Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Alisson Becker
      33 (40.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (2.5%)
      Joel Matip
      10 (12.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      9 (11.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.5%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.2%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      5 (6.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (4.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      6 (7.4%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.5%)
      Diogo Jota
      7 (8.6%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Apr 14, 2022 06:23:20 pm

Manchester City 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19423 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Re: Manchester City 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Apr 10, 2022 06:45:13 pm
      I have no f**king clue where some of you pick up this narrative that this was undeserving or that we were poor or lucky. We came up against a City side playing well and still grabbed a draw from theirs with City only achieving one more shot on target. I'd say there were a handful of moments from us as well where we could and should have scored as well. Salah and Mane were superb I thought. Linking up well and picking their moments - I'm just gutted the former didn't have a goal as he deserved it. Jota was excellent once again. Hendo was solid. Thiago - so so and oddly the game passed him by. Fabinho - looked sloppy which was uncharacteristic for him. Robbo was superb. Trent, dodgy and not his day but still made a critical intervention in the first half to stop a City goal. Matip and VVD did well to stem the attacks. Alisson just being Alisson - superb.

Substitutions didn't make much of a difference from either side. That said, try being the Man City fan justifying £100m for a sub display like that. He was f**king sh*t and I reckon we could have played with him quite a bit had he been on the field longer.

We were sh*t first half.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,883 posts | 421 
      Reply #714: Apr 10, 2022 06:46:09 pm
      They make you panic in possession City but we upped our game 2nd half.

Their fixtures look friendly but if they win them all they will deserve their title.

On we go.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #715: Apr 10, 2022 06:46:30 pm
      been managing it for years and its a problem Mo is mentally fu**ed he isnt a machine but there is nowhere to rest him at the moment

That's F**k all to with him fasting and don't know why it's even being mentioned.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,281 posts | 2834 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #716: Apr 10, 2022 06:46:59 pm
      been managing it for years and its a problem Mo is mentally fu**ed he isnt a machine but there is nowhere to rest him at the moment

Actually thought he looked much better 2nd half then he had in a while

Hes not undroppable though
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #717: Apr 10, 2022 06:47:02 pm
      We were being carved open time and again which should not be. No matter who the opponent is, we should be 3-0 up by HT and hammering them. Anything apart from this is below par. Too bad this is a results business! ;D :mad:

Lad, your toxic positivity and sarcasm is just irritating. There is obviously a discussion to be had over that first half, end of.

Still in this race though and now we can get on another run. All we can do is keep the pressure on them and we have done that. F***ing come on reds, I think they’ll drop points one more time if you look at the run in’s, we just need to pounce.

And F***ing smash them at wembley!!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #718: Apr 10, 2022 06:47:19 pm
      We were not lucky

we were poor very poor for 45

Were better than them, in my opinion, and thats why im happy to take something, but feel that first half just let us down

A deflected goal from a free kick not taken from the right spot and a poor defensive moment in the first half.
      Stop taking Jota off instead of Mo and it may give Mo a rest
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #719: Apr 10, 2022 06:48:21 pm
      Lad, your toxic positivity and sarcasm is just irritating. There is obviously a discussion to be had over that first half, end of.

Still in this race though and now we can get on another run. All we can do is keep the pressure on them and we have done that. F***ing come on reds, I think they’ll drop points one more time if you look at the run in’s, we just need to pounce.

And f**king smash them at wembley!!!

spot on mate so much to applaud today
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #720: Apr 10, 2022 06:48:36 pm
      First half caused us the match.

Salah's brilliant assist for Mane well taken goal.

We need help from others but we're not that far. We need 7 wins and a draw from City. Not impossible but difficult.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #721: Apr 10, 2022 06:49:24 pm
      Actually thought he looked much better 2nd half then he had in a while

Hes not undroppable though

the lad has been mentally shagged with Egypt and his contract talks he needs a break
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,544 posts | 1482 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #722: Apr 10, 2022 06:54:08 pm
      Really? On a day where he's probably fasting, he was pretty much very involved in our two goals....

He puts the cheeky pass in for Mane on the first goal which leads to their quick panic clearance straight back onto your feet for the goal.

He puts in the world class inch perfect diagonal pass for Sadio on the second.

Is he supposed to score a goal like the one he scored in the home game every time or else he's bad? Not saying he is not criticizable but I'm not seeing exactly how he had a bad game when without him the two goals we got wouldn't have been.

I'm not criticizing him, I'm saying he's knackered, Salah on poor form can do what he did today, but if you're telling me he hasn't look fecked, along with Mane, since the AFCON... then I can only send you in the direction of the nearest opticians. This is him at 70%, imagine the good he can do at 100% if he has a small break.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #723: Apr 10, 2022 06:54:11 pm
      I thought as a team we were really solid I havent made my mind up for MOTM Jota and Mane did little but both scored all the lads struggled because they were up against real quality but Ali was there once again when we needed him
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #724: Apr 10, 2022 06:54:12 pm

Hard to believe neither the ref or linesman saw that deflection. The shot was on target i think if it doesn't hit off him.
      Not a peno though, agree.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #725: Apr 10, 2022 06:55:16 pm
      Salah fasting has 0 to do with his performance.

