Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre match: Man City v Liverpool; EPL: April 10th: KO 4.30pm

Read 11607 times
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: Pre match: Man City v Liverpool; EPL: April 10th: KO 4.30pm
      Reply #23: Apr 06, 2022 09:28:12 am
      We will win the FA Cup semi too, they will be drained by the game in Madrid while we have an easy return leg against Benfica
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #24: Apr 06, 2022 10:00:03 am
      My gut feeling is negate de Bruyne and this is another 3 points. A fabulous play,their everything.....negating him easier said then done.

Ive always said teams who have a go at city get something, we will certainly have a go. We live in their heads they think sbout us, and fear us. We have to feed on that fear

Thiago and Mo will be key

Honestly cant see past us winning, unless we allow de Bruyne do as he wants

Who would you target from our side to stop us from playing? Stop Mo, there's Diaz, stop Diaz, there's Jota. And none of our players will give you time on the ball. I do not know how to stop a Jürgen Klopp Liverpool side. Liverpool fans say their players are sometimes disappointing. At their worst, Liverpool players still have quality. Even their Goalkeeper can score goals. OMG ;D We will win the small battles and hopefully these will translate into goals. If only my worry has the power to guarantee us a win! Feeling confident now...
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #25: Apr 06, 2022 10:10:42 am
      Anthony Taylor the biased manc will referee the most important game of the season - f**king stinks!

https://twitter.com/SimonBrundish/status/1511312772818219016
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #26: Apr 06, 2022 10:25:42 am

I’d have Diaz up against that horrible cnut Walker, I think he can be got at and has a angry streak, could possibly lash out if things don’t go his way, and Diaz is ideal for getting under his skin, they lack fire power for me, so if we’re as solid as we can be it’s possible  we can shut them out completely,

It’s the exact opposite for them, although a very good defence I think our firepower is far superior and relentless, we could capitalise in the latter stages using our fresh legs against their tired legs and minds, centrally we could cancel each other out, while they have KDB, Gundogan, &  Foden, we have Fabinho, Thiago, and Hendo/Naby,

I think they will target Trent, or that side of the pitch, when Trent pushes forward Hendo, more often than not will fill the void, that’s where they’ll see our weak spot, imo, I think our biggest weapon on Sunday  will be patience, I can see us passing  and probing, looking for openings, and with a bit of luck will get thru them, but we really need to be very solid at the back, can’t emphasise this enough,

The whole game/fixture is finely balanced, it’s got draw written all over it, but if you are a neutral and were to hazard a guess at the winner, I reckon 7/10 would say Liverpool, simple because of our momentum, our defence and that firepower up front……

…….I think we start with…..                Alisson
                                              Trent   Matip   Virgil   Robbo
                                                Hendo   Fabinho   Thiago
                                                 Salah      Mane    Diaz

…………....and finish with…….                Alisson
                                                Trent  Matip   Virgil   Robbo
                                                   Milner   Fabinho   Naby
                                                      Salah   Jota   Diaz

Psychologically, I think we’re in Pep’s head, they had a 14 point gap a few weeks back and suddenly it’s down to 1, that has had to have a effect, a couple of seasons back we got right up his f***in nose, beat them in the league game as well as the CL, we were breathing down their necks and they cracked, they do not handle pressure very well, and I think that will be the straw that breaks the camel jockeys back, I also think Pep is inferior tactically to Jürgen and prone to making wrong decisions when under pressure ,

Unbelievably Massive game this, probably title defining, we win, it’s ours to lose, we lose it’s doubtful we overhaul them, a draw wouldn’t be the worst result as far as I’m concerned, we’d still be breathing down their necks and the pressure still on them, for us, it’s probably the biggest game since the 2019 CL Final, bigger even than the semi V Barca, one more thing, Jürgen will say the right things prior to KO, he will have them  prepped and ready for battle, we never give up, and we are battle hardened, further experience City don’t necessarily have.

