Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre match: Liverpool v Norwich, FA cup round 5 @Anfield: Wed March 2nd, ko 20:15

Read 3548 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool v Norwich, FA cup round 5 @Anfield: Wed March 2nd, ko 20:15
      Reply #23: Mar 01, 2022 09:05:14 pm
                      Ally
      Gomez Konate VVD Kostas
          Jones Hendo Keita
            Elliot Jota Mane

Would need either Hendo or Fab in the middle to shore things up imho [with Thiago out]
      Think that's a strong enough side while still rotating guys.

We've gone a fair ways in this comp already and think Jürgen will want to keep going.

Like the look of that side although I'd play Kelleher again.

Allison is going to play plenty this season so I'd leave him out for the FA Cup as long as were in it to give Kelleher more games.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool v Norwich, FA cup round 5 @Anfield: Wed March 2nd, ko 20:15
      Reply #24: Mar 02, 2022 12:09:30 am
      Like the look of that side although I'd play Kelleher again.

Allison is going to play plenty this season so I'd leave him out for the FA Cup as long as were in it to give Kelleher more games.

Thougt so too at first, but the boss confirmed Kelleher won't start.

"He had 120 minutes (on Sunday).

"You asked me last week if he will play before (the final) to get some rhythm, but he is used to the situation where he just comes on and has to play.

“He is not used to 120 minutes and then being the hero. There is no need to stress the situation. So no, he will not start.”
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25: Mar 02, 2022 08:58:08 am
      Woke up in the middle of the night and immediately began wondering how many changes Jürgen will make tonight.

Matip, Diaz, Henderson, Keita and Mane the five who didn't play the entire 120 and perhaps the most likely to feature from the start, but they could each be rotated out as well.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26: Mar 02, 2022 09:34:01 am

Surely he won't be starting a 4th game in such a short space of time? I think he didn't play the entire game against the Chavs because he wasn't having the best of games.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27: Mar 02, 2022 10:04:03 am
      A toshack chant would be nice tonight, show support to him in his illness
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #28: Mar 02, 2022 10:09:27 am
      Can't wait for tonight. First visit since Covd and a road trip with my boys.....might never do this again now they're 18 & 21.....

I'm going

Ali
      Bradley
      Ibou
      Joe
      Kostas
      Ox
      Morton
      Milly
      Div
      Taki
      Diaz

Reckon he'll mix it up big time at home against this lot.....big, big game Saturday we owe those blerts one.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #29: Mar 02, 2022 10:10:23 am
      Can't wait for tonight. First visit since Covd and a road trip with my boys.....might never do this again now they're 18 & 21.....

I'm going

Ali
      Bradley
      Ibou
      Joe
      Kostas
      Ox
      Morton
      Milly
      Div
      Taki
      Diaz

Reckon he'll mix it up big time at home against this lot.....big, big game Saturday we owe those blerts one.

Make the absolute best of it pal
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #30: Mar 02, 2022 10:16:43 am
      Think we've got to be realistic now.  FA Cup would still be great to win but it's importance has been lessened after winning a trophy at Wembley already. 

Personally, I'd rest the whole back four.  The only debate to be had is whether to put Gomez at right back or central defence which would obviously decide if  Milner or Rhys Williams plays.

Be interesting to see how Norwich line up because you would think they definitely have bigger issues to focus on.  They've got Brentford at home at the weekend.  One of only four games they've got left against teams in the bottom seven or so.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #31: Mar 02, 2022 10:17:56 am

Love reading this kind of stuff.  Hope we get the right result and they buy you a pint, or at the least a pie!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #32: Mar 02, 2022 12:18:57 pm
      Surely he won't be starting a 4th game in such a short space of time? I think he didn't play the entire game against the Chavs because he wasn't having the best of games.

I don't think the boys who went 120 will feature is mainly what I was saying about those five, but I think you are right. I see Kanate and Gomez at center back, although I had forgotten about Rhys Williams being back.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #33: Mar 02, 2022 01:02:24 pm

I'm going

Ali
      Bradley
      Ibou
      Joe
      Kostas
      Ox
      Morton
      Milly
      Div
      Taki
      Diaz

Enjoy your day mate with the kids...

