Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Pre-Match: Burnley v Liverpool Sunday Feb 13th 2 pm

Read 3649 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Pre-Match: Burnley v Liverpool Sunday Feb 13th 2 pm
      Feb 11, 2022 10:38:48 pm
      Kickoff is about 65 hours from the close of the previous match, so I expect a few changes for the starting xi in this one.

Mo Salah should be good to start. I can't imagine Jota is dropped. Bobby was subbed out fairly early so he probably starts as well while I imagine Sadio will come on as a sub as Mo and Diaz did the previous two matches. Lucho Diaz I do think maybe begins this one on the bench after going almost the full contest Thursday night.

Jordan Henderson trained today so I would expect him to start in midfield if he is fit, along with Harvey Elliott and maybe Ox (I don't think he'll put Thiago on from the start with the Spaniard having played Thursday night). The back four should remain unchanged.

Burnley will make it tough to score but if we can break through early it should help us on our way.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Re: Pre-Match: Burnley v Liverpool Sunday Feb 13th 2 pm
      Reply #1: Feb 11, 2022 11:01:01 pm
      Fabinho has to start, he is so important and this won’t be easy. Their new striker looks handy but I’m sure VVD and Matip will handle him.

Salah will be dying to get back to scoring and can see Jota down the left with Firmino up top.

I would start Thiago, Fabs and Elliott in the middle but Klopp will probably start Henderson over Elliott this time.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #2: Feb 11, 2022 11:17:40 pm
      In the box at Turf Moor going to get smashed and abuse their sh*te style of football no end . Jota ,Mane and Salah up top give Diaz a break to come on and add the 4th . Keita to start over Jones and Hendo to maybe Thiago or Fab a break before Milan
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #3: Feb 12, 2022 12:05:52 am
      Games coming thick and fast now, good job we have a great squad now.

Their new striker is decent but we should our score them
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,087 posts | 631 
      Reply #4: Feb 12, 2022 12:19:33 am
      Just had a look at their stats, and was surprised to see McNeil only has 1 assist this season. He always seems to be their most dangerous player...
      Goes to show how sh*te they've been this season.

Can't wait for them to go down with their prehistoric football.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5: Feb 12, 2022 05:14:13 am
      Come on Lads keep the focus!

They may be bottom but they always appear dangerous.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6: Feb 12, 2022 07:37:39 am
      Come on Lads keep the focus!

They may be bottom but they always appear dangerous.

But our REDS are far more dangerous, especially with the squad we have got now.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7: Feb 12, 2022 10:04:23 am
      Just smash these please. 😁
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #8: Feb 12, 2022 12:09:47 pm
      Hopefully we can beat these by a few goals.
      I've got a ticket in the Burnley end. It'd be nice if we scored 4 in the first 20 mins so they all go home and I can sing for the rest of the match
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #9: Feb 12, 2022 12:27:51 pm
      Hopefully we can beat these by a few goals.
      I've got a ticket in the Burnley end. It'd be nice if we scored 4 in the first 20 mins so they all go home and I can sing for the rest of the match

I am in the James Hargreaves box with a load of dingles with free ale what could go wrong
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #10: Feb 12, 2022 03:21:58 pm
      Horrible team to play but they come along twice a year so let’s hope we give them a good seeing to, hope they go down
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #11: Feb 12, 2022 04:47:54 pm
      I am in the James Hargreaves box with a load of dingles with free ale what could go wrong

I'm in Jimmy McIlroy stand
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #12: Feb 12, 2022 05:38:56 pm
      https://team-picker.files.bbci.co.uk/liverpool-starting-xi-71c8e2a749490d581af001b1e578cf20.html

Thought I'd try out the BBC thing ... but in short usual back 5, fab hendo and elliot in midfield, Mo and Diaz either side of Jota. Tempted to go with Sadio ... but im sure we will see him during the game
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #13: Feb 12, 2022 05:43:16 pm
      Fabinho has to start, he is so important and this won’t be easy. Their new striker looks handy but I’m sure VVD and Matip will handle him.

Salah will be dying to get back to scoring and can see Jota down the left with Firmino up top.

I would start Thiago, Fabs and Elliott in the middle but Klopp will probably start Henderson over Elliott this time.

I went with hendo fab and elliot alongside hendo. Be interesting to see how Jürgen plays it. Everyone fit so plenty to choose from.