At times he actually looked more up for it than other games recently, actually getting passed Cancelo and stringing a couple nice passes.

He needs a rest, one more than 20-30 mins. He should be on the bench Vs Benfica and only come on if we are in need of a goal.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #726: Apr 10, 2022 06:55:38 pm
      sh*t first half, could have been down far worse.

Great first half of the second half, could have gone up.

Played it out a bit late, few half chances. Overall you never shy away from taking a point there, but it's still rough to know we can be better than that. First half a massive failure, but we rebounded well. That's what good sides do when playing below the level we know. Whether it's enough to win a title now, we will see. In their hands, we just have to be ready for any slip up and keep the pressure on.

1.00am kicks are rough, F**k. Heart still going like the clappers so don't know if much sleep is happening here tonight, glad I took the chance for a few hours of kip before the match!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #727: Apr 10, 2022 06:58:15 pm
      Sh*t first half, could have been down far worse.

Great first half of the second half, could have gone up.

Played it out a bit late, few half chances. Overall you never shy away from taking a point there, but it's still rough to know we can be better than that. First half a massive failure, but we rebounded well. That's what good sides do when playing below the level we know. Whether it's enough to win a title now, we will see. In their hands, we just have to be ready for any slip up and keep the pressure on.

1.00am kicks are rough, f**k. Heart still going like the clappers so don't know if much sleep is happening here tonight, glad I took the chance for a few hours of kip before the match!

these are the games to watch mate when we go to the likes of City and never look out of the game we are a proper team
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 1099 
      Reply #728: Apr 10, 2022 06:58:47 pm
      I feel like Pep and Jürgen loving each other and dabbing each other up should piss me off, but it doesn't. It's probably the opposite. I think they both realize how good their sides are and how out of sight they both should be, if not for the other one.

These two teams are incredible 👏
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #729: Apr 10, 2022 06:59:02 pm
      I have no f**king clue where some of you pick up this narrative that this was undeserving or that we were poor or lucky. We came up against a City side playing well and still grabbed a draw from theirs with City only achieving one more shot on target. I'd say there were a handful of moments from us as well where we could and should have scored as well. Salah and Mane were superb I thought. Linking up well and picking their moments - I'm just gutted the former didn't have a goal as he deserved it. Jota was excellent once again. Hendo was solid. Thiago - so so and oddly the game passed him by. Fabinho - looked sloppy which was uncharacteristic for him. Robbo was superb. Trent, dodgy and not his day but still made a critical intervention in the first half to stop a City goal. Matip and VVD did well to stem the attacks. Alisson just being Alisson - superb.

Substitutions didn't make much of a difference from either side. That said, try being the Man City fan justifying £100m for a sub display like that. He was f**king sh*t and I reckon we could have played with him quite a bit had he been on the field longer.

No need to be irritated, that’s just how I saw it. They missed almost as many chances as we did. We didn’t play well at all.  At least not to the standard of a team that we expect to win the league. City’s defense is overrated but their midfield is what got them the point today. Sorry, I expected a better performance from us today. I expected a win.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #730: Apr 10, 2022 06:59:14 pm
      Today was more about our tactics. Are we a one dimension team.  We get high soon as we get possession. Even average teams get through us and Alisson has saved us so many times.

Not saying go back to the Houllier days of counter football but we should be able to adapt mid match. Drop off, track, cover. Hit them on the break. If we play high again at Wembley it could get away from us.

They are a great team, so are we but we have to have tactical options.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #731: Apr 10, 2022 07:01:10 pm
      People need to understand how good City are and we went to their ground and could have easily won that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #732: Apr 10, 2022 07:02:52 pm
      Today was more about our tactics. Are we a one dimension team.  We get high soon as we get possession. Even average teams get through us and Alisson has saved us so many times.

Not saying go back to the Houllier days of counter football but we should be able to adapt mid match. Drop off, track, cover. Hit them on the break. If we play high again at Wembley it could get away from us.

They are a great team, so are we but we have to have tactical options.

can't disagree more mate this team is the most astute tactically aware team I can remember they can play so many different ways I am proud of all the lads today
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #733: Apr 10, 2022 07:04:18 pm
      People need to understand how good City are and we went to their ground and could have easily won that.

Yep. Good result from an entertaining game.
      They were probably better over all and a lot our mistakes and sloppy play was unforced which was frustrating. And our subs didn’t influence the game either really.
      But I will take that. Just need to make sure we capitalise on any city slip ups now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,029 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #734: Apr 10, 2022 07:07:58 pm
      Has to be one of the best 90 mins football I’ve seen for a while, also the quickest 90 mins football too.  ;D Now I should think most of you are well happy with the result coz if City had of won you couldn’t really complain.

No doubt some will have the blinkers on, or in my language the rose tints  :D However, both teams were a credit to how English football should be played. Would love to see this type of football back at OT.

Ref never had a great game, Thiago lucky to stay on the field so you lot complaining about having a manc as the ref should be relieved  :lmao:

Great game anyway and title looks increasingly likely going all the way, maybe even to the last game.

It may of been a draw today but football was definitely the winner.  :)

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #735: Apr 10, 2022 07:08:48 pm
      Bring on Wembley we will destroy them

Quick Reply