LET’S DO THIS  !!!!!!

Y  N  W  A

I'd start Diaz too, an unknown quantity for city to thin about ,very skilful and quick
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #27: Apr 06, 2022 10:38:38 am
      the only thing I see beating us on Sunday is refereeing decisions backed up by an incompetent VAR its like we are giving them a 1-0 start with these two clowns and the FA imposing them on us knowing or hoping what the outcome will be.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #28: Apr 06, 2022 10:44:22 am
      Ali
      Trent
      VVD
      Matip
      Robbo
      Thiago
      Hendo
      Fab
      Salah
      Jota
      Mane

Would be very surprised if this is not the team

yup.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #29: Apr 06, 2022 10:50:54 am

think Diaz will start he is very dynamic and clearly has a footballing brain too. Nice to have so many choices and maybe Bobby will start as he has the keys to unlock even the tightest defence. The back four seem set unless Joel was injured he will be back and has been in great form.
      Hendo on the bench last night would indicate he will be starting with Fab and Thiago.
      Mo and Sadio both off early to rest so just one spot left boy its hard getting in the is team these days.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #30: Apr 06, 2022 10:57:52 am
      Ali
      Trent-Matip-VVD-Robbo
      Hendo-Fab-Thiago
      Salah-Jota-Mané/Diaz

The red one is the only true decision Jürgen has to make. I’d take a draw to be honest. It’s on their pitch and looking at the last outcomes a draw is already a success. So I would play more Atletico-style, but of course not that deep and passive, but definitely my last line a lot deeper than normal, looking for fast counter attacks.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #31: Apr 06, 2022 11:04:57 am
      Who would you target from our side to stop us from playing? Stop Mo, there's Diaz, stop Diaz, there's Jota. And none of our players will give you time on the ball. I do not know how to stop a Jürgen Klopp Liverpool side. Liverpool fans say their players are sometimes disappointing. At their worst, Liverpool players still have quality. Even their Goalkeeper can score goals. OMG ;D We will win the small battles and hopefully these will translate into goals. If only my worry has the power to guarantee us a win! Feeling confident now...

If im a city fan this morning am I confident? Yes. City are a quality side with quality players, playing at home knowing if they dont lose they have the percieved handier run in....but then you realise Liverpool have conceeded 2 in 9, were accussed of giving up chances but thats our offside trap, were tight at the back, city dont have a striker.....Liverpool have 4 or players who are realistic goalscorers and Liverpool always score.....So city need at least 1 to get a result, now you start sweating a bit, do we have the threat in attack to score 2 or even 3 v this Liverpool and without a first choice centre back can we really stop Liverpool getting 1 or 2???

A lot of pressure on city, blowing the gap they had..We get about them first 20 dont let them settle and the sh*te crowd will soon have the flags put back under their seats....the first 20 is huge, let them grow or make them wilt

Nobody assigned to kdb, everybody assigned to kdb, he comes in to your space hes yours.....how teams allow him roam freely around the pitch is beyond me

Lastly win lose or draw I hope somebody upends that little cnut face foden
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #32: Apr 06, 2022 12:09:28 pm
      think Diaz will start he is very dynamic and clearly has a footballing brain too. Nice to have so many choices and maybe Bobby will start as he has the keys to unlock even the tightest defence. The back four seem set unless Joel was injured he will be back and has been in great form.
      Hendo on the bench last night would indicate he will be starting with Fab and Thiago.
      Mo and Sadio both off early to rest so just one spot left boy its hard getting in the is team these days.

Chat last night was cos diaz played the full 90 he probably wont start sunday.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #33: Apr 06, 2022 12:11:20 pm

i think he would have more impact off the bench then any of the others but in saying that I think Id still start him
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #34: Apr 06, 2022 01:44:58 pm
      i think he would have more impact off the bench then any of the others but in saying that I think Id still start him

So many options now, its brilliant.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #35: Apr 06, 2022 01:59:27 pm
      Id love to see a poll on who thinks this will be decided by the ref or var
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #36: Apr 06, 2022 02:22:33 pm
      the only thing I see beating us on Sunday is refereeing decisions backed up by an incompetent VAR its like we are giving them a 1-0 start with these two clowns and the FA imposing them on us knowing or hoping what the outcome will be.

