Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre match: Man City v Liverpool; EPL: April 10th: KO 4.30pm

Read 11610 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: Pre match: Man City v Liverpool; EPL: April 10th: KO 4.30pm
      Reply #115: Apr 09, 2022 10:13:05 am
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #116: Apr 09, 2022 10:54:25 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #117: Apr 09, 2022 01:28:00 pm

this team have broken some records I hope we really appreciate how good they are and enjoy every minute of them
      Having said that my feeling mid week of a 4-0 win has now started to ebb and I would settle for 3-0 now by kick off I will be desperate for a 1-0 scrappy win
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #118: Apr 09, 2022 01:59:16 pm
      Konate or Matip. We all know what they both bring to the team but which way will the Gaffa go. The cultured Joel or the brute force of Ib Konate.

Konate was good in Portugal despite the error. Joel doesn't do his probing runs away from home so much. City don't play in the air so much but it's a tough call for the Gaffa. I can't pick one, at a push I'd go for Konate.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #119: Apr 09, 2022 07:34:34 pm
      Right, today's games done.

Starters over. Time for main course :)

Alisson
      TAA Matip VVD Robbo
       Hendo Fab Thiago
        Salah Jota Mane

Maybe Konate could be pushing Joel.
      Diaz  has been excellent, so could start ahead of Jota.
      But think that'll be the first XI.

Game getting massive build up and rightly so.
      Arguably the two best teams in Europe. Certainly 2 of the top4.

Form of Salah bit of a concern, but Diaz and Bob give real quality options up front, and Jürgen has been less slow to make changes in recent times.
      Think that has been a factor for us, being able to bring guys on who really can change a game. Good options in the middle and at the back too.

Imho if one team wins, will likely determine the title, that's how strong both sides are, could see both winning all remaining games.

Both sides going into it in good form.
      If we're going to beat them, this is the time, we have a full squad, no injuries, in good form, still in all comps.
      Not sure what our record is like there - off the top of my head it's not great recently - but not sure that will matter tomorrow.
      Will be a lot of tension about and whichever team handle the pressure better will be a factor.
      Be great if we can make the most of set pieces [like we have been doing] and try to keep individual errors down.

Either way, it's just a brilliant day for football, and for us.
      Still in 3 comps and in with a shout for all.
      Doesn't get better, or bigger, than this :)
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #120: Apr 09, 2022 07:37:23 pm

Bernardo Silva maybe..but he's a pr**k.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #121: Apr 09, 2022 07:47:18 pm
      There's three positions up for debate I reckon.

Matip or Konate..Matip for me as I think its too big a game for the less experienced Konate.

Hendo or Keita..Naby just gets in ahead IMO for his performance against Benfica and Hendo hasn't been at his best lately.

Jota or Diaz..Salah has to start and I think Sadio starts through the middle. Left position between Jota and Diaz and for his unpredictability and pace Diaz starts for me. He would keep Walker busy for 90mins.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #122: Apr 09, 2022 08:01:18 pm
      Google's predictive estimator which I consider reliable gives this output:

46% City win
      26% draw
      28% LFC win

I think many here underestimate City's strength and home pitch advantage. I still would take a draw. I still would advice Klopp to play as if a draw was good enough: lower defensive line, no early pressure, looking mostly for counter attacks, like Tottenham played the other day, just maybe not that passive. If he plays for a win we will need to open up and we might get battered 5-0 like a couple of years ago.

If we draw we are still in the race, if we lose it's virtuelly over.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #123: Apr 09, 2022 08:25:57 pm
      Google's predictive estimator which I consider reliable gives this output:

46% City win
      26% draw
      28% LFC win

I think many here underestimate City's strength and home pitch advantage. I still would take a draw. I still would advice Klopp to play as if a draw was good enough: lower defensive line, no early pressure, looking mostly for counter attacks, like Tottenham played the other day, just maybe not that passive. If he plays for a win we will need to open up and we might get battered 5-0 like a couple of years ago.

If we draw we are still in the race, if we lose it's virtuelly over.

~i really think Jürgen won't be checking in here for advice from a defeatist like you. He has developed a side that can play in many different ways.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #124: Apr 09, 2022 08:49:20 pm
      ~i really think Jürgen won't be checking in here for advice from a defeatist like you. He has developed a side that can play in many different ways.

😂😂 Yeah totally agree. Go out there to win. Klopp doesn't know how to play for a draw. Not in his blood..
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #125: Apr 09, 2022 09:54:00 pm
      Ok heres the prediction

0-2

VVD & Thiago
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #126: Apr 09, 2022 09:54:13 pm
                    Alison

Trent Matip VVD Robbo

Henderson  Fabinho  Thiago

Salah     Bobby    Mane 

Would be the starting 11 for me and if we are either behind or drawing on the 60th minute I would bring on Jota for Bobby, Diaz for Mane and Keita for Hendo.

