Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

The Title Run-In

Read 4654 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,510 posts | 710 
      Re: The Title Run-In
      Reply #46: Mar 21, 2022 01:36:48 pm
      City have the much easier run in, and are capable of winning or at least not losing 9 in a row.

I think we have a much better chance winning the FA CUP and Champs league.

Always hoping for the best though
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,896 posts | 4967 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #47: Mar 21, 2022 03:18:32 pm
      It looks increasing likely that it will all come down to that game at their gaff, I don’t see either side dropping too many points from here on in, if any, but I’m not ruling it out, we do have the tougher run in but that suits us, we’d rather have it that way, both managers will have their players totally focused on winning the next game, so I guess April the 10th is judgement day,

From our point of view we should hold a two point lead assuming we beat Watford, that could prove a deciding factor, to go there knowing we don’t have to win is psychologically a better position to be in,
       from  their point of view they will need to beat us to regain a 1 point lead, their motivation being that if they do it gives them advantage for the title,

BUT…if we were to win then for me it’s done & dusted…holding a five point lead…or drawing…a three point lead it’s good night Vienna, and we can look forward to the Mother of all parades & Street parties.

Y  N  W  A
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,059 posts | 2745 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #48: Mar 21, 2022 04:39:58 pm
      Too many times over the years have I seen teams drop points on the run in, games considered handy, to take any notice of citys run in being easier, clearly it is, on paper, but it just doesnt work that way

We just need to win our next game, go abovd them and pressure them to get a result in a " handy " fixture. Then we go head to head
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #49: Mar 21, 2022 04:46:44 pm
      It looks increasing likely that it will all come down to that game at their gaff, I don’t see either side dropping too many points from here on in, if any, but I’m not ruling it out, we do have the tougher run in but that suits us, we’d rather have it that way, both managers will have their players totally focused on winning the next game, so I guess April the 10th is judgement day,

From our point of view we should hold a two point lead assuming we beat Watford, that could prove a deciding factor, to go there knowing we don’t have to win is psychologically a better position to be in,
       from  their point of view they will need to beat us to regain a 1 point lead, their motivation being that if they do it gives them advantage for the title,

BUT…if we were to win then for me it’s done & dusted…holding a five point lead…or drawing…a three point lead it’s good night Vienna, and we can look forward to the Mother of all parades & Street parties.

Y  N  W  A

if we beat Watford we'd be up 1 point but also played 1 more game, so drawing at the Etihad puts us back 1 point behind if they win their game in hand.

Winning at the Etihad would be massive, because it puts us 2 points up (if they were to win their game in hand) and gives us a 1-slip cushion where we can draw 1 game and still be on top from the better GD.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,059 posts | 2745 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #50: Mar 21, 2022 06:35:32 pm
      What are the potential dates for the villa game?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #51: Mar 22, 2022 11:20:19 am
      The thing is this. We're in a very different position today from 2013-2014. Back then we were desperate for the league. Expectations were sky high and we were utterly devastated.

Today, that monkey's off our backs and we have already bagged a couple of major trophies, plus we could bag over 95 points over more than one season. A much better position. We can therefore afford not to be so hard on ourselves. Let's learn to enjoy the journey. If it isn't now, it's never.

Remember the heimy spirit that was possessing us sometime back? When we lose, we're poor - sure. Even when we win we're imperfect. We constantly need better players. There's no room to lose possession. Even letting the opponent have the ball is unacceptable, let alone they have a shot at our goal. What's the point of being a fan then if you're never entertained and happy about the football? Me thinks the spirit was happy seeing all of us upset - that's no longer football but emotional torture.

So just enjoy the journey. We can afford it. Otherwise we end up being a grumpy fan.

I'm with you, but that spirit hasn't been exorcised from this community yet. We're never good enough.
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Reply #52: Mar 26, 2022 12:29:17 pm
      Relaxing weekend this however the squeaky bum time from next weekend for 7 long weeks. Come on you reds, make Citeh snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I would just love it ....

Quick Reply