Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Hicks set to sell stake?

Read 3412 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: Hicks set to sell stake?
      Reply #23: Nov 30, 2007 02:25:19 pm
      It's normal for G&H to run a valuation on their new asset.

Doesn't mean they are going to sell it - maybe it's to underwrite further loans...

Just because you ask for a valuation on your house, doesn't mean you want to sell it ffs.

This Hicks chap though does concern me. Gillette who had to go to Hicks to joinly buy the club, seems a lot more passionate about the club, has a better relationship with Parry and probably with Rafa too. But Gillette on his own cannot rairse the funds to buy-out Hicks.

I think this last week has seen a lot of positioning of G&H, Parry and Rafa - they are learning to work together... although, I repeat, for me the weakest link is middle-man Parry - who before this week (and the Pako episode and his crap handling of that) I actually had a lot of time for... not now.

redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #24: Nov 30, 2007 02:29:02 pm
       just seen new report in telegraph online, basically saying thats it untrue!!  looks like the only problem the Americans are having is the re-financing they need for the new stadium.  managed to time needing more money when the cost of getting it has gone up so much! (credit crunch in global loan markets)  don't know about you but the whole things pissing me off.  thank god we are winning and scoring loads of goals at the moment.  if this gossip and stuff had gone on when we were playing sh*te the other month, i might have been to much to bear.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #25: Nov 30, 2007 02:30:44 pm
      Just because you ask for a valuation on your house, doesn't mean you want to sell it ffs.

Don't I know it >:(

:D :D :D
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #26: Nov 30, 2007 02:32:05 pm
      Why's Hicks selling steak anyway? Has he got a job on the deli counter at Morrisons?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #27: Nov 30, 2007 02:40:23 pm
      Why's Hicks selling steak anyway? Has he got a job on the deli counter at Morrisons?

:D :D :D

Parry jumps right into that argument, yet keeps schtum when the Rafa business was going on! What a pr**k!

I know Joey.  What a F***ing pr**k indeed.

It's been, less than 4 hours that the story hit the streets and he's running to the Owners rescue. What a F***ing kiss arse he really is.

When Rafa needed the man in the middle throughout the week to break down the speculation and all the sh*t that has been going on he was no where to be seen.

Cock end.  Why is he still at LFC?  Or in a job at all?

He is one of the most ineffective, arrogant, ignorant w**ker that LFC have had in our history.  F**k off Parry.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #28: Nov 30, 2007 02:46:50 pm
      He is one of the most ineffective, arrogant, ignorant w**ker that LFC have had in our history.  F**k off Parry.

Always so vague... do you like him or not? :f_doh:

I personally think he is so far up Hick's arse that I'm beginning to think he is going to start speaking with an american accent soon.

If the americans didn't have the money to properly fund the stadium why did Parry chose them above DIC.

DIC are mega-huge, I have personally been to their offices in Dubai, they basically own the bloody country!!

Funny how we never got to see the DIC valuation, only have Parry's word that it was inferior to what the Americans bought the club for... and DIC basically called Parry a liar at that time... remember?

More like DIC would have wanted their OWN CEO's in place (as they do with all their buy-outs) and Parry would have been collecting his P45 soon after... all makes sense now.

« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2007 02:49:12 pm by donrafael »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #29: Nov 30, 2007 02:48:16 pm
      Parry jumps right into that argument, yet keeps schtum when the Rafa business was going on! What a pr**k!

Exactly my thoughts mate.

To be honest when I first heard this news this morning I wasn't surprised. The Rafa v Owners story has gone stale so there had to be a 'new twist' sooner or later.
      I reckon Oldred raised an interesting point about the economic problems in America and the rise of the stadium costs, which is bound to put a strain to original money plans from the owners. Add that to Rafa being eager to get things in place sooner rather than later and a severe lack of communication from Parry, then you can see why the media have had a field day blowing all sorts of things out of proportion.

I'm just wondering if it was a Liverpool fan who ordered the arrest of Harry Redknapp so there was a fresh scent of meat elsewhere for the media vultures...
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #30: Nov 30, 2007 05:29:42 pm
      It's all bollocks! I said they'd tire of trying to get Rafa fu**ed off and turn to someone else! I said Sam Allardyce would be next actually, so seems I was wrong! :P

If he's in place here, he should be dispelling all bollocks stories such as this and the Rafa debacle! It was clearly a load of hot air and yet he won't come out and shoot that one down before it gets out of hand? Tosser, get shut of him!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #31: Nov 30, 2007 06:00:16 pm
      What I find most interesting about the reaction to this latest piece of 'journalism' is that Liverpool were so swift to make an announcement. 