Like the team selection too..👍🏼
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #34: Mar 02, 2022 01:02:58 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

I would rest so many first XI as possible. I would have played Kelleher but Klopp chose otherwise.

Come on Reds
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #35: Mar 02, 2022 01:52:36 pm
      Whilst I understand the call to rest players after Sunday's final against Chelsea . I think we should play a reasonably strong side tonight against Norwich, who put up quite a fight in the premier league game, only recently. I think it would be great to achieve another appearance at Wembley by reaching the final in May.

Although winning the title must take priority, I simply hope we can give this competition a fair crack, as it can be a great day out for the fans !

BTW still have fond memories of watching Liverpool beating Leeds 2  1, on black and white tv, way back in 1965, followed the Reds ever since !
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #36: Mar 02, 2022 02:01:57 pm
      Whilst I understand the call to rest players after Sunday's final against Chelsea . I think we should play a reasonably strong side tonight against Norwich, who put up quite a fight in the premier league game, only recently. I think it would be great to achieve another appearance at Wembley by reaching the final in May.

Although winning the title must take priority, I simply hope we can give this competition a fair crack, as it can be a great day out for the fans !

BTW still have fond memories of watching Liverpool beating Leeds 2  1, on black and white tv, way back in 1965, followed the Reds ever since !

I think it will be a strong enough side but definitely need for rotation after 120 minutes against Chelsea. We were notably gassed in ET.

Jota, Divock and Elliott came late into the game, so they should be able to go a full 90 today. Ox and Taki didn't even play so i think they start today as well.

Alisson
      Bradley Gomez Konate Kostas
                       Morton
                Elliott         Ox
      Taki               Div         Jota
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #37: Mar 02, 2022 02:02:16 pm
      Connor Bradley,  Owen back, tyler Morton and kade gordon not involved with liverpool under 19's today v genk live on bt. Must mean they are involved with the 1st team although tyler was injured
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38: Mar 02, 2022 02:19:01 pm
      Connor Bradley,  Owen back, tyler Morton and kade gordon not involved with liverpool under 19's today v genk live on bt. Must mean they are involved with the 1st team although tyler was injured

A bit unsure of Bradley to be honest. Seems like Neco Williams a bit - bull in a China shop. Personally I reckon Milner will be at RB or Gomez will be if Rhys Williams starts
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #39: Mar 02, 2022 05:37:24 pm
      8:15 KO!! On a school night, FFS, earliest finish 10pm, what time will the Norwich fans get back? (Not realy arsed about them TBH)

They have no idea! Why not 7pm KO, then if you want, time for a few cheeky sherbets afterwards.

Absolutely stupidity by ITV, plus it's Sam Matterface, or what ever his name is.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #40: Mar 02, 2022 05:42:19 pm
      A bit unsure of Bradley to be honest. Seems like Neco Williams a bit - bull in a China shop. Personally I reckon Milner will be at RB or Gomez will be if Rhys Williams starts

Forgot Rhys had gotten called back from loan. I would definitely start him at CB and move Gomez to the right.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #41: Mar 02, 2022 07:13:36 pm
      A toshack chant would be nice tonight, show support to him in his illness

Oh his song please.

This is Anfield take this warning,
      John Toshack is always scoring…
      Where you hear the Kopites roariiiing,
      Toshack is our king …

The memories this invokes are priceless and will be always with me, among others, to my grave.
      Have to say this was one of my favourites .
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #42: Mar 02, 2022 07:15:49 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

I would rest so many first XI as possible. I would have played Kelleher but Klopp chose otherwise.

Come on Reds

May be wrong, but don’t think this is a strong enough starting 11 🤷‍♂️

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #43: Mar 02, 2022 07:19:54 pm
      8:15 KO!! On a school night, FFS, earliest finish 10pm, what time will the Norwich fans get back? (Not realy arsed about them TBH)

They have no idea! Why not 7pm KO, then if you want, time for a few cheeky sherbets afterwards.

Absolutely stupidity by ITV, plus it's Sam Matterface, or what ever his name is.

And chavs and Luton 7:15 with Luton about 10 miles up the M1 🤷‍♂️

And chavs 1 down inside 3 mins 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Quick Reply