I have no idea what to expect for this game but I can't remember being this nervous about a PL game in a while, let's F***ing make the momentum count!

YNWA

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #127: Apr 09, 2022 11:07:08 pm
      It’s 22.30 on the eve of probably the biggest game for us since the 2019 semi with Barca, and City’s biggest since Chavs fu**ed them over in last season’s CL final, I would argue this game brings with it the same level of apprehension as those two matches above,

In our case we rose to the challenge and then some, whereas City bottled their one and only opportunity to win their ‘HolyGrail’, that was down to the pressure bestowed on them having never won it, and believing their own hype that they were superior to any club side in Europe despite never having been to a final before, of course the media didn’t exactly  do them any favours by lauding them up so much so that instead of being humble and staying grounded, they cried wolf, and Chavs used their previous experience of final appearances and done them over,

Without sounding like a broken record, City do not handle pressure very well, their league successes have come when no other side put them under pressure, apart from us of course, tomorrow they’ll be under the severest pressure from us not only by way of having to win the game, but under pressure from us breathing down their necks have squandered a 14 point lead, Pep G is a brilliant manager but he’s not a brilliant tactician, in fact I’d argue he’s decidedly average tactically, hence him making wrong decisions which have cost his side points,

City are a brilliant side, and play brilliant football, but so do we, there really isn’t anything between us……except…. We play more as a unit whereas they rely on too many individuals ….KDB, Gundogan, Foden, etc, they don’t have replacements for any of those, with us with the exception of Mo, Thiago & Probably Fabinho, we are pretty much covered like for like, for any position with very little to no disruption,

I can’t wait for tomorrow, not only am I going to enjoy us going 2points in front and become league leaders, I’m especially looking forward to Pep spontaneously combust knowing he has bottled it yet again!!

“We’ve conquered all of Europe, we’re never gonna stop”
                               ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ !!!

Y  N  W  A
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #128: Apr 09, 2022 11:20:31 pm
       :roll:
                    Alison

Trent Matip VVD Robbo

Henderson  Fabinho  Thiago

Salah     Bobby    Mane 

Would be the starting 11 for me and if we are either behind or drawing on the 60th minute I would bring on Jota for Bobby, Diaz for Mane and Keita for Hendo.

I have no idea what to expect for this game but I can't remember being this nervous about a PL game in a while, let's f**king make the momentum count!

YNWA

Exactly what I would go for, just feel that team will know how to win, Firmino is brilliant against these type of teams.

Then we have Diaz and Jota to switch up later, with Keita coming in for some tired legs in midfield.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #129: Apr 09, 2022 11:46:26 pm
      Alisson

Trent Konate VVD Robbo

Hendo Fabinho Keita

Salah Jota Diaz.

Jota was added to squad to push for a place. He gets in because he has a better goal/game ratio than Mane since he arrived. 70/33 over 86/31. Also Mane needs rested. Diaz adds pace and energy. Konate in as he gives Trent better cover and can muscle City off the ball. Strong in the tackle.

Millsy75
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts | 40 
      Reply #130: Apr 10, 2022 12:27:55 am
      Let's kick the sh*t out of these
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #131: Apr 10, 2022 01:56:34 am
      In 2014, when we beat City with the late Coutinho goal, how many points did it put us in first by back then?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #132: Apr 10, 2022 03:25:42 am
      I'm gonna go with a 1-1 draw, but we still win the league. This is our banna peel tomorrow. City's comes by way of a loss at WHU.

Hope I'm wrong and we win. Don't hope I'm wrong on everything else ;D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #133: Apr 10, 2022 08:23:23 am
      Gone for a score draw, but any win for our lads in Red, will be a great result later today !
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #134: Apr 10, 2022 08:42:26 am
      Just looked at the runs in’s again, theirs is absolutely piss - think we are going to have to be perfect to do this starting today.

I said it was a must not lose previously but I’m starting to feel it’s must win!

Come on reds, we’ve had a crap record there in recent years and I genuinely believe we are a better team. Going 2-1 to us, Mo to find his scoring boots again and get a double.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #135: Apr 10, 2022 09:12:02 am
      Just looked at the runs in’s again, theirs is absolutely piss - think we are going to have to be perfect to do this starting today.

I said it was a must not lose previously but I’m starting to feel it’s must win!

Come on reds, we’ve had a crap record there in recent years and I genuinely believe we are a better team. Going 2-1 to us, Mo to find his scoring boots again and get a double.

If we lose then its curtains, a win gives us the advantage and a draw keeps things interesting.

Not often we win here since City turned into what they are now.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #136: Apr 10, 2022 09:24:47 am

If we win today I think we win the league because Fraudiola will panic, start prioritising the CL and drop further league points.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #137: Apr 10, 2022 09:34:43 am
      Going to be listening on radio in the car for this after a weekend away with the family. Gutted.

Quick Reply