Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leeds?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (2.7%)
      Joel Matip
      13 (17.6%)
       Fabinho
      3 (4.1%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      17 (23%)
      Sadio Mane
      7 (9.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      26 (35.1%)
      Luis Diaz
      4 (5.4%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: Feb 27, 2022 09:37:52 pm

Liverpool 6-0 Leeds United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 11985 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2777 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Liverpool 6-0 Leeds United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Feb 24, 2022 03:36:58 pm
      I think last night was the point where all players hit their true form. That’s gonna see us through to the end of the season now. They knew they had the ability, now they’ve increased the belief.
      Think any finals have to be your strongest side.
      Curtis and Elliot don’t have the defensive discipline for such a big game.
      As always, get it won first.

I actually think we have another level in us, maybe 2
      tytusgroan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 557 posts | 51 
      Reply #346: Feb 24, 2022 03:41:11 pm
      It's always tricky playing a game in midweek before a final. Great to see we came through unscathed. Once we scored there was never any danger of the result being in doubt.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #347: Feb 24, 2022 10:43:35 pm
      Quote from billythered
      If that last night wasn’t a statement of intent then I don’t know what is ! I had a feeling that we would see a goal fest and I did say in the pre match post, sometimes in a season we put in a particular performance that after when you look back on it you say to yourself that was the moment, a few weeks back we were written off by plenty of the so called know alls, including some of our own, but now look at us, a few weeks back we still weren’t at our best but we’re still picking up the points, and we were 12 points behind Citeh,

Last night for me was the point where everything clicked into gear, Leeds were no push over’s they played the best that their abilities would allow, but we made it look easy, it wasn’t, Bielsa’s Leeds know only one way of playing, once you get around that then they are quite vulnerable, that’s what happened last night, at 3-0 HT virtually game over, start of  second half I thought we were too slow, Leeds had spell where I was thinking if these score it could get a bit ropey, but we stepped it up a gear and that was that, there’s been plenty said already on how we played and who was motm, to me they all were, I don’t think we could single anyone who had a bad game,

Timing is everything in this league and I think Jürgen has it spot on, still active in 4 competitions when we are approaching our optimum is as perfect as your gonna get, of course we can improve but we’ll hold back a little for the finals we are bound for and already in, I kind of hope now things settle for a while, I want us breathing down their neck’s, I want them to feel the pressure they are now under, of course it would be brilliant  if they were to lose further points, but right now all we need do is win every game left and we’re Champions, and we are more than capable of doing just that,

I mentioned before that we are the Mentality Monsters, we know better than anyone else in this league how to manage a run of wins, 12 victories away from No20, and I think we can manage that, we certainly have the right attitude and the mental strength to carry it through, we’re not the ones under pressure, Pep and his players are, for me staying 3 behind is the perfect situation, until we meet in April, that game, may or may not be the title decider, I think Citeh will drop more before it, but that game will see us go top and stay there, that’s how I see it panning out, but we’ll see,   Y  N  W  A

Personally I would rather go there 3 (or more) points ahead and top of the table beforehand than go there facing a 3 point gap to overhaul. I don't believe it's better to chase than to lead either. We have our own pressure. We have to win every game, there's no margin for error. We are winning every game atm, but you know that just one draw for us, and everyone will write us off again. Look at the 0-0 draw in the League Cup game at home. Aggro, chaos, mayhem, and the whole ship had sunk. We've won every game since, and the sky's the limit again.

I said after the away game that playing Leeds is very easy for us, and we showed why again. Even still, it wasn't the best performance. Allison can think about that early howler for the next 10 days, so he doesn't make it again against West Ham. We missed lots of very easy chances, Diaz Fabinho and Salah in particular, and should have got several more goals to add to the 6 we got. But if we could play Leeds every week, winning the title would be a walk in the park every year.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #348: Feb 25, 2022 03:52:14 am
      Easily could have been 9 or 10 as well.

Diaz's shot blocked by Sadio

Mo's clearance of the line

Fab how did he miss that?

and I'm sure there was 1 more, cant remember for the life of me but someone will tell me.

Quick Reply