Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Pre match: Liverpool v Chelsea - League Cup Final, Sunday Feb 27 @16:30

Read 7380 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool v Chelsea - League Cup Final, Sunday Feb 27 @16:30
      Reply #23: Feb 25, 2022 10:23:30 pm
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #24: Feb 25, 2022 11:24:29 pm
      Come on reds, not the most important trophy in the world but one we have great history in.

We need more silver in the cabinet under Klopp and this is and opportunity, come on Liverpool!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25: Feb 26, 2022 04:39:58 am
      It's funny how Chelsea have spent so much dirty Russian Politics and Oil money on high profile forwards, but their best tactic is to set up a wall and try to counterattack. Tuchel knows if they come out and try to play football with us we will give them a hammering and just boat race them. I expect a lot of fouls and a low scoring game, but I'm betting on our Reds to make the vital breakthrough.

For the final, will they go straight to penalties if the score is level after 90 minutes or would they play 30 extra minutes for this one?
      rossyred

• 9,286 posts | 1664 
      Reply #26: Feb 26, 2022 06:35:28 am
      It's funny how Chelsea have spent so much dirty Russian Politics and Oil money on high profile forwards, but their best tactic is to set up a wall and try to counterattack. Tuchel knows if they come out and try to play football with us we will give them a hammering and just boat race them. I expect a lot of fouls and a low scoring game, but I'm betting on our Reds to make the vital breakthrough.

For the final, will they go straight to penalties if the score is level after 90 minutes or would they play 30 extra minutes for this one?

ET then Pens
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #27: Feb 26, 2022 01:14:35 pm
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #28: Feb 26, 2022 02:10:44 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,252 posts | 2819 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #29: Feb 26, 2022 06:45:51 pm
      Place is buzzing for the game what
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,642 posts | 3918 
      Reply #30: Feb 26, 2022 06:47:55 pm
      Place is buzzing for the game what

Ha ha - the reality will kick in at the pub tomorrow
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,252 posts | 2819 
      Reply #31: Feb 26, 2022 06:58:32 pm
      Ha ha - the reality will kick in at the pub tomorrow

Wembley, cup final, against these hounds. Its huge
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #32: Feb 26, 2022 08:54:54 pm
      First 20 mins is all important as both teams suss each other out, I'm buzzing for this final, we've done the hard bit by getting to Wembley so let's get out there and win it !!!

I think it will be a close encounter with the mighty redmen winning by the odd goal, I just hope it's a good game for all the fans travelling down wembley way and that everyone keeps safe and enjoys the day.

:kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpoolwz0:

Wemberley Wemberley were the greatest team in Europe and were going to wemberley...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,252 posts | 2819 
      Reply #33: Feb 26, 2022 10:57:48 pm
      Our record at Wembley since it got revamped isnt great, was fairly solid at the old Wembley, so no better team to get it going again at Wembley
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34: Feb 26, 2022 11:22:58 pm
      Well, it's Wembley-eve, looking forward to a shiny new toy tomorrow :)

CMON BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 670 posts | 87 
      Reply #35: Feb 27, 2022 12:29:53 am
      Think it would be a symbolising gesture if Chelsea wear their Blue kit with Blue socks and we wear our old all Yellow kit and instead of the pre-match line formed the Ukraine flag. Second half we could revert back to red.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,701 posts | 893 
      Reply #36: Feb 27, 2022 12:35:31 am
      Shouldn't we refuse to play against a side who is owned by putins friend, and who is known to donate money to him? I don't know guys. I came here after watching a 7 year old on tele, loose her dad in a Russian attack. Chelsea are funded and owned by a guy who is close to and donates money to putin.

I mean somebody needs to take the first step to put pressure on fa/government so they can force these rich Russians to cut ties with Putin. Maybe that will stop the madness. I am not sure but I feel dirty us playing against them.

If I was a Chelsea fan, I would have cut ties with the club until Roman either condemns Putin or he sells the club.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 670 posts | 87 
      Reply #37: Feb 27, 2022 01:12:05 am
      Shouldn't we refuse to play against a side who is owned by putins friend, and who is known to donate money to him? I don't know guys. I came here after watching a 7 year old on tele, loose her dad in a Russian attack. Chelsea are funded and owned by a guy who is close to and donates money to putin.

I mean somebody needs to take the first step to put pressure on fa/government so they can force these rich Russians to cut ties with Putin. Maybe that will stop the madness. I am not sure but I feel dirty us playing against them.

If I was a Chelsea fan, I would have cut ties with the club until Roman either condemns Putin or he sells the club.
      Very good point, it will feel awkward tomorrow for the Chelsea fans or club in general when everyone shows their support for Ukraine and whatever words anyone wants against Russia. This also may explain the timing of Roman Abramovich's actions. After all the same sort of source that is now funding the attack on Ukraine funded Chelsea's 16 years of success.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #38: Feb 27, 2022 01:20:54 am
      Shouldn't we refuse to play against a side who is owned by putins friend, and who is known to donate money to him?

Nah, let's smash them instead. Less glory and money for them.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39: Feb 27, 2022 02:52:17 am

Why should we back out of a great accomplishment because the owner of the other team keeps bad company?

If the football world wants to enact higher standards over who can own a team or whatever, that's fine. But these players (and their support) have earned the opportunity to finish a great run here.  By rule this would be a forfeit for us and a Cup win for Chelsea. The only one who would get punished by us backing out of the game would be us.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #40: Feb 27, 2022 03:33:58 am
      Can't F***ing wait now!

Not long to go

Jota back in the squad, let's get this done Boyz! Bring it Home.
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Reply #41: Feb 27, 2022 04:09:02 am
      Yeah, lets win it for the 9th time and get one ahead of Citeh  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42: Feb 27, 2022 05:22:17 am
      We thinking CB's are VVD and Konate for this or stick with Joel and Big Virg?

I'm thinking Jürgen goes with Konate.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,693 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #43: Feb 27, 2022 05:54:34 am
      We need to beat these terrorists. We have the whole world against their owner. We need this so much.

Ynwa Ukraine 🇺🇦
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #44: Feb 27, 2022 07:18:02 am
      Getting the coach in an hour & will be straight on the cans. Can't wait 🍻

Got a feeling we might do them by a decent margin today. Just think all of the Abramovich stuff which came out last night may throw them off a bit. We'll certainly be in a better frame of mind, we're in better form and we're probably much fitter and better prepared. Be gutted for Jota if he's unable to start and play a big part as he's contributed so much to this cup run and is yet to win a major trophy in his career (I don't even think he's played in a major final). That being said Diaz has shown in the last few matches that he's more than capable of occupying a place in the front three.

Going to go 4-1 Liverpool. Up the reds!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #45: Feb 27, 2022 07:50:17 am
      Cannot wait for this game.

Days like today is what it's all about.

Quick Reply