Last week Rafa was worrying about the sack and they gave some half arsed response not even denying it. 

We've said time and time again on this forum that Hicks was only brought in last minute because he had the finance and two weeks before he bought the club he had probably never heard of us.

City sources confirmed last night

Those good old 'city' sources eh!

Barely nine months after arriving at Anfield in a blaze of glory after the £219million takeover, it is understood Hicks has placed a guide valuation of a staggering £1billion on the Merseyside club.

And while that price is seen as ridiculous by City analysts, it emerged last night that Dubai International Capital, the investment group headed by Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, and who were jilted at the alter by Liverpool 12 months ago, could be ready to make a new bid.

Really? 'It emerged' - where from? Behind a bush?

DIC are hardly likely to pay £1 billion for a club that they haggled so much over for £200 million nine months ago are they. And they weren't 'jilted by Liverpool' - they pulled out of the deal.

Even if there is the smallest inkling of a story in this article - the enormous whiff of bullshit overpowers it.

Worst. Article. Ever. (even worse than Bascombe's)
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #32: Nov 30, 2007 06:27:01 pm

Even if there is the smallest inkling of a story in this article - the enormous whiff of bullshit overpowers it.

Worst. Article. Ever. (even worse than Bascombe's)

Bang on!!

Like the detailed analysis JD exposing the weasel words that show this 'article' is all speculation.  Don't let the facts get in the way of a good (but in this case crap) story.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #33: Dec 01, 2007 03:33:19 pm
      Tom Hicks: I'm not selling my half of Liverpool

Dec 1 2007 EXCLUSIVE by John Thompson, Liverpool Echo. Link to article here

LIVERPOOL Football Club co-owner Tom Hicks is not interested in selling his half of the club, he revealed today.

In an exclusive interview with the ECHO, Hicks also rubbished claims of a rift between himself and co-owner George Gillett.

The Dallas-based multi-millionaire spoke after attending a two-day National Hockey League owners’ conference in California with close friend Gillett.

Both men have clearly been taken aback by recent stories in the British media, including one that Rafael Benitez is facing the sack, which as far as they are concerned have no foundation in fact.

Another report claimed Hicks had instructed financial brokers to get him out of Anfield and stated there was renewed interest from Dubai.

But, speaking to the ECHO from his private jet, Hicks said last night: “I just want to clear up with you that I am not selling any of my shares to anybody.

“I have no idea why anyone would think that. It was just rubbish.”

Regarding the furore over Benitez’s job and the fans who marched in his support on Wednesday, Hicks said: “The fans are very passionate and that's what we love about them.

“It's been a big misunderstanding blown very much out of proportion. George and I are happy to see that it has settled back down.

“We've a big game on Sunday against Bolton, a big game against Marseilles and a big game with our neighbours to the east and the main thing is the team is playing better.”

He addressed Liverpool fans’ concerns that the owners were in danger of being unavailable to communicate with Anfield as often as is necessary, and stressed Foster Gillett, George Gillett's son and an Anfield director, would be their hands-on representative.

Hicks said: “I guess we are absentee owners – there's no question about it. But Foster returned to Liverpool last week. He’s our day-to-day person to help facilitate communication – and we come as often as we can.”

On talk of a split with Gillett, Hicks laughed: “George and I have never been closer. We both were very disappointed and confused as to where that inaccurate information came from.

“It's a new experience for us because the UK media is very different. The ECHO has been great. But we're disappointed fiction has been treated as fact by others.

“Owning Liverpool has been great, we're still enjoying it.”

He said he and Gillett are looking forward to seeing Benitez when they go to the Manchester United game.

Well, if you leave the papers to speculate and give them a voice while you's are silent, what do you expect?!!!

S-A-M-U-E-L-T
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts | -13 
      • LIVERPOOL!
      Reply #34: Dec 07, 2007 04:51:52 pm
      I was very surprised at this when i came across it so it was a shock. i saw the souce and it was the mirrow so i wont be true. hell reasure us soon that he isnt gonna sell the stake

Quick Reply