I've gone Jota up top. He's 1st choice now. His link up play and work rate are excellent. But he looks dangerous and he scores goals. Mo on the right ... and I went Diaz on the left though it wouldn't surprise me if Jürgen gave Diaz a breather here and went with Sadio.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #14: Feb 12, 2022 05:44:29 pm
      https://team-picker.files.bbci.co.uk/liverpool-starting-xi-71c8e2a749490d581af001b1e578cf20.html

Thought I'd try out the BBC thing ... but in short usual back 5, fab hendo and elliot in midfield, Mo and Diaz either side of Jota. Tempted to go with Sadio ... but im sure we will see him during the game

No Thiago? The man looked incredible last game
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #15: Feb 12, 2022 05:48:07 pm
      No Thiago? The man looked incredible last game

Hes injury prone mate. 2 games in 4 days ... id be worried. Plus Burnley will get about us in midfield. Thiago is more suited to a slower pace with plenty of time on the ball I think. So I went fab for what he does ... hendo for the press and Harvey for that energy, press and creativity. But a full house to choose from ... be interesting to see how we go.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #16: Feb 12, 2022 05:53:22 pm
      Hes injury prone mate. 2 games in 4 days ... id be worried. Plus Burnley will get about us in midfield. Thiago is more suited to a slower pace with plenty of time on the ball I think. So I went fab for what he does ... hendo for the press and Harvey for that energy, press and creativity. But a full house to choose from ... be interesting to see how we go.

Yeah it’s a good point, I just feel Thiago gives us that class against this type of opposition- the calmness and quality to find a pass. I would play him then look to bring off at 50/60 mins.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,109 posts | 2129 
      Reply #17: Feb 12, 2022 07:51:13 pm
      GK - Alisson
      LB - Robbo
      CB - VVD
      CB - Matip
      RB - TAA

DM - Fabinho
      CM - Thiago
      CM - Elliott

FW - Diaz
      FW - Jota
      FW - Salah

Strongest line up we have at the moment surely (and perhaps ever?). That midfield especially - I'm almost certain that this is the midfield we'd want for at least the next two-three years.

Re-watching the Leicester game - superb victory. Any openings that Leicester had were directly the result of slackness from us, to be expected when you dominate possession so much. Highlight for me had to be the partnership between Robertson and Diaz on the left - remarkable that this was their first game together. They look like they had played for years. That relationship may already be grounds to displace Mane in the starting eleven.

I get anguished over leaving Firmino out of that best eleven above. He still plays a pivotal role at this club but he is high risk and I wonder if, with a midfield like that above, do we need him? It's important to realise that he has been the bolt, the joint (pivot...whatever word you want to use) that has mattered for us over the years. Counter attacks succeed or fail on his ability to play that high risk ball on the ground when it pops out of our penalty box after an ineffective opposition corner/free kick. If he succeeds with his disguise, pivot and technique, we're getting a shot on their goal. If he fails, they're getting a shot on our goal. And in play he has a very real physical, tactical presence when coming deep but the reason why I leave him out is that too often when coming deep there is a slack ball in there which leaves us totally exposed and more often than not, a chance for the opposition. In truth, it's a side of his game that has always been there.

Jota doesn't offer that deep, complex tactical play that Firmino does but I'm pretty sure that with Elliott coming through we won't need that from our central attacking forward. A midfield trio as technically gifted and eclectic as Thiago, Fabinho and Elliott probably doesn't require that role anymore. It is our most technically astute midfield under Klopp.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #18: Feb 12, 2022 08:21:27 pm
                 Ally
      TAA Konate VVD Kostas
       Hendo Thiago Keita
         Salah Jota Diaz

Fair few games coming so could see Jürgen make a few changes. Maybe.
      Konate and Kostas don't really weaken us much imho with their form.
      Hendo to come back in assuming back is OK. Fab will start in the CL so could let him rest for this one.
      Mane to come on as a sub later, but start Diaz again. Jota surely getting too many goals to leave out and Mo back in. Mane then could start against Inter.
      Get ahead and then get the subs on for Thiago, Hendo in 2nd half.
      Expecting another away win.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      Reply #19: Feb 12, 2022 11:06:00 pm
      Can we please smash at least 4 past them in the first half so I can sit back and enjoy the 2nd half, instead of being nervous as F**k every time the oppo gets the ball! Please lads, rip into this lot from the off!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #20: Feb 13, 2022 02:57:45 am
      Can we please smash at least 4 past them in the first half so I can sit back and enjoy the 2nd half, instead of being nervous as f**k every time the oppo gets the ball! Please lads, rip into this lot from the off!

Nice thought, but I would bet on a one-goal game.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      Reply #21: Feb 13, 2022 06:57:20 am
      Nice thought, but I would bet on a one-goal game.

Normally I would against this lot but we are in a habit of scoring multiple goals and I expect that to continue.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #22: Feb 13, 2022 09:53:26 am
      Going for 3  1 win for the Reds against  Burnley today. I think Mo Salah will be back in the starting line up and probably on the scoresheet. Simply a game we have to win, to have a remote chance of catching Man City !

Quick Reply