Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabio Carvalho - Fulham

Read 21601 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Fabio Carvalho - Fulham
      Reply #161: Jan 31, 2022 11:25:02 pm
      Still sounds promising suppose wouldn't have seen him anyway until Summer still annoying leaving it so late

Takes 2 to tango, though. We don’t know if Fulham were not willing to play ball earlier in the window and trying to draw further interest. Can’t Greenwood them into working with us when we want them to.

It didn’t happen this time, we move on and go back at it again n the summer. All the groundwork seems to be done already.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #163: Jan 31, 2022 11:37:18 pm
      So if he agreed a contract with us (including medical) and he is out of contract this summer - is this not a pre-contract deal? Why does Fulham need to sign off on a pre-contract deal for the summer?

English teams can’t agree a pre-agreement deal with a player in the English leagues to sign on a free at the end of the season. We can have a pre-agreement with the player but it would be involving a transfer fee that Fulham have to agree to. For us to have a pre-contract agreement with Carvalho, it has to be signed off by Fulham. Where as we could approach a player in a foreign league, bypass the club and have a pre-agreement with Dybala for example.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #164: Jan 31, 2022 11:39:03 pm
      Don't see what all the pantie wetting is about, ultimately if he wants to come it'll still happen in the summer,  if he doesn't  want to join in the summer then it's his loss.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #165: Jan 31, 2022 11:42:15 pm
      English teams can’t agree a pre-agreement deal with a player in the English leagues to sign on a free at the end of the season. We can have a pre-agreement with the player but it would be involving a transfer fee that Fulham have to agree to. For us to have a pre-contract agreement with Carvalho, it has to be signed off by Fulham. Where as we could approach a player in a foreign league, bypass the club and have a pre-agreement with Dybala for example.

Because he is under 24 we would need to agree a compensation fee like with Harvey Elliott or go to tribunal go set the fee.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #166: Feb 01, 2022 12:37:36 am
      Yet they still sign Williams on loan from us...
      At the end of the day Carvalho knows what contract we will offer him so if a foreign club come in with a better deal it’s then up to him.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #167: Feb 01, 2022 01:00:51 am
      Won't necessarily be about money for him really I wouldn't have thought, but there might be a clearer route to first team football and to make a name for himself at Dortmund than there is here.

Will be something he and his team will no doubt think about, now that the deal has collapsed.

He may now be a little fed up with dealing with us too, as we and Fulham dragged this out too long.

Perhaps it will serve as a lesson to Ward if he was heavily involved in how not to do things from Edwards.

On we go, let's hope that one doesn't come back to haunt us in 5 years time.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #168: Feb 01, 2022 07:19:19 am
      If we really want him, give Fulham their fee and get him pre-agreement.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #169: Feb 01, 2022 07:46:11 am
      Will be a tribunal now won't it. Something the club didn't want.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #170: Feb 01, 2022 07:48:20 am
      Will be a tribunal now won't it. Something the club didn't want.

Not necessarily  we could have agreed the fee already what they want so no tribunal will be required . I still expect this to go ahead
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #171: Feb 01, 2022 08:13:28 am
      Carvalho would not help us now anyway. Diaz is an immediate help and a prospect which makes the deal a superior one.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #172: Feb 01, 2022 08:13:51 am
      Don't see what all the pantie wetting is about, ultimately if he wants to come it'll still happen in the summer,  if he doesn't  want to join in the summer then it's his loss.

I think its the fact that we had a huge talent waiting to go and sign but we ran out of time, despite having 31 F***ing days to do it. Last minute deals is madness.

Ok we wouldnt have seen him until summer but now the chances are the Gernman clubs and perhaps the barces  will come in now, can offer bigger wages as hes a freebie to them while well have a fee, which Id guess will be double what we paid for Harvey, because we waited until deadline days deadline time. Crazy
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #173: Feb 01, 2022 08:35:11 am
      I'm the first to criticise - where appropriate - our owners and admin......but every source seems to be saying that Fulham ballsed up the "loan back" paperwork.......really not a lot we can do there.

If we want him - which I assume we do - we'll get him.....if indeed we haven't already.

Kids don't almost sign for this club then f**k off elsewhere if we're still in.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #174: Feb 01, 2022 08:47:51 am
      No biggie, this will be done in the summer.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #175: Feb 01, 2022 01:31:10 pm
      I’ve been critical of FSG but sounds like this was something that just got flubbed up. If the player wants us and we want him I would hope it will get done by summer.  It too fussed about it. Especially after landing one of Klopp’s targets. I guess you could take issue with why we took so long and waited till the last minute but that seems to be how deals are done these days for some reason.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #176: Feb 01, 2022 04:45:14 pm
      I think its the fact that we had a huge talent waiting to go and sign but we ran out of time, despite having 31 f**king days to do it. Last minute deals is madness.

Ok we wouldnt have seen him until summer but now the chances are the Gernman clubs and perhaps the barces  will come in now, can offer bigger wages as hes a freebie to them while well have a fee, which Id guess will be double what we paid for Harvey, because we waited until deadline days deadline time. Crazy

Only the other week Marco Silva said he wasn't for sale and would stay until the summer and were still trying to persuade him to stay. So if that was the Fulham stance the other week I would imagine they came to the conclusion trying to get a deal done would get them morr momey Is it more crazy to spend more on a player now than you would have to in the summer.?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #177: Feb 01, 2022 04:55:00 pm
      Not going to lose sleep over this and it does sound like Fulham dropped the ball administratively, but one thing I'm sure of is that it is NOT a sure thing the player will be joining.us. Far too many things can happen In the greedy, corrupt world of football transfers.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #178: Feb 01, 2022 05:52:36 pm
      Disappointed to be honest… could be Dortmund bound come the summer…

Why oh why… ?

We'll sign him in the summer, no coincidence Neco Williams has gone on loan there
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #179: Feb 01, 2022 06:50:56 pm
      A pity whoever it was couldn't put the paperwork through in time, however I assume he'll join in the summer. Is there anything preventing us from agreeing the deal now with the transfer becoming official when the next window opens? Could it already be agreed but we just haven't disclosed it? Or does his contract expire before or at the same time as the new window? My concern is if he continues his good form and with the increased profile he now carries we might find a few more clubs in th mix come the summer.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #180: Feb 01, 2022 07:18:11 pm
      Strange they can sort the deal out for Nico but not Carvlho
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #181: Feb 01, 2022 07:21:58 pm
      ‘The deal fell through because The loan back couldn’t be sorted as the EFL don’t use deal sheets’

Does anyone have the first clue what this means?
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #182: Feb 02, 2022 11:03:32 pm
      The clubs already agreed a fee and the player agreed terms, so surely this is simply a case of amending the paperwork to be a pre-contract rather than a sign-and-loan-back with a compensation fee being £8m as already agreed. This could easily get done in a matter of hours.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #183: Feb 02, 2022 11:05:09 pm
      ‘The deal fell through because The loan back couldn’t be sorted as the EFL don’t use deal sheets’

Does anyone have the first clue what this means?
      In the PL if a deal is agreed close to the deadline but the paperwork still needs to be completed then teams can submit a "deal sheet" to the PL to get a 2 hour extension beyond the deadline just to sort paperwork. The EFL don't do that, so if the paperwork isn't done by the deadline there are no extensions.

Quick Reply