Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre match: Liverpool v Chelsea - League Cup Final, Sunday Feb 27 @16:30

Read 7240 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Pre match: Liverpool v Chelsea - League Cup Final, Sunday Feb 27 @16:30
      Feb 24, 2022 08:28:09 pm
      Come on lets get behind this now. Cup final at wembley against this lot, first part of a possible quadruple.......buzzing for it. Im not one of these " its only the league cup" I want this.

We know Kelleher plays. Id give Konate the nod to. after that....hard to leave any stars out but I think Hendo makes it

Kelleher

Trent Konate VVD Robbo

Hendo Thiago Fab

Mo   Mane  Diaz

Ali, Joe, Joel Tsimikas, Milner Jones, Origi, Minamino, Eliott
      « Last Edit: Feb 25, 2022 06:58:16 am by RedPuppy »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool v chelsea - League cup final, Sunday Feb 27 @16:30
      Reply #1: Feb 24, 2022 09:22:17 pm
      Here we go!!!

First trophy of the season. Jordan can get some practice for lifting the Premier League trophy and Old Big Ears.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,276 posts | 762 
      Reply #2: Feb 24, 2022 09:38:29 pm
      Really looking forward to picking up the first trophy of the season, hopeful it will be a great day out for the fans !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #3: Feb 24, 2022 09:53:35 pm
      There’s been a few sides over the years who have been on for the quad, including ourselves. No one has yet completed the challenge.
      This side of ours, I believe is the one capable of completing the Dream.
      These players are now reaching a place where they are beginning to believe they are unbearable, but in a humble and respectful manner. No arrogance, just hard graft, and believing in each other.
      I said the prem was never over, even when we were 12 points adrift.
      I also believe the quad is on !
      First step is on Sunday!
      Let’s go and win it you mighty red men !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4: Feb 25, 2022 03:39:43 am
      Comeooonnnn Lads, let this be the beginning of The Best Season in our History! Win fkn everything!!!

Chelsea cu*ts. F***ing hate this lot!!!

Mission STOP N'golo Kante from going anywhere near that ball. Fab, Thiago and Hendo to smother the F**k out of him whilst we run rampant all over the pitch!!!

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #5: Feb 25, 2022 06:24:24 am
      NB: Team no longer available

We need to beat them. Brilliant springboard for the rest of the year. Come on Reds.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool v Chelsea - League Cup Final, Sunday Feb 27 @16:30
      Reply #6: Feb 25, 2022 07:47:06 am
      Come on lets get behind this now. Cup final at wembley against this lot, first part of a possible quadruple.......buzzing for it. Im not one of these " its only the league cup" I want this.

We know Kelleher plays. Id give Konate the nod to. after that....hard to leave any stars out but I think Hendo makes it

Kelleher

Trent Konate VVD Robbo

Hendo Thiago Fab

Mo   Mane  Diaz

Ali, Joe, Joel Tsimikas, Milner Jones, Origi, Minamino, Eliott

That team aint far off I think, will be the strongest he has got, bar kelleher in goal.

Id be shocked if he doesnt start matip, big man is on fire. Imagine his runs on the wemberleee pitch. bags of space, and bags of space for salah & mane & diaz to rip them a new one. :)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7: Feb 25, 2022 08:30:05 am
      There’s been a few sides over the years who have been on for the quad, including ourselves. No one has yet completed the challenge.
      These players are now reaching a place where they are beginning to believe they are unbearable, but in a humble and respectful manner. No arrogance, just hard graft, and believing in each other.
      First step is on Sunday!

We can only really say its on if we win sunday. :)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #8: Feb 25, 2022 09:14:15 am
      Hendo's recent impressive performances should see him get the third slot in midfield alongside Fab and Thiago I would think. Centre half is interesting, I really thought Matip wouldn't play midweek to save him for Sunday but now he played I wonder if the boss is thinking about Konate for this?

Jota on the bench hopefully for half an hour if we need to chase the game.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #9: Feb 25, 2022 09:47:14 am
      It’s Chelsea, a team full of world class players and a world class manager.

Need to go toe to toe with our best 11.

Kelleher - already confirmed (deserved)

Robertson
      VVD
      Matip
      TAA

Thiago
      Fabinho
      Henderson

Diaz
      Mane
      Salah

Can’t wait! Most of that team have won big big trophies in pressure moments! They’ll be able to handle the occasion
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #10: Feb 25, 2022 10:47:24 am
      Really wanna win this now we're at Wembley!

