Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)

Read 52719 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Re: Luis Diaz Player Thread (F)
      Reply #299: Nov 26, 2022 09:28:17 pm
      Looking forward to seeing Luis back in action for the Reds, when the premier league restarts next month.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #300: Nov 27, 2022 03:07:30 pm
      We need him back soon so this World Cup at least brought him close to fitness without losing so much matches.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #301: Nov 28, 2022 08:40:46 am
      Good news. Be great to see him back involved.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #302: Nov 28, 2022 10:47:05 pm
      Certainly an automatic choice, when he is fully fit.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #303: Nov 29, 2022 10:18:11 am
      Certainly an automatic choice, when he is fully fit.

I wouldn't say that's a given. I'd go with Jota with everyone fit. Nunez through the middle and Salah. But Jota through the middle with Mo and Luis either side is great too.

I just wish we could get everyone fit for longer than 2 minutes. Loads of options then.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #304: Nov 29, 2022 10:23:59 am
      Aye will be good to have the option of more rotation, when this man is fit.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #305: Nov 29, 2022 04:39:27 pm
      I wouldn't say that's a given. I'd go with Jota with everyone fit. Nunez through the middle and Salah. But Jota through the middle with Mo and Luis either side is great too.

I just wish we could get everyone fit for longer than 2 minutes. Loads of options then.

On the left it's always gonna be Diaz. Jota can go through the middle, Diaz looks better off from the left.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #306: Nov 29, 2022 07:27:36 pm
      On the left it's always gonna be Diaz. Jota can go through the middle, Diaz looks better off from the left.

Not for me. Jota got 25+ last season. Until Diaz can prove he's consistent and got that in his locker then it's Jota for me. Jota was immense against city. Showed what we are missing. It would be great to have them all fit ... and when they are it's Jota Nunez Salah for me. Each to their own eh.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #307: Nov 30, 2022 08:27:50 pm
      Diaz down the left every f***in week for me, guaranteed to make something happen, he like Thiago is a shoe in starter for me, Jota, Mo & Nuuuuunezzzzzz will have to make do rotating each match day, dependant on who the opponents are, but Diaz has to start, no Brainer !!!

Hope over Fear !!

Y  N  W  A
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #308: Nov 30, 2022 08:41:06 pm
      Not for me. Jota got 25+ last season. Until Diaz can prove he's consistent and got that in his locker then it's Jota for me. Jota was immense against city. Showed what we are missing. It would be great to have them all fit ... and when they are it's Jota Nunez Salah for me. Each to their own eh.

So, effectively you would have a square peg in a round hole rather than a natural lefty ?, Jota play’s better centrally and Mo is well, Mo, we’ll need to play our best players in their best positions that’s where you will get the optimum from each,
      So for me it’s Diaz, Jota, Mo, Nuuuuunezzzz is a beast, and what a player to bring on, Jota is a more defined finisher so gets the nod for me, but those two will see a lot of rotation, each to their own is right, but you don’t put round squares into triangular circles, especially when you have a natural fit !!

Hope over Fear !!

Y  N  W  A
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #309: Dec 02, 2022 03:35:11 am
      I miss watching him tear teams to shreds with his pace, hope he still has it once he gets up and running fully.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #310: Dec 02, 2022 09:42:26 am
      Plenty games coming up for all of the forwards to get games.

Jota not back till end Jan at best I think, so probably see Diaz down the left with nunez and bobby rotating for the CF position.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #311: Dec 02, 2022 09:57:42 am
      I miss watching him tear teams to shreds with his pace, hope he still has it once he gets up and running fully.

I miss him too, just hope he can kick on and really start contributing with his end product
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #312: Dec 02, 2022 10:08:16 am
      I miss him too, just hope he can kick on and really start contributing with his end product

Totally agree. At the moment he looks good in a 10 minute highlights package, smashing the post here, destroying the opposition right back there, but he needs to increase his numbers of goals and assists even if he's to even get into Sadio's shadow / legacy. He's not the finished article by a long way and has some work to do to get up to the standards set by Mane, Firmino and Salah over the last 5 years.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #313: Dec 02, 2022 11:13:54 am
      Totally agree. At the moment he looks good in a 10 minute highlights package, smashing the post here, destroying the opposition right back there, but he needs to increase his numbers of goals and assists even if he's to even get into Sadio's shadow / legacy. He's not the finished article by a long way and has some work to do to get up to the standards set by Mane, Firmino and Salah over the last 5 years.

He brings energy, pace and trickery - that’s something all teams need. Just want to see him hit the back of the net a lot more, I feeel like teams don’t see him as a goal threat and it’s a bit gutting.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #314: Dec 02, 2022 11:47:37 pm

Agree mate. He could have had so many more goals but he's either misssed by inches or he keeps hitting it straight at the Keeper.

He will get his range and hopefully once he does, will be unstoppable for us!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #315: Dec 03, 2022 12:02:59 am

Not many players will surpass Mane and Salah output. He will easily outscore Firmino simply because Bobby is not selfish enough.

Scoring lots of goals = having a lot of efforts on goal 😊

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #316: Dec 09, 2022 02:54:48 pm
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #317: Dec 09, 2022 02:56:59 pm
      FFS.

Hopefully just a niggle.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #318: Dec 09, 2022 03:18:04 pm
      I agree with Diaz' pace and trickery worrying defenders, but he seems to be easily turned around, or channelled into the corner. He need to find a way of getting the ball in the box quicker, or cutting in more often and having a pop.
      As good a he looks on the ball, his end product is lacking somewhat.
      Jota seems to be more direct and clearly has a better  finish/assist at the mo.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #319: Dec 09, 2022 09:46:53 pm
      Out until March
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816