Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Predictions v Bolton?

Reds smash Bolton apart (Win)
      49 (100%)
      Disappointment (A draw)
      0 (0%)
      Oh my good god! (Lose)
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: Dec 02, 2007 11:32:43 pm

Liverpool vs Bolton Wanderers (Premiership)

Read 19357 times
      abdulsparkle
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts | -9 
      • Rush us back to the 80s!
      Re: Liverpool vs Bolton Wanderers (Pre - Match Thread)
      Reply #115: Dec 02, 2007 04:55:18 pm
      carragher's been checked out...in the clear. great news
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #116: Dec 02, 2007 04:55:48 pm
      That boy Torres! he is true value for money! Good player!  ;D  ;D
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #117: Dec 02, 2007 04:56:51 pm
      Unfortunately Arse-anal got their win too...that really pisses me off...why can't our toughest oppontents give up some points once in a while....

But good win anyway....

GO POOL GO !!!
      lizzieroz
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      Reply #118: Dec 02, 2007 04:59:37 pm
      Another good result, we now have +20 goal difference, same as the ar$e, could be important come the end of the season!!!

:scarf:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #119: Dec 02, 2007 05:12:58 pm
      That boy Torres! he is true value for money! Good player!  ;D  ;D

a brilliant finisher!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #120: Dec 02, 2007 05:27:09 pm
      I couldn't get to see the game today, though from listening it sounds like our 'bad' spell is well and truly over. I never thought it was as bad as people were making out, but going by previous years we have had our traditional slow start now & have hit top gear. Arsenal will slip up at some point this season, if we're still 6 points away when the do we can win the league.

I notice the subject of rotation hasn't cropped up now we're winning, it would be interesting to see how many changes Rafa has made.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #121: Dec 02, 2007 05:33:13 pm
      best performance so far this season outsanding. But you will get the same crap from the pundits on sky, like well Bolton were poor or Bolton didnt do this or do that and lets take everything away from the performance we can and be as negative as we can about anything Liverpool do.

No matter what they say we totally outclassed the opposition, it was supberb
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #122: Dec 02, 2007 06:00:56 pm
      Get in!!! I missed the game myself today and could only hear some of the first half on the radio. Head was severely battered! But I'm absolutely chuffed with that win today. Well in you mighty reds!! Sounds like we by far the best team and rightly so.
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #123: Dec 02, 2007 06:58:09 pm
      I couldn't get to see the game today, though from listening it sounds like our 'bad' spell is well and truly over. I never thought it was as bad as people were making out, but going by previous years we have had our traditional slow start now & have hit top gear. Arsenal will slip up at some point this season, if we're still 6 points away when the do we can win the league.

I notice the subject of rotation hasn't cropped up now we're winning, it would be interesting to see how many changes Rafa has made.

We out-classed and out-played Bolton. Save for occasional slip-ups tha were few and far between, it was like Bolton was not there. Torres IMO is the best striker in the Premiership. We ended up scoring for goals, we could have made it 8 goals. Oft refer to as dangerous Anelka, was a no-show.

The thing is, I am so sure we can beat any of the others scums with the margin we have been doling out of recent. Rafa Benitez played Crouch and Lucas for 90 minutes. Subbed Kewell, Torres and Carragher (injury; clean bill). That man deserves respect, however unpredictable he might be. He knows what he is doing.

« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2007 07:32:41 pm by solodee »
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #124: Dec 02, 2007 07:02:08 pm
      best performance so far this season outsanding. But you will get the same crap from the pundits on sky, like well Bolton were poor or Bolton didnt do this or do that and lets take everything away from the performance we can and be as negative as we can about anything Liverpool do.

No matter what they say we totally outclassed the opposition, it was supberb

Dont these Sky people have a call-in program where people can let them know they're narrow-minded jackasses?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #125: Dec 02, 2007 07:05:58 pm
      does anyone else think that Torres was got at a bargain price? I do. Hes lighting quick strong in the air actually strong all round he takes everything thats thrown at him. Hes aware of players around him i.e hes not overly selfish. And of course most important of all hes lethal in front of goal. Awesome

Gerrard was near perfection today what a ball for Torres goal. He was everywhere today putting tackles in. When hes in that form nobody comes near him.

