Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (2.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (8.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.2%)
       Fabinho
      4 (4.9%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      5 (6.1%)
      Luis Diaz
      5 (6.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      58 (70.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: Feb 14, 2022 09:37:36 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10734 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Feb 10, 2022 09:58:01 pm
      Don’t get your logic, Diaz is miles better than Taki, and he needs to play in the system to get used to it,stop looking for sh*t it isn’t there, Taki is a squad player and he knows it, Diaz is looking to play each week and probably  will even if it’s off the bench, best Taki can hope for is a place on the bench with no guarantee of getting on !

You won't find any logic in somebody that seeks out negativity.

Loving what Diaz brings to our Team, he’s only going to get better. Fantastic acquisition.   

Exciting times again! 💪🏾🔴

He makes it look so simple mate the potential is as you say, so exciting.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,281 posts | 2835 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #323: Feb 10, 2022 10:04:20 pm
      You won't find any logic in somebody that seeks out negativity.

He makes it look so simple mate the potential is as you say, so exciting.

Ive only just posted a minute ago about Taki, love his attitude.

Diaz is going to be something
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3921 
      Reply #324: Feb 10, 2022 10:08:06 pm
      I’m so happy
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Leicester
      Reply #325: Feb 10, 2022 10:18:48 pm
      Get in Diogo lad! Absolutely brilliant player, love him

Got that gift of being in the right place, at the right time, hasn't he?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #326: Feb 10, 2022 10:25:09 pm
      Got that gift of being in the right place, at the right time, hasn't he?

Also got me a long overdue perfect on the prediction league with that late strike.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #327: Feb 10, 2022 10:26:17 pm
      Great win. Well done.

We looked better with Diaz, Jota and Salah.

Let's keep the pressure up on City and see what it gets us.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #328: Feb 10, 2022 10:38:57 pm
      Also got me a long overdue perfect on the prediction league with that late strike.

Ah, that thing. Probably a good thing that I forget to do mine as when I rememberin sh*te. Forgetting about it is a convenient excuse for me
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #329: Feb 10, 2022 10:44:04 pm
      I gave Diogo MotM but I probably should've gone Thiago. Class.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #330: Feb 10, 2022 10:55:36 pm
      It's interesting that Jota is kind of like the opposite of Bobby in the CF role.  For years everyone has talked about how the value of Bobby is more than goals and assists -- it's his pressing, link up play, influence, etc that make him such an asset.  On the other hand, Jota has a knack for being anonymous for almost the entire 90 minutes, and yet still bags a couple of goals. 
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 766 
      Reply #331: Feb 10, 2022 11:02:12 pm
      Jota's late strike gave me a perfect, but far more importantly a win and three points for the Reds !
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1784 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #332: Feb 10, 2022 11:04:48 pm
      Awesome.

Jota. Yaassss.

Matip is class.

And how cool is Thiago.

Fyi. Whole team was boss.
      « Last Edit: Feb 11, 2022 07:47:36 am by brezipool »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1784 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #333: Feb 10, 2022 11:05:31 pm
      Would have been 8 if not for that goalie. ;D
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,658 posts | 1592 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #334: Feb 10, 2022 11:09:03 pm
      Lovely solid win tonight, can't look any further than Jota for MOM but have to say that Diaz was exceptional on his full debut, VVD was superb as Captain tonight and all the team were on it, think Allison only had one save to make, and wasn't it great to see Mo back and what a reception her got, would loved him to have scored.

Well done lads, proud of ya  ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3921 
      Reply #335: Feb 10, 2022 11:33:10 pm
      Salah was absolutely insane when he came on, was everywhere and looked sharp. That curling effort was a thing of beauty! His back heels and one twos are incredible to watch - pure entertainment. He must love playing in a Klopp set up. Why would he ever want to leave? The best right back in the world behind him and now an unbelievable young midfielder in Elliott squaring to each other. Sensational to watch.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #336: Feb 11, 2022 12:23:32 am
      Salah was absolutely insane when he came on, was everywhere and looked sharp

Like death, taxes, Gopher and zz counting to a million on the daily, him scoring at least another ten this season in the league is certain

Edit. There's been lager. Plenty.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Leicester
      Reply #337: Feb 11, 2022 01:22:41 am
      I don’t know. It’s jist his ‘vibe’ though he is more like fowler than the other two.

Not the 90s, but Dirk Kuyt is who Jota reminds me of.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,064 posts | 2110 
      Reply #338: Feb 11, 2022 01:24:05 am
      Salah was absolutely insane when he came on, was everywhere and looked sharp. That curling effort was a thing of beauty! His back heels and one twos are incredible to watch - pure entertainment. He must love playing in a Klopp set up. Why would he ever want to leave? The best right back in the world behind him and now an unbelievable young midfielder in Elliott squaring to each other. Sensational to watch.

Must be like coming up for air for Salah to be back under Klopp's tutelage. Especially after having to put up with the pure sh*t that Queiroz served up at the African Cup of Nations.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #339: Feb 11, 2022 01:54:10 am
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #340: Feb 11, 2022 03:09:38 am
      Well for this board to be so positive only tells you how good the team was tonight, and as Jürgen says they can still improve on a lot of things.

