Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

General Tips for First Match at Anfield

Read 3318 times
      KeepTheFaith75
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 16 posts |
      General Tips for First Match at Anfield
      Feb 17, 2022 02:43:46 pm
      I have viewed the posts on this forum for a few years though rarely post ;)

For a while I have been looking to get tickets to go to a home match with my 12 year old son, we live in Ireland and the only tickets available are hospitality which are very expensive.

I bought 2 tickets for the Norwich FA Cup game on Wednesday week for the Anfield Beats lounge, no interest in the hospitality side as I am with my son.

My question is how easy it is to get an Uber or taxi from close to the ground after the match, would it be better to wait 20 minutes after the game ends and then leave the ground.

Also, if anyone has been to the Anfield Beats lounge, is it worthwhile turning up early as the tickets allow you in a few hours before kick off.

Any other tips would be massively appreciated though this is only a 24 hour trip which involves a 3hr drive to Dublin airport, a flight to manchester and a train to Liverpool:)
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: General Tips for First Match at Anfield
      Reply #1: Feb 17, 2022 05:45:33 pm

For a while I have been looking to get tickets to go to a home match with my 12 year old son, we live in Ireland and the only tickets available are hospitality which are very expensive.

I bought 2 tickets for the Norwich FA Cup game on Wednesday week for the Anfield Beats lounge, no interest in the hospitality side as I am with my son.

My question is how easy it is to get an Uber or taxi from close to the ground after the match, would it be better to wait 20 minutes after the game ends and then leave the ground.

Also, if anyone has been to the Anfield Beats lounge, is it worthwhile turning up early as the tickets allow you in a few hours before kick off.

Any other tips would be massively appreciated though this is only a 24 hour trip which involves a 3hr drive to Dublin airport, a flight to manchester and a train to Liverpool:)

Whereabouts would you be getting a taxi to mate? If it's the City Centre it's probably quicker and cheaper to just jump a bus. They do have the 917 bus which is direct to / from the ground on match days but this gets quite busy when the game has finished. Your best bet is probably walking down Oakfield Rd until you get to West Derby Rd and the jumping any of the busses from there (12, 13, 15, 18 all go to the centre and take no longer than around 10 minutes). I do this most match days and it take me around 45 minutes to an hour, that's including getting a portion of Salt & Pepper chips from one of the 8 million chippys on Oakfield Rd.

In regards to the lounge, I've never actually done hospitality before but if you've paid for it you might as well make use of it mate. Most of the pubs near the ground are a bit of a nightmare pre-game with the queues at the bar, stench of piss and over-priced sh*t pints in plastic glasses so I'd recommend taking advantage of the lounge as opposed to a pre-match pint in one of the local boozers.
      KeepTheFaith75
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 16 posts |
      Reply #2: Feb 17, 2022 07:34:05 pm
      Whereabouts would you be getting a taxi to mate? If it's the City Centre it's probably quicker and cheaper to just jump a bus. They do have the 917 bus which is direct to / from the ground on match days but this gets quite busy when the game has finished. Your best bet is probably walking down Oakfield Rd until you get to West Derby Rd and the jumping any of the busses from there (12, 13, 15, 18 all go to the centre and take no longer than around 10 minutes). I do this most match days and it take me around 45 minutes to an hour, that's including getting a portion of Salt & Pepper chips from one of the 8 million chippys on Oakfield Rd.

In regards to the lounge, I've never actually done hospitality before but if you've paid for it you might as well make use of it mate. Most of the pubs near the ground are a bit of a nightmare pre-game with the queues at the bar, stench of piss and over-priced sh*t pints in plastic glasses so I'd recommend taking advantage of the lounge as opposed to a pre-match pint in one of the local boozers.

Nice one, thanks for the advice. Staying in the Resident Hotel on Seel Street, getting in about 5:30pm, think we will head to the ground early & as you said make use out of the lounge.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #3: Feb 17, 2022 11:42:25 pm

The supporters club on Breck road is a good place to go before a match, only a pound to get in and is ideal to take kids, drinks are much cheaper and you can get snacks, chips etc, also surrounded by Liverpool stuff everywhere, it's about a 10 minute walk to the ground, but like Tame Impala advises, you'd be wise to take advantage of the hospitality if you've got it on tap.

Enjoy the Anfield atmosphere and soak it all up with your lad, best wishes.
      KeepTheFaith75
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 16 posts |
      Reply #4: Feb 18, 2022 02:10:06 pm
      The supporters club on Breck road is a good place to go before a match, only a pound to get in and is ideal to take kids, drinks are much cheaper and you can get snacks, chips etc, also surrounded by Liverpool stuff everywhere, it's about a 10 minute walk to the ground, but like Tame Impala advises, you'd be wise to take advantage of the hospitality if you've got it on tap.

Enjoy the Anfield atmosphere and soak it all up with your lad, best wishes.

Thanks for that, both of us are like kids at the moment:) we cannot wait.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5: Feb 18, 2022 02:32:32 pm

How olds your son? Before or after the game you could bring him into Klopps bar ( if its still open??) and show him the Sandon pub, just because its where we were founded. This will also let the crowd die down a bit if you want a taxi, but the buses are as handy if your staying in the city centre
      KeepTheFaith75
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 16 posts |
      Reply #6: Feb 18, 2022 02:45:12 pm
      How olds your son? Before or after the game you could bring him into Klopps bar ( if its still open??) and show him the Sandon pub, just because its where we were founded. This will also let the crowd die down a bit if you want a taxi, but the buses are as handy if your staying in the city centre

He is 12 but a mature 12 year old and looks a lot older as he is close to 6ft!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7: Feb 18, 2022 02:49:52 pm

That Klopps bootroom bar might pass half an hour for him so, always have old matches on the screen designed like a dressing room with jerseys laid out ( painted on the wall). one of the locals might tell you if its still open.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #8: Feb 18, 2022 03:41:37 pm
      Just wanted to pop in and say I'm extremely jealous KeepTheFaith....have a blast!!

One day I'll make it over......
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: Feb 18, 2022 04:35:40 pm

We went to the family area at the ground and my eldest got a few games of 5 a side in before the match.
      Not sure if that's still there. This was before Porto at home a few years back.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #10: Feb 18, 2022 10:36:13 pm
      We went to the family area at the ground and my eldest got a few games of 5 a side in before the match.
      Not sure if that's still there. This was before Porto at home a few years back.

They had to bin it off this season. It was situated directly behind the Annie Rd end, but due to there's no room for it at the minute due to all the redevelopment going on
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #11: Feb 21, 2022 11:41:28 am
      They had to bin it off this season. It was situated directly behind the Annie Rd end, but due to there's no room for it at the minute due to all the redevelopment going on

Thought that might be a case. That's a shame. My fella loved it
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #12: Feb 21, 2022 01:42:27 pm
      Thought that might be a case. That's a shame. My fella loved it

Yeah was great for the young ones, hopefully something similar gets sorted once the stand is finished
      KeepTheFaith75
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 16 posts |
      Reply #13: Mar 04, 2022 04:10:02 pm
      Thanks for all the replies, we had a fantastic time and we won :)

It took over 9 hours from Cork and only got to the ground after 7 due to delays but the seats were good & we both sang and shouted to stay warm as it was freezing.

Definitely we get back again and was as someone who might not be Minamino's biggest fan, I thought he was excellent. We even got a decent draw so hopefully a return to Wembley for the semi finals.

Quick Reply