Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool Vs Watford, Saturday 2nd April, KO 12:30

Read 3543 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool Vs Watford, Saturday 2nd April, KO 12:30
      Mar 31, 2022 12:01:50 pm
      Can’t believe there was no thread. Anyone else counting down the hours?
      « Last Edit: Mar 31, 2022 03:36:06 pm by JD »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Liverpool Vs Watford, Saturday 2nd April, KO 12:30
      Reply #1: Mar 31, 2022 12:15:42 pm
      Can’t believe there was no thread. Anyone else counting down the hours?

First day I've come looking for it so you're timing is perfect.

Hope the team is eager for it, and that Mo and Sadio are mentally and physically fit to step back into a title run.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #2: Mar 31, 2022 12:53:01 pm
      First day I've come looking for it so you're timing is perfect.

Hope the team is eager for it, and that Mo and Sadio are mentally and physically fit to step back into a title run.
      Think it will be a much changed side so wonder if both will start. I really have no idea how we’ll line up in this game.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Mar 31, 2022 12:56:36 pm
      Right then, here we go...Buckle up. Every game from now is a final. We take Watford gor granted at our peril..

Every man woman and child in the ground need to be on it like a European 2nd leg semi final and no excuse for the early kick off, stupid fooking excuse for a sh*te atmosphere, only people who might suffer are the south American lads.

Ali

Trent VVD Joel Robbo

Hendo Thiago Fab

Mo  Bobby  Mane

Top by 14.20 and pressure on city
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 763 
      Reply #4: Mar 31, 2022 01:44:29 pm
      A comfortable win over Watford, especially as Mr. Woy managing t*e Londoners !
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5: Mar 31, 2022 02:56:14 pm
      Going to a be difficult game but we have enough to oversee them..

Hopefully 3 points after a 3-1 win to the Redmen..

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool Vs Watford, Saturday 2nd April, KO 12:30
      Reply #6: Mar 31, 2022 03:36:37 pm
      Top of the league by 3pm.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #7: Mar 31, 2022 05:16:17 pm
      Hopefully still top by 5pm.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,244 posts | 1652 
      Reply #8: Mar 31, 2022 06:40:26 pm
      Gomez to fill in for Trent for this one . Hopefully all rest fit and present
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #9: Mar 31, 2022 10:22:57 pm
      Can’t underestimate these. All it takes is a wild shot and a deflection and we could be behind.
      Got to be on it 100% start to finish.
      Strongest 11 available and a 4:0 win
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #10: Mar 31, 2022 10:36:32 pm
      Full strength

Alisson

Robertson
      Matip
      VVD
      Gomez

Thiago
      Fabinho
      Henderson

Mane
      Jota
      Salah
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Apr 01, 2022 09:17:20 am
      Another one of those kick off times that will either ruin the weekened or get it off to a good start knowing our job is done for another week.

Alisson, Gomez, Virgil, Konate, Robbo, Fab, Thiago, Elliott, Mo, Bobby, Jota.

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #12: Apr 01, 2022 10:04:59 am
      Another one of those kick off times that will either ruin the weekened or get it off to a good start knowing our job is done for another week.

Agree with that for the most part although I wonder if Henderson starts ahead of Fabinho.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #13: Apr 01, 2022 10:33:30 am

Our home form is insane and I’m sure the lads will be up for it.

Hopefully an early goal to calm the nerves. That Dennis for them is a tricky player.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14: Apr 01, 2022 10:44:55 am
      Agree with that for the most part although I wonder if Henderson starts ahead of Fabinho.

Something I did wonder with them both having been away on International duty but I opted for Fab because of his partnership with Thiago and getting the rhytm back between those 2 with City on the horizon.

That Dennis for them is a tricky player.

If he's on his game, he's a real handful. Card magnet though, wouldn't be shocked if he picked up a booking.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #15: Apr 01, 2022 10:57:54 am
      Early kick off after the break is an awful time so I expect us to take time to get back up to speed. Its hard to imagine their manager once stood in our dugout it makes you cringe just to think about that.
      I dont care how a win of any description is all that is required.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,244 posts | 1652 
      Reply #16: Apr 01, 2022 11:44:27 am
      Ali
      Gomez
      VVD
      Matip
      Robbo
      Thiago
      Fab
      Keita
      Jota
      Salah
      Mane
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #17: Apr 01, 2022 12:35:41 pm
      With Benfica away and Citeh away after this game I wonder if Klopp play a couple squad player.

---------------------Alisson-----------------
      Gomez------Matip----VvD------Robbo
      ---------Jones----Hendo---Thigao---
      -----Salah---------Firmino-------Mane--

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #18: Apr 01, 2022 02:01:41 pm
      Full strength

Alisson

Robertson
      Matip
      VVD
      Gomez

Thiago
      Fabinho
      Henderson

Mane
      Jota
      Salah

may depend on how some of the International lads have trained since they come back.