Any word on Carra? I imagine he went off with an injury from the clash with Pepe. I think thats the third time hes collided with one of his own men this season. Is he not calling or are the lads ignoring his call either way needs to be sorted

Overall we were very comfy today and for me the best thing is we arent even near our best yet. Nice to see Hobbs come in and do well also.

we are moving along nicely people
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #126: Dec 02, 2007 07:16:11 pm
      best performance so far this season outsanding.

i wouldn't say that was our best performance this season but it was a great one nonetheless.
      Gerrard and Lucas were fantastic in the center,Kewell is showing signs of the class he has.Babel looked menacing after he came on.
      Even Riise had a decent game :P

And there is nothing i can say about Torres that hasnt been said already.That guy is pure class.

Only disappointment was seeing Carra go off....hope its not too serious.
      First time i really saw Hobbs in action.I definitely believe he has what it takes to succeed in the Premiership.

If we keep playing like this we wouldnt have to worry about our last CL game,but its the game after that that is really going to be crucial.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #127: Dec 02, 2007 07:37:29 pm

great game from the whole team.    IMO apart from the usual gerrard class and the outstanding torres .. LUCAS played a great game too and even hobbs when he came in for jamie ,( who was substituted for precaution after a rib  blow.)he had a good 40 mins
        and rafa said  we can get even better when agger,alonso,pennant,finnen,and aurelio come fit
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #128: Dec 02, 2007 07:51:29 pm
      Just got back from Dubliners pub in Madrid where the Torres supporters gather.

What a great game.

Torres on fire, could have had a hat-trick. Sublime... together with Crouchy looks a handfull for any defence on the planet!

The whole team performed well, and Arbeloa was very impressive indeed in Steve Finnan's position - the man can do no wrong.

Anelka's open goal miss was absolutely priceless...

Again the weakest link was JAR, who has basically cracked and should be sold in January to save his own career, he is finding the pressure to perform way too much - he is a better player than that, but his own mind is his worst on enemy...

My ranking from today as follows:

Reina 7/10 - impressive in the air versus the likes of "dirty" Davies - mix-up with Carra regretable.

Arbeloa 9/10 - Joint MoM today the lad was world class in all aspects, defending and offensive play superb
      Carra - 7/10 - solid again... and again
      Hyypia - 8/10 - Mr Realiable and very fit
      JAR - 4/10 - read comments above... actually felt for him, way below the rest of the team

Kewell - 8/10 - had them rattled the entire time
      Lucas - 7/10 - better performance - can do better
      Gerrard - 8/10 - he is back and looks like he has loads in his tank
      Yossi - 8/10 - had a great game, is back

Torres - 9/10 - Joint MoM - wanted the ball, looked like scoring every time, pace and strength to die for
      Crouch - 8/10 - impressive, they couldn't handle the guy

Subs:
      Babel - 8/10 - one day soon this lad WILL score the goal of the season - glimpses of offensive genius
      Kuyt - 7/10 - good pace, not enough time to really impress, hungry
      Hobbs - 7/10 - didn't look out of his depth at all, but game was won by time he came on for JC

Lost count of how many goals we have scored recently - but we could have had double the amount - looking like the BEST TEAM IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE at the moment - and long may it last.

I.R.W.T.

Y.N.W.A.

« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2007 07:53:47 pm by donrafael »
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #129: Dec 02, 2007 08:07:19 pm
      get in there £34 quid putting 1 puond on was quality hope ya have a good evening

MsGerrard
      Reply #130: Dec 02, 2007 08:09:24 pm
      Well Done Liverpool. :kop5cf8koxp6:

21 goals in 5 games and only 1 conceded.....not bad is it?

This is the stuff that Champions are made of and Rafa the Gaffa said were not playing that well at the moment...wow what will we be like when we get Agger and Alonso back.....will they get back in the team??
      By all accounts Hobbs did a very good job for Jamie, who is OK by the way.

