Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Boot Room Boys

Read 3411 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      The Boot Room Boys
      Mar 23, 2022 02:59:13 pm
      Documentary on the fabled boot room on Bt Sport.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheFarm_Peter/status/1506287918867963907
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1559 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Re: The Boot Room Boys
      Reply #1: Mar 23, 2022 03:20:21 pm

Been looking forward very much to this, 5th April, Tuesday...but that's when we play Benfica.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2: Mar 23, 2022 04:27:02 pm
      Been looking forward very much to this, 5th April, Tuesday...but that's when we play Benfica.

First showing will be after the game most likely
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #3: Mar 23, 2022 04:28:23 pm

Surely it won't be at the same time as the game? That would be incommensurably stupid from BT... (so, I guess it's entirely possible) :D

Should be worth a watch.

I can't help but see similarities between the original boot room and the way Jürgen operates with his staff.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1559 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #4: Mar 23, 2022 04:52:38 pm
      First showing will be after the game most likely

Hopefully not, by the time the games ends, it'll be quite late, unless it's on another BT sport channel, in which case I'll have to record it.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1559 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #5: Mar 23, 2022 04:57:25 pm
      Surely it won't be at the same time as the game? That would be incommensurably stupid from BT... (so, I guess it's entirely possible) :D

Should be worth a watch.

I can't help but see similarities between the original boot room and the way Jürgen operates with his staff.

Seems a bit odd putting it on the same night as our Champions League game, but like you say that would be rather stupid but who knows with BT Sport.

I can just see Jürgen there with Bill, Bob, Rueben, Roy and Ronnie all having a beer after the game, huddled up discussing tactics  ;D He'd of fitted in well with them.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #6: Mar 23, 2022 06:19:25 pm

You won’t miss it Cass, it’ll probably be on YouTube anyway ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7: Mar 23, 2022 06:21:10 pm
      wonder if they have footage of Sir Bob building the dugouts and sorting the toilets out. I can't help but feel Jürgen would be right at home with the boot room boys and would have been awe struck with Shanks like we still are
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #8: Mar 23, 2022 09:47:25 pm
      Instrumental to Liverpool's great success !
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1559 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #9: Mar 23, 2022 10:17:21 pm

You won’t miss it Cass, it’ll probably be on YouTube anyway ?

I certainly won't miss it Billy as I'll be recording it if it's on the same time as the match :D
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1559 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #10: Apr 05, 2022 05:42:34 pm
      This is on tonight BT sport after the match has finished at 10.30 pm.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #11: Apr 05, 2022 07:46:39 pm
      This is on tonight BT sport after the match has finished at 10.30 pm.

Yes Cass, two minds think alike, I was just about to post a similar reminder, looking forward to this and reminiscing of the good old days, just to hear those oracles talk football will be a absolute privilege.

Y  N  W  A
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #12: Apr 05, 2022 07:55:26 pm

Yes Cass, two minds think alike, I was just about to post a similar reminder, looking forward to this and reminiscing of the good old days, just to hear those oracles talk football will be a absolute privilege.

Y  N  W  A

nice too that the new generation are enjoying the good times which can be their good old days in time.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1559 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #13: Apr 06, 2022 12:20:58 am

Y  N  W  A

You missed the word GREAT out there Billy in between two and minds  :lmao:

I wasn't going to watch it tonight but I couldn't resist, I had tears of joy and tears of sadness....oh those memories, they brought back so much emotion, absolutely loved it. I am so happy that I was able to witness  that with my own eyes and to experience those moments like being in Rome for that first European Cup final, I will take those moments to the grave with me.
      I'm so happy that Jürgen has his own Boot Room.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #14: Apr 06, 2022 01:35:21 am
      You missed the word GREAT out there Billy in between two and minds  :lmao:

I wasn't going to watch it tonight but I couldn't resist, I had tears of joy and tears of sadness....oh those memories, they brought back so much emotion, absolutely loved it. I am so happy that I was able to witness  that with my own eyes and to experience those moments like being in Rome for that first European Cup final, I will take those moments to the grave with me.
      I'm so happy that Jürgen has his own Boot Room.