Unlike you Walt to be a conspiracy theorist  :f_whistle:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37: Apr 06, 2022 02:37:48 pm

I get that but he didnt feature at the weekend. Got a feeling he may go with the three amigos in a game like this. To be honest the team Jürgen puts out will be the best one to beat the best team in the world on their own ground. If we win just 4 games we could win the Fa Cup and The CL we need to win all our EPL games to win the league. We dont need to beat Benfica the semi final we need to better the first leg result so just 4 wins could be all that is needed to put more silverware in the cupboard. I however really really want to put that smug miserable man and his oil rich team in their place on Sunday.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #38: Apr 06, 2022 02:39:50 pm
      I dreamt last night we scored the first one really quick, they caved in and we trashed them 5-1 !

Man you dream way better than me. I only dreamt about Kate Abdo!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39: Apr 06, 2022 03:38:57 pm
      I get that but he didnt feature at the weekend. Got a feeling he may go with the three amigos in a game like this. To be honest the team Jürgen puts out will be the best one to beat the best team in the world on their own ground. If we win just 4 games we could win the Fa Cup and The CL we need to win all our EPL games to win the league. We dont need to beat Benfica the semi final we need to better the first leg result so just 4 wins could be all that is needed to put more silverware in the cupboard. I however really really want to put that smug miserable man and his oil rich team in their place on Sunday.

You have actually raised a question thats been milling round my head.....

Assuming we wont win all 4 comps, which would be preferable ?

Win the league but lose the semis of the cups ?

Win the cups but narrowly lose the league ?

We could also just win 1 cup, I'm sure we would all prefer champions league again, but saying that not won FA cup since 06.

For me the league is the one we really want, getting to 20 would be class. But its defo the more difficult unless city start to prioritize the champions league as that's what they are hungry for.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #40: Apr 06, 2022 03:48:26 pm
      The league in front of a packed Anfield end of, be all end all, all day every day twice  on Sunday
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41: Apr 06, 2022 04:12:12 pm
      The league in front of a packed Anfield end of, be all end all, all day every day twice  on Sunday

I would prefer the CL Champions of Europe is a title that sits well at Anfield but I wouldn't mind any trophy in addition to the League Cup.
      Beating City on GD to the league would be a nice bit of Karma though
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #42: Apr 06, 2022 04:13:00 pm
      Need to harass DeBruyne and control midfield and we should cruise. If we don’t do that, it’s going to be a long day.

Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #43: Apr 06, 2022 04:22:00 pm

I agree Brian, if we get number 20 it is twofold for the Manc's, first it means Castle Greyskull will go into meltdown because we would be level with them on league titles. But more important in my mind it would really get in the heads of Citeh that they blew a 14 point lead on us and lost the league, also would bode really well for next season as well.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #44: Apr 06, 2022 04:54:48 pm
      I would prefer the CL Champions of Europe is a title that sits well at Anfield but I wouldn't mind any trophy in addition to the League Cup.
      Beating City on GD to the league would be a nice bit of Karma though

Im easy between either trophy but the fact when we ended our 30 year wait it wasnt in front of our fans has to rectified, thats the last remaining thing I need to see one more time
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #45: Apr 06, 2022 05:33:46 pm
      Im easy between either trophy but the fact when we ended our 30 year wait it wasnt in front of our fans has to rectified, thats the last remaining thing I need to see one more time

as long as I see a big drunk German sitting on top of a bus on the Strand I dont care what Trophy he is holding. Even if we just win the FA Cup I think a parade is due and include the League trophy too.

Quick Reply