Id expect Bobbi to start this for sure.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #19: Apr 01, 2022 02:32:42 pm
      Hope all of our lads are back fit & well after the international bollocks, cos we’re gonna need every single one of them, well this is it my pedigree chums this is crunch time, thee most pivotal part of this season’s campaign, starting with Watford we have basically got 8 cup finals on the bounce, Watford,Benfica, City, Benfica, City, Mutants, Arse, Newcastle, Blueshite , Villa, that’s a tough gig in anybody’s book but when you are hunting down three major  honours in the very month of April then you know that your very likely to bag at least two of them, and we all know which two don’t we ?

When you sit back and consider what is actually possible with this side it really really is very scary, especially if your a wee Mutant grovelling at the mediocre table, Ratboy has a point, take our Five at the back, Alisson, Trent, Joel, Virgil & Robbo, arguably the best defence in the league or at the very least it’s up there, then you have the Five possible’s up top in, Mo, Mane ,Bobby, Jota, Diaz, pretty formidable no ? Then you have the backing, in a midfield three that has intelligence, strength, power, guile, experience tenacity, throw it altogether and you back those up with a strong bench with little or no disruption and the outcome is a squad of players capable of winning everything and anything they set their minds to,

It is my belief that we will now start to see us dominate both domestically and in Europe, I’m thinking Jürgen likes the idea of building the ultimate club side, and he’s not far off right at this moment, maybe one or two clever signings away, who knows, and I don’t think he’ll walk away until he feels he’s achieved that, and why I think he will extend, anyhoo getting back to Saturday, does anyone honestly believe that Watford will be anything other than, Just another hurdle, on paper it could get embarrassing but then it’s the dreaded early KO, and certainly doesn’t suit us, so could the wily old fox Hodgeson  raid our coup and leave us scrambling for the title ? NAH don’t see that at all,

Allison
                           Gomez   Matip  Virgil   Robbo
                                Hendo.            Fabinho
                                            Thiago
                                Salah.                  Diaz
                                             Mane

Gonna see lots of rotation particularly the top five,  tomorrow I’m going with Mo, Mane & Diaz, against Benfica it could be that Bobby or Jota start, probably with Mo & Mane, the luxury of having  the ultimate attack and any combination thereof, with Fab Hendo & Thiago in midfield our strongest three I believe, and of course the welcoming party at the back minus Trent, not going to risk him against Watford, probably get a 10-20 run out late on, if he comes through that, he starts V Benfica, Joe to play in his stead getting more game time and more up to speed.

Bench; Kelleher, Milner, Konate,Kostas,Jones,Bobby,Jota,Minamino,Ox,Riesback

Nothing but a convincing ‘We’re Still Here Pep’  message sent out from this end of the East Lancs Rd, goal difference could make the difference ultimately so I would want us to take absolutely every opportunity we can create to hit the onion bag, and I mean every opportunity, in other words I want us F**kin Ruthless, if it’s one nil, I want us to be three nil, if we’re three nil I want us to be five,

This is the final stretch, whereby by the end of this month we’ll have a fair idea how successful this campaign has been, we could be sat with just one trophy or we could have added or at the very least be in a position to, i Red specs on or not honestly believes we can do the fookin lot, that one game at a time mantra works, and we are very very good at it, do this then you can see why Ratboy is running scared !!!

5 - 0  the Red Machine rolls on !!

Y  N  W  A

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #20: Apr 01, 2022 02:51:51 pm

Every man woman and child in the ground need to be on it like a European 2nd leg semi final and no excuse for the early kick off, stupid fooking excuse for a sh*te atmosphere,

I see Jürgen has echoed this, telling fans with tickets if you cant shout and sing stay at home and give your ticket to someone else

is right boss
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #21: Apr 01, 2022 03:21:10 pm
      may depend on how some of the International lads have trained since they come back.

Id expect Bobbi to start this for sure.

No disrespect to Watford, but we should be winning this and I feel getting Mane and Salah in with a chance for goals can only build confidence on the run up to some massive games
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #22: Apr 01, 2022 03:24:00 pm
      I see Jürgen has echoed this, telling fans with tickets if you cant shout and sing stay at home and give your ticket to someone else

is right boss

See, I like this from Jürgen, it tells me he has definite targets, he will want the f***in lot, of course he does, he was asked a few weeks back about the quadruple, he put it to one side and answered that it hadn’t been done before, and that is why he will want to do it, because no one else has,

What he’s actually alluding too is that he wants Anfield Rocking, not just for the CL nights, we wants it Rocking from 1230 tomorrow, and all the way to our last match/final in May, on Monday I want doctors surgery’s full of Reds with sore throats, and record sales of strepsils, it’s Jürgen’s rallying call for the match going fans to take the roof off Anfield, and the fans will respond in kind !!

Y  N  W  A

Quick Reply