Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      70 (67.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      9 (8.7%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      23 (22.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Voting closed: Mar 03, 2022 07:28:13 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Chelsea (11-10 pens): In game and Trophy lifting discussion

Read 18810 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Chelsea (11-10 pens): In game and Trophy lifting discussion
      Reply #851: Feb 28, 2022 12:10:41 pm
      Great day at Wembley yesterday. However, completely could have been ruined by the anit-social, woke behaviour of Wembley, the pubs and the organisation at the stadium itself. Queues an hour long to get into Weatherspoons, 1 in 1 out policy. No drinks allowed on wembley way.

It defies belief, how bad the organisation is, the kids behind the bars had no management at all.

And don't get me started on the DJ in the ground drowning our supporters songs, what the F**k was that all about.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #852: Feb 28, 2022 12:17:52 pm
      Great day at Wembley yesterday. However, completely could have been ruined by the anit-social, woke behaviour of Wembley, the pubs and the organisation at the stadium itself. Queues an hour long to get into Weatherspoons, 1 in 1 out policy. No drinks allowed on wembley way.

It defies belief, how bad the organisation is, the kids behind the bars had no management at all.

And don't get me started on the DJ in the ground drowning our supporters songs, what the f**k was that all about.

A lot of it was reaction to what happened last summer - the attempt to create a false atmosphere was horrific
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #853: Feb 28, 2022 12:27:14 pm

And don't get me started on the DJ in the ground drowning our supporters songs, what the f**k was that all about.

Aye, the DJ was sound! He played F**k the Tories & the Wijnaldum song during the intervals in extra time.

Fully agree with you on all the drinking stuff though. Coach was running late so we didn't get there til just after 3. Only real option for us if we wanted to make it in for KO was to have a few cans on a nearby street as I imagine the bars would have been horrific and even heard a few whispers they were going to be stopping serving an hour or so before KO. Anyway the cans swiftly got taken off of us by the bizzes. This is after having to smuggle beers on to the bus and slyly drink them at the back due to National Expresses no alcohol policy 😂 It's as though all of the authorities collude to try and make the day as difficult as possible for people to enjoy. Can't argue with the result though, so top day out all things considered
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #854: Feb 28, 2022 01:34:45 pm

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #855: Feb 28, 2022 02:03:11 pm
      I think you will find it is the 'minor cups' that help United out.

The big two? (English Champions/European Champions)

Liverpool 25
      United 23

If you also want to include FA Cup/League Cup/UEFA Cup/Euro Cup Winners Cup

Liverpool 46
      United 43

If you want to include the Super Cups (FIFA/UEFA/FA)

Liverpool 66
      United 66

Obviously its down to a person preference i suppose.
      I've always classed Premier League - Champions League - Europa League - FA Cup as the main ones i love to win and in that order,  the others are a bonus but not classed as majors in my eyes. I know many now don't class the FA Cup as a major, each to there own though.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #856: Feb 28, 2022 02:04:21 pm
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #857: Feb 28, 2022 02:08:05 pm
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #858: Feb 28, 2022 02:28:47 pm
      I've always classed Premier League - Champions League - Europa League - FA Cup as the main ones i love to win and in that order,  the others are a bonus but not classed as majors in my eyes.

By always, you mean since about 7PM yesterday evening?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #859: Feb 28, 2022 02:52:28 pm
      By always, you mean since about 7PM yesterday evening?

Very good  ;D but no  :lmao:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #860: Feb 28, 2022 04:26:51 pm
      Did not manage to post last night, after such a tense game. Plus a beer too many ! Obviously keeper Kellerher MotM for his heroics, plus his winning penalty. A special mention for Diaz, who has fitted into the side so well. He looks as if he would run through a brick wall, to help the team out !
      Did not realise Thiago had a late injury, he looked devastated having to sit the game out.

