make plays with whoever is in the middle and ride right, when Robbo back that would leave so much space for him to take advantage off.

He is missing robbo tbf. Like the whole team is missing robbo.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #537: Jan 20, 2024 01:15:59 pm
      I’m not obsessed, far from it as I’ve posted very little about him. I’ve yet to decided, certainly not worth what you paid for him based on the 18 months so far. 😂

That's because you're watching the TV view and not seeing whole game. He's got everything, he just needs to be more clinical. He looks more of a player than that sack of sh*t Hojlund!!

I'd rather have Diaz and Nunez than Antony and Hojlund  :f_whistle:
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,078 posts | 549 
      Reply #538: Jan 20, 2024 08:19:08 pm
      That's because you're watching the TV view and not seeing whole game. He's got everything, he just needs to be more clinical. He looks more of a player than that sack of sh*t Hojlund!!

I'd rather have Diaz and Nunez than Antony and Hojlund  :f_whistle:

It's not even a contest is it? Our 2 are miles better.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,346 posts | 1133 
      Reply #539: Jan 22, 2024 04:18:51 pm
      As big a fan of Jota as I am, I'm just not that big on Lucho. I think he plays aimlessly too often and isn't to productive in the final 3rd. Loves to come deep and pick the ball up, but then drives with it and almost seems void of purpose or direction. I'd like to see him spend some time on the bench and see if that doesn't force him to reevaluate things. I wanna see Cody get a run on the left anyways....
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,629 posts | 5034 
      Reply #540: Jan 22, 2024 07:42:56 pm
      As big a fan of Jota as I am, I'm just not that big on Lucho. I think he plays aimlessly too often and isn't to productive in the final 3rd. Loves to come deep and pick the ball up, but then drives with it and almost seems void of purpose or direction. I'd like to see him spend some time on the bench and see if that doesn't force him to reevaluate things. I wanna see Cody get a run on the left anyways....

Pretty much where I am with him as well. When he first came he was like s box of tricks at times and really seemed to give us something different in that wide position but since he's came back after injury for me he's a very predictable footballer who doesn't offer anything near what he initially did.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,939 posts | 6851 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #541: Jan 22, 2024 10:42:04 pm

Feel the same way. he's got the pace and vision and tricks but just doesn't seem to have the composure to finish in front of goal.

Recently I read somewhere that suggested we should buy Ivan Toney and sell Gakpo to get him. First person I thought of instead of Gakpo was Lucho!
      gazred
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 890 posts | 320 
      Reply #542: Jan 23, 2024 10:43:57 pm
      I think we have to give Diaz a couple more games at RF at Fulham and at home to Norwich. Mo is missing a few games, Klopp obviously thinks Diaz is the best option to cover and he's usually right. We need to be patient and give him a  bit of time to adapt.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,629 posts | 5034 
      Reply #543: Jan 23, 2024 10:54:32 pm
      I think we have to give Diaz a couple more games at RF at Fulham and at home to Norwich. Mo is missing a few games, Klopp obviously thinks Diaz is the best option to cover and he's usually right. We need to be patient and give him a  bit of time to adapt.

Yea although I don't think he's very effective there he's out best option at the moment.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,078 posts | 549 
      Reply #544: Jan 24, 2024 12:48:40 am
      Feel the same way. he's got the pace and vision and tricks but just doesn't seem to have the composure to finish in front of goal.

Recently I read somewhere that suggested we should buy Ivan Toney and sell Gakpo to get him. First person I thought of instead of Gakpo was Lucho!

I like Toney but we dont need another CF. We definitely cant afford to lose a winger. Diaz has been playing ok. Not brilliant but really not that bad. He'll be fine, just a case of hitting form.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,316 posts | 3404 
      Reply #545: Jan 25, 2024 11:59:16 pm
      He put on Instagram before that him and his missus welcomed their daughter into the world today.

Congrats Lucho!
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #546: Feb 01, 2024 09:14:55 am
      Liked him on the right again last night. He seems more at home there to me. Proper wingers goal at the far post to finish them off.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,833 posts | 2459 
      Reply #547: Feb 01, 2024 09:24:03 am
      Love Lucho he's getting back close to his best form.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,656 posts | 2167 
      Reply #548: Feb 01, 2024 02:22:52 pm
      Diaz was sharp last night, crisp touch, that chop inside was back in full effect, he also mixed it up and went wide and got a well deserved goal. That's great news for us and bad for the opposition. Really encouraging. Love his workrate and energy too. Off all the things Klopp has instilled in this team that has been the singlemost consistent constant. Our skill players all run themselves into the ground and Lucho fits that bill.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,629 posts | 5034 
      Reply #549: Feb 04, 2024 07:14:49 pm
      I think I'll end up dying on the hill that I believe he should be moved on and a right/centre forward player brought in.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,994 posts | 461 
      Reply #550: Feb 04, 2024 07:35:31 pm
      Honestly... I think he's in good form. Was his persistence that led up to our goal. Didn't make the most of an oppertunity to set up a real chance just after HT. If he could slide it to Jota he may have scored but Luis wanted to cut in and shoot.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 2186 
      Reply #551: Feb 04, 2024 07:40:53 pm
      He works hard...but then everyone in his position should. Someone said it in this thread earlier but flatters to deceive perfectly describes him.

Quick Reply