I was very critical of Curtis Jones last game and I want to say I thought he put in a hard-working shift, played more within himself and wasn't shooting on sight time. It wasn't spectacular but I think he genuinely helped the team.

The center backs were so strong, as were the fullbacks. The midfield link of Fab and Thiago is so good it almost doesn't matter who the third is, but Harvey was bright again. So many options up front and with another match in less than 72 hours I'm eager to see how Jürgen rotates.

City will be very hard to catch in the league but this team is going to be even more brilliant to watch over the next few months.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #341: Feb 11, 2022 07:03:15 am
      Well done the REDS,especially Jota for a brilliant performance,I was talking to my son after the match and he asked me what did i think about us playing 5 forwards--Diaz, Mane, Jota, Salah and Bobby Firmino.I agreed with him when he said they would terrorise most teams.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,263 posts | 4934 
      Reply #342: Feb 11, 2022 07:52:19 am

Was just about to post about Thiago.

Among a lot of fantastic performances last night he was the one to stand out for me.

Knits everything together and makes Fabinho an even better player.

When fit it's him and Fab plus one other as much as we can.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #343: Feb 11, 2022 09:02:32 am
      If you look at our squad and you wanted to field the best X1 from it you wouldn’t find many who would disagree with what we seen last night, even without Mane, Naby, Hendo, etc, all over the pitch from back to front was as nigh on perfect as your going to get from a Klopp X1,

Alisson, solid and as reliable as any keeper West of Andromeda, Virgil & Matip, for me best CB pairing in football totally, Trent, his stats speak for themselves is the best in the world in that position & Robbo Isn’t too far behind, in all you couldn’t swap any of them for anybody else,

Midfield is a minefield, trying to find the perfect trio will be a lottery, it depends on who the opposition are, one thing is for certain though and that is without Fabinho as DM we won’t function as well, he is simply immense, he breaks up everything any opposition can throw at us, he protects that back four like it was his wife & kids, and he can join in setting up attacks, sliding balls left and right to Trent & Robbo,he is without a shadow of a doubt the best DM East of the Halon Collider, but….

…..who plays with him..now I hate when things alter slightly, you’re sort of unsure if it’s going to work out or not, I get this feeling when i think of Hendo, Milner, Naby, Curtis, Ox , we’re so used to those names in the side , you know the reliability they bring …for the most part…but it’s changing, right in front of our very eyes,  I think we seen our best trio last night, Fabinho, Thiago & Elliot, I would normally have some steel as part of a midfield, I suppose you could say Fabinho is but he’s no Souness or a McMahon, but in all honesty a Klopp side doesn’t need Messers Souness or McMahon, we’re too busy attacking,

With Thiago and Elliot we have everything we need, guile, flair, vision, delivery, intelligence, speed and eye of the needle passing, and all aimed at targeting a front five of exquisite talent, I mean look at them, look at them and ask who would you place any of them with, Haaland, Mbappe, world class both of course, but could they fit into a Klopp system, or are they both too individualist?

Mo, again like Trent his stats are just phenomenal, so no change there, Mane, on his day there ain’t many better, Bobby, again when he’s on it he’s absolute world class, he’s the glue that binds it all together, Jota, is proving to be yet another Klopp signing that becomes world class, his goals this season are up to 17, his best ever , coincidence, is it bollocks, dunno what he’ll end up with this campaign but, if we play him through the middle with Mo right and either Mane or Diaz left he will reach into the 30’s, no worries, ok perhaps not this season, simply put, in that position, he’s a goal magnet, then we have the new kid on the block, what has he played, 110 mins or so, and immediately he’s made a impact, his fleet of foot is incredible, his overall speed is right up there with the fastest, it’s early days of course but F**k me, this fella fits right in doesn’t he,

Leicester got incredibly lucky last night, had we been more clinical and had Casper not had yet another worldly it could have been five or six, in summing up, we have now a squad of players capable of winning anything and everything, looking at it, all of them, all 25 of them, and show me where we need to improve,

Of course we can strengthen, which we will do in summer, but with everyone fit like we are right now, it’s hard to argue who is the best equipped side, City, Chavs ? possibly, but by F**k are we close, close enough to do severe damage fookin right we are, next few seasons the race is over, for the other 17 clubs in the EPL, for me we’ll be witness to a three horse race each season, and we are on the rise, again !!

Alisson
                                                      Trent    Matip    Virgil    Robbo
                                                                      Fabinho
                                                             Elliot              Thiago
                                                           Salah     Jota     Diaz/Mane

World beaters right there, with plenty of rotation within the squad we can achieve anything we want, we just need the fitness God’s to shine on us.

Y  N  W  A
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,083 posts | 3443 
      Reply #344: Feb 11, 2022 09:03:31 am
      Was just about to post about Thiago.

Among a lot of fantastic performances last night he was the one to stand out for me.

Knits everything together and makes Fabinho an even better player.

When fit it's him and Fab plus one other as much as we can.

He started the game very quietly and then about 1 minute after I posted he was quiet he just suddenly came to life

Quick Reply