Nice to see the lads sticking the ball in the back of the net so easily, and not sitting on just a one goal, this could be so important at the end of the season, after all if Anelka had put that easy shot away to make it 1-1, it could have been a different story, think even I could have scored that with me eyes closed...........mind you with the way Liverpool are playing at the moment, I don't think anyone can live with us............bring on Marseille and the scum....were ready to batter you.

Who needs new players? :f_tongueincheek:.........yanks stick your money where the sun don't shine :lmao:
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #131: Dec 02, 2007 08:23:58 pm
      Got back a couple of hours ago.
      Firstly - Thank You smiggs, for the FA Cup draw update.

The match, well to be honest it was a stroll. Played in bitterly cold conditions, and at times downpours.
      The atmosphere was poor, but no where near as poor as Boltons support - to say they are a local Premier side, that following is just piss poor.

The match.
      Well, a great first half goal for the evergreen Hyypia. A worked on free kick found his head and the ball ends up in the Kops bottom corner of the net.
      I've really got to say, Hyppia is a rock at times. He has come back into the side, and hardly let us down.
      He is getting better and better, the more games he's playing - and was a great teacher to young Hobbs when he came on.

Bolton should of scored an equaliser. A mix up between Reina & Carragher gave Anelka (who apart from this miss did impress again) an open goal - which unbelievably he missed.
      Diouf, horrible horrible player, did his best to put an end to Arbeloa's game, was furtunate just to get a yellow in my book.

The second goal was Torrres at his best. Ran at the defence and scored with ease.
      This lad is getting better and better the more he plays, Total footballer in my opinion.

The third goal, came in the second half, Crouch fouled in the box, and Gerrard does the honours with ease from the spot.

Babel added a fourth with an easy strike, but should of made it 5 with an easy chance from a sublime move.

Today, no player can be faulted.
      People may want to have a go at Riise again, but he was solid in defence and another clean sheet was the result.

Hobbs, very assured debut. Came on for Carragher, and gave out orders as if he was Carra. Very Impressed.
      Lucas, neat and tidy. Nothing special, passed mainly to Gerrard, but that will give him confidence.

Man of the match - difficult this one, but I think Arbeloa.
      He ran his socks off, got injured in a tackle with over 10 mins to play, and still was a driving force down the left.

A little tip for you all.
      Not that it's a Premier secret, but watching Anelka's body language after the 4th goal - he is leaving Bolton big time.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Liverpool vs Bolton Wanderers (Premiership)
      Reply #132: Dec 02, 2007 08:28:31 pm
      No probs Tommo. hope you enjoyed your Bovril  ;) :D :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #133: Dec 02, 2007 08:31:28 pm
      mrtommo how bad was the atmosphere? On telly it seemed that the majority of the crowd only sung when we scored. Obviously there was the usual songs could be picked up on teh telly but it sounded like it was the minority singing them. Cant get me head around this
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #134: Dec 02, 2007 08:32:09 pm
      No probs Tommo. hope you enjoyed your Bovril  ;) :D :D

Bovril was lovely in that weather  ;)
      Just managed to take off all my gear, that jesters hat was well worth the money  :lmao:
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #135: Dec 02, 2007 08:35:49 pm
      mrtommo how bad was the atmosphere? On telly it seemed that the majority of the crowd only sung when we scored. Obviously there was the usual songs could be picked up on teh telly but it sounded like it was the minority singing them. Cant get me head around this

Piss poor mate.
      Like you said, only really sang when we scored.
      Think there were the usual trying there best to get the songs out, but it seemed nobody was interested.

Doesn't help (not an excuse), that Bolton's support was the worst so far at Anfield, but it seems we need BIG games to get the crowd going.
      At least we are winning even with piss poor atmosphere.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #136: Dec 02, 2007 08:42:10 pm
      I really believed that those lucky enough to get to our games no matter who the oppo is would at least sing and shout if we played good football. Come on were playing good football now and think weve scored 25 goals in the last 5 or 6 games and still they wont. Anyway as you say the boys are doing the business without the atmosphere being what it should

Sorry if ive gone off topic a bit
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #137: Dec 02, 2007 08:43:32 pm
      Must admit Brian, it was bitterly cold and wet today.
      Not an excuse, but maybe a reason for the poor atmosphere.

Quick Reply