Trending Topics

Next match: Lyon v LFC [Friendly] Sun 11th Dec @ 2:00 pm
      Al Makhtoum Stadium

Today is the 8th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W10 D2 L8

Handball Rule

Read 517 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,966 posts | 480 
      Handball Rule
      Mar 10, 2022 01:51:35 am
      I think this is something that needs to change.

Seeing defenders run with their hands behind their back is actually putting them at a disadvantage. Let alone embarrassing.

I don't think there was an issue with a plethora of handball issues plaguing the football world where fans and players alike were clamoring for a rule change. In fact, I think a lot of unwarranted handballs are being given an causing more confusion.

Am I the only one here?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 36,723 posts | 6999 
      Re: Handball Rule
      Reply #1: Mar 10, 2022 11:07:19 am
      I think this is something that needs to change.

Seeing defenders run with their hands behind their back is actually putting them at a disadvantage. Let alone embarrassing.

I don't think there was an issue with a plethora of handball issues plaguing the football world where fans and players alike were clamoring for a rule change. In fact, I think a lot of unwarranted handballs are being given an causing more confusion.

Am I the only one here?

The refs, VAR etc need to remember what constitutes ball to hand.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,966 posts | 480 
      Reply #2: Mar 10, 2022 02:17:50 pm
      The refs, VAR etc need to remember what constitutes ball to hand.

Far. But i feel like now we've all be taught that any time the ball strikes a hand it's worth a shout. The rule needs to be more clear ASAP. As it may ruin an entire season
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Mar 10, 2022 02:27:59 pm
      wear a long sleeve jersey right down past the hand and you cant handball it with the sleeve rule
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 43,855 posts | 5692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Mar 11, 2022 10:19:48 am
      The rules around handball could change, but lets face it, it won't make the slightest bit of difference. The standard of officiating in the Premier League over the last few seasons has been nothing short of a complete shambles. Right now I'd say the English officials are right up there with the worst. VAR was supposed to make the game better and make the job easier for the officials but all it's done is highlight just how bad they actually are. The inconsistencies are shocking. So we can change the handball rule, you could get rid of the handball rule entirely and they would still make a mess of it.

Quick Reply