It is great to win a trophy so early in the season, with hopefully more silverware to come, finally well done Jürgen Klopp, for winning his first domestic cup.
      « Last Edit: Feb 28, 2022 04:41:50 pm by David Wright »
      Stoertebembel
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 294 posts | 66 
      Reply #861: Feb 28, 2022 04:39:32 pm
      Did not manage to post last night, after such a tense game. Plus a beer too many ! Obviously keeper Kellerher MotM for his heroics, plus his winning penalty. A special mention for Diaz, who has fitted into the side so well. He looks as if he would run through a brick wall, to help the team out !
      Did not realise Thiago had a late injury, he looked devastated having to sit the game out.

It is great to win a trophy so early in the season, with hopefully more silverware to come, finally well done Jürgen Klopp, for winning his first domestic cup.

It is not his first domestic cup. He had won the DFB-Pokal with BVB 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0niEbLxGTM
      « Last Edit: Feb 28, 2022 04:45:11 pm by Stoertebembel »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,114 posts | 2131 
      Reply #862: Feb 28, 2022 04:42:16 pm

Who the F**k do you think we are Keith? Man City??!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #863: Feb 28, 2022 04:46:04 pm
      Who the f**k do you think we are Keith? Man City??!

:lmao:
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #864: Feb 28, 2022 05:06:19 pm
      It is not his first domestic cup. He had won the DFB-Pokal with BVB 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0niEbLxGTM

Pretty sure he meant with us.

Forget what year it was, but in the early 2010s that Dortmund team was amazing when he had Lewa, Gotze, Reus, Blasz, Gundogan, Schmelzer, Hummels, Pisczek, etc. What a team.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #865: Feb 28, 2022 05:13:06 pm
      Are we now the most successful British club..?

English club yes.

The ranguurs\sevco in scotland still claim to be most successful british club with 55 league titles, and loads of cups etc.

I always prefer when someone looks at this with a points system.

eg. something like this....

5 for league titles (Hardest leagues)
      4 for league titles (rest of leagues)
      4 for European cup
      3 for Europa Cup
      2 for super \ world cups
      2 for FA cup
      2 for league cup
      1 for charity shield

or something like that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #866: Feb 28, 2022 05:52:46 pm
      Are we now the most successful British club..?

At least 3 ahead now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #867: Feb 28, 2022 05:54:52 pm
      Kelleher and Diaz were immense. I would have replaced Salah rather Mane but who am I.

What a result :)

Agree with that completely, had a bit of an off game. I imagine he was kept on for pens.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #868: Feb 28, 2022 05:58:25 pm

And don't get me started on the DJ in the ground drowning our supporters songs, what the F**k was that all about.

Reaction to the arsehole England fans last summer.

Still say Wembley the area around the ground is F***ing grim compared to what it used to be like at Cardiff.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #869: Feb 28, 2022 06:20:26 pm
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #870: Feb 28, 2022 06:30:40 pm
      Thought I was going to watch the full game back on NowTV but they've only got an extended highlight version condensed into about 35 minutes. What a load of sh*te. Glad I've paid my last direct debit to those clowns
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #871: Feb 28, 2022 06:47:52 pm
      Great win very close game Kepa got what he deserved, 1 down 3 to go come on
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,114 posts | 2131 
      Reply #872: Feb 28, 2022 06:48:04 pm

Still say Wembley the area around the ground is f**king grim compared to what it used to be like at Cardiff.

I went up to Wembley before kick off to meet family and friends who were down for the game. Seriously, the place was a corporate, soulless concrete shithole, an anomaly amongst the community. Any spare inch given to flat development and such. The saddest thing is the complete absence of any recognition or idea that an iconic venue once host to some great moments (like the 65 Cup Final  ;)) had once stood there. It must be a million miles away from what it once was.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #873: Feb 28, 2022 06:51:47 pm

Still say Wembley the area around the ground is f**king grim compared to what it used to be like at Cardiff.

Getting better though - so many expensive flats around that way now.

But yeah Wembley isn’t the best area.

Quick Reply