It was truly fantastic Cass, what a brilliant and beautiful documentary by Peter Hooton, I didn’t realise it was from his book, my bad, I have to read that book, because there will be snippets not shown in the film, I will need to watch it again just to soak in all that knowledge, my only wish was to have my lad with me to watch it, he’s a Red of course but he’s not as steeped in LFC as I am, it wouldn’t have meant a lot to me sharing that with him, the wee sh*te, I tried to learn him some of our history but he was too young then to absorb, anyhoo, what a privilege, and like you said memories you have forever.

God bless you Cass X     YNWA

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #15: Apr 06, 2022 02:59:26 pm
      Just watched this with my dad , he’s no longer able to go to games , but sitting here watching this with him I have to admit put a lump in my throat , sitting there watching brilliant clips of games and dad saying we was at that game , oh we was at that one as well , makes me super chuffed and sad at the same time , now we can no longer go together .
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #16: Apr 06, 2022 06:13:32 pm
      Just watched this with my dad , he’s no longer able to go to games , but sitting here watching this with him I have to admit put a lump in my throat , sitting there watching brilliant clips of games and dad saying we was at that game , oh we was at that one as well , makes me super chuffed and sad at the same time , now we can no longer go together .
      Can really relate to that Andy,just finished watching it with our kid & our own dad and he was made up  especially seeing one of his many hero’s Willie Stevo & even at 89 He can still recall games  ,players & the score line he went To with his own dad & brothers  absolute gold dust that.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #17: Apr 06, 2022 06:23:40 pm
      Loved it, poor old alan Kennedy still getting loads of stick
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1559 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #18: Apr 06, 2022 10:21:17 pm

It was truly fantastic Cass, what a brilliant and beautiful documentary by Peter Hooton, I didn’t realise it was from his book, my bad, I have to read that book, because there will be snippets not shown in the film, I will need to watch it again just to soak in all that knowledge, my only wish was to have my lad with me to watch it, he’s a Red of course but he’s not as steeped in LFC as I am, it wouldn’t have meant a lot to me sharing that with him, the wee sh*te, I tried to learn him some of our history but he was too young then to absorb, anyhoo, what a privilege, and like you said memories you have forever.

God bless you Cass X     YNWA

I would loved to have watched that with you Billy, someone who lived through those times like me it meant so much to so many of us, I recorded it to watch again and again, Peter Hooton was spot on as presenter, sat next to him once at a Champions league game, top fella.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #19: Apr 06, 2022 10:44:28 pm
      Recorded tonight, will watch as soon as I can.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #20: Apr 10, 2022 07:45:36 pm
      Watched it before the game. Fantastic film well done Peter Hooton.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #21: Apr 11, 2022 01:28:46 am
      What a fella he was, this is probably my favourite Shankly bit - backing the working class football supporters against the uppity TV luvvies

https://twitter.com/TransalpinoO/status/1354388053553537029?t=w73kNe9C2jdiMdRIdR7E_Q&s=19

I absolutely envy anyone who was able to support Liverpool when this man was at the helm. The adulation those supporters must have had for the man
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #22: Apr 11, 2022 08:06:13 am
      What a fella he was, this is probably my favourite Shankly bit - backing the working class football supporters against the uppity TV luvvies

https://twitter.com/TransalpinoO/status/1354388053553537029?t=w73kNe9C2jdiMdRIdR7E_Q&s=19

I absolutely envy anyone who was able to support Liverpool when this man was at the helm. The adulation those supporters must have had for the man

Mate my Grandpa was exactly the same as Shanks, as a kid I used to be scared of him and how he spoke, but as I got older I realised what a man he was, sadly he passed before I got to know him as a adult but what a man, hard as nails, forthright, honest and passionate about his beliefs, now here’s the rub, Shanks was born in Glenbuck, a stones throw from where I was brought up, so folk in those parts were of a similar mind, we knew what side our bread was buttered that’s for sure, Close knit communities all helped each other out, it was a fantastic place to live and grow, and learn to be a half decent human being.

Y  N  W  A

Quick Reply