We haven't played well against these in either match this season (both draws), but we haven't started with Thiago & Fab either.
      This time we will!

Strongly fancy us to win a tight match either 2-1 (maybe after ET) or via a pen shootout with Kelleher the hero again.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!!

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #11: Feb 25, 2022 11:07:23 am
      Really wanna win this now we're at Wembley!

We haven't played well against these in either match this season (both draws), but we haven't started with Thiago & Fab either.
      This time we will!

Strongly fancy us to win a tight match either 2-1 (maybe after ET) or via a pen shootout with Kelleher the hero again.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!!

Were a different animal since last we played, almost fully fit squad, lots of options.

They dont score many goals, so if we can get an early lead, we should win it.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #12: Feb 25, 2022 11:59:23 am
      Were a different animal since last we played, almost fully fit squad, lots of options.

They dont score many goals, so if we can get an early lead, we should win it.

We learned (or remembered) how to hold a lead. That has been the biggest difference in our turnaround.

Is Reese James back healthy for them? he was huge for them.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #13: Feb 25, 2022 12:20:03 pm
      We learned (or remembered) how to hold a lead. That has been the biggest difference in our turnaround.

Is Reese James back healthy for them? he was huge for them.

Yea we are defo much more solid, and awesome at offsides. ;D

No idea if james is fit.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      Reply #14: Feb 25, 2022 02:12:43 pm
      No strikers for chelsea, false 9s, late, timed runs from mid to try and outplay our offside trap, thats how I think chelsea will set up
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #15: Feb 25, 2022 03:18:03 pm
      Firmino won't be involved.  Jota possibly.  Kelleher definitely in goal.

Ultimately you need a bit of luck in these finals goes without saying.  Especially if it gets as far as pens.

Obviously hope we get the win otherwise we'll only have the treble to focus on!!

Tough times being a red! 🥳
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      Reply #16: Feb 25, 2022 03:59:45 pm
      Its going to be intriguing. Nervous edge of the seat stuff id wager.

Maybe a Kelleher will be the hero
      RedWilly

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #17: Feb 25, 2022 04:51:08 pm
      Its going to be intriguing. Nervous edge of the seat stuff id wager.

Maybe a Kelleher will be the hero

Think Mo is going to have a stormer, he will be desperate for a trophy after losing out at AFCON
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #18: Feb 25, 2022 05:21:24 pm
      Jota off the bench to score the winner .Going to be one goal in it for me will be very tight
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #19: Feb 25, 2022 05:35:20 pm
      Jota off the bench to score the winner .Going to be one goal in it for me will be very tight

If anyone is going to score the winner coming off the bench, it's going to be Divock after he puts on his cape and comes on the field.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20: Feb 25, 2022 06:35:17 pm
            Kelleher
      TAA Matip VVD Robbo
        Hendo Fab Thiago
       Salah Mane Diaz

Strongest team, though you never know with Jürgen, he might tweak the middle and leave Hendo/Thiago to come on later.
      Big game for the keeper, hasn't played in a while, but hasn't let us down so far so good luck to Kelleher.
      What a signing Diaz has been, already a starter, hit the ground running and given people a lift, new blood round the place.

We're coming into this in good form. Chavs still missing Chilwell and James, who gave them a lot of go forward, and hopefully Mo and Diaz can get some success against Alonso and Cesar.  Doubt Lumpkaku will start, but might see him later when their booting it forward chasing the game :)

Silverware would be nice. The Hendo shuffle...
      COYRs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #21: Feb 25, 2022 07:33:50 pm
      First step is on Sunday!

Comeooonnnn Lads, let this be the beginning of The Best Season in our History! Win fkn everything!!!

Chelsea cu*ts. F***ing hate this lot!!!

Mission STOP N'golo Kante from going anywhere near that ball. Fab, Thiago and Hendo to smother the F**k out of him whilst we run rampant all over the pitch!!!

SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH

Don't mention a F***ing thing about any quad.

Every time it used to get mentioned about Utd, City etc they always go and F**k it up.

Stick to our mantra of one game at a time and let's beat Chelsea.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,276 posts | 762 
      Reply #22: Feb 25, 2022 09:28:11 pm
      Hopeful our front three Salah, Mane and Diaz will carry on their superb form on Sunday, with Thiago, Fab and Henderson in midfield. I am confident, we can beat Chelsea on Sunday.

Quick Reply