Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v City?

Alisson Becker
      33 (40.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (2.5%)
      Joel Matip
      10 (12.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      9 (11.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.5%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.2%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      5 (6.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (4.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      6 (7.4%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.5%)
      Diogo Jota
      7 (8.6%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Apr 14, 2022 06:23:20 pm

Manchester City 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19349 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,810 posts | 1402 
      Re: Manchester City 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Apr 10, 2022 07:46:30 pm
      I know you can point to loads of ifs and buts over a season but my word they got away with one with that handball at the end at goodisonā€¦..

Yea that was bullshit. However those Everton cu*ts probably would have Kepaā€™d it knowing a goal and draw would have helped us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #760: Apr 10, 2022 07:57:20 pm

Not the way I see it, we had to beat the team at the top for it to be in our hands, up until that point, itā€™s in the hands of the team with the advantage and unfortunately that was never us. All City needed was a draw for it to be in their hands still. One team needed to win, the other needed to win or draw so I donā€™t buy the whole ā€œin our handsā€ until that game is settled. So whether people like it or not, it was always more in the hands of City, Pal.

If we were top of the league by a point coming into the game then people wouldnā€™t be saying it was in Cityā€™s hands.
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2022 08:03:26 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2109 
      Reply #761: Apr 10, 2022 07:58:46 pm

Said at half time I didn't think it was nearly as bad as people made it out to be. Ironic thing is we had clearer chances first half than second.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #762: Apr 10, 2022 08:04:40 pm
      Fab didnā€™t have a good game, maybe one of the worst heā€™s had for us, but at least he nailed that weedy little rat Bernardo Silva. Just a shame it wasnā€™t a bit harder to inflict an actual injury on the horrible little c**t.
      Harrisimo

• 8,285 posts | 1398 
      Reply #763: Apr 10, 2022 08:08:15 pm
      We must rest Mo. He didn't play badly by any means but the spark is not quite there. It's fatigue for sure. A rest would be beneficial all round. Our pressing game doesn't do him any favours within this situation. Obviously a great goal would release the pressure.

He goes hell for leather after everything and in a sense we have to protect him from himself a bit. Fatigue can cause injury.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #764: Apr 10, 2022 08:08:38 pm
      Tough game. Win would have been massive for us, loss would have killed us. Given the way the game played out Iā€™m very happy with the draw. They still have the advantage obviously so we just have to win ā€˜em all and hope they drop some points along the way
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #765: Apr 10, 2022 08:10:43 pm
      Next two league games are massive.
      Everton and united at home for us (which are always massive)

City have two home games as well.
      Brighton and Watford.

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #766: Apr 10, 2022 08:12:19 pm
      Draw was better result then I thought the performance warranted. Second half we played well, big thing was Mane/Salah (especially Mane) were able to hold the ball up longer and win the ball a lot more often which allowed the rest of the team to come up the field. First half seem like we would win the ball, play it out wide and Citeh would win it with ease then it become wave after wave of Citeh attack.

Both goals we scored were really well worked and finished, I thought the game might of been more open for us but we didn't create much in terms of clear cut chances.

First half was poor, we couldn't win any balls in the middle and when we did we couldn't keep it. Did well defending in the box and little luck kept it to 2-1.

As far as the title race I still think Citeh will drop points in a couple games just have to make sure we are there to take advantage when it happens.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #767: Apr 10, 2022 08:13:19 pm
      Taylor is genuinely a United fan anyway masquerading as an Altrincham fan.

He had no dog in the fight.

His father in law is a City fan!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #768: Apr 10, 2022 08:14:25 pm
      Said at half time I didn't think it was nearly as bad as people made it out to be. Ironic thing is we had clearer chances first half than second.

They had far better chances than us. Was lucky just to be 2-1.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #769: Apr 10, 2022 08:21:54 pm

Maybe Iā€™m not remembering it correctly because i just felt we were under pressure constantly, but what chances did we have? Jota goal and then that half chance where Jota could have had a shot or maybe squared it but just took to long? Thatā€™s all I can think of really
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,126 posts | 83 
      Reply #770: Apr 10, 2022 08:22:22 pm
      City was better in all departments. You could see the difference in talent. Lucky us (again!) to come away with a draw. I did not like our style because it favored City, but I told you so. I think Cityā€™s cryptonite is parking the bus and have world class strikers for fast breaks; weā€™d have it, no idea why JĆ¼rgen didnā€™t give it a try.

7 games is a lotā€¦this is wide open.

Another point was Salahā€˜s MIA. A guy who wants to get paid like a king has to shine in games like that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #771: Apr 10, 2022 08:23:21 pm
      Got held up in work so only seen the last 15 mins or so.

Sounds like we were poor first half but improved after half time.

We just have to keep winning from now and hope they slip up.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,322 posts | 279 
      Reply #772: Apr 10, 2022 08:25:21 pm
      I'm a little disappointed tonight but if you'd have given this situation to me when we were 14pts behind, I'd have bitten your hand...Roll on Champions League Wednesday
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #773: Apr 10, 2022 08:25:40 pm
      City was better in all departments. You could see the difference in talent. Lucky us (again!) to come away with a draw. I did not like our style because it favored City, but I told you so. I think Cityā€™s cryptonite is parking the bus and have world class strikers for fast breaks; weā€™d have it, no idea why JĆ¼rgen didnā€™t give it a try.

7 games is a lotā€¦this is wide open.

Another point was Salahā€˜s MIA. A guy who wants to get paid like a king has to shine in games like that.

An assist (or two?) and defensively covered for Trent most of the game. He played superb today.
      Harrisimo

• 8,285 posts | 1398 
      Reply #774: Apr 10, 2022 08:35:15 pm

Think your right. We had built it up and it was bit of a shock the way they started. We were second best but not a distant second best. We improved in the second half and if Mo was fresh I think he would've won it for us.
      Stoertebembel
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | 64 
      Reply #775: Apr 10, 2022 08:35:16 pm
      just walk on - ynwa
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #776: Apr 10, 2022 08:39:56 pm

Absolutely!! Draws against Brentford, Brighton, and even Chelsea have hurt us!

The Leicester game as well was a shocker
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #777: Apr 10, 2022 08:42:09 pm

Not to mention the loss to West Ham.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2109 
      Reply #778: Apr 10, 2022 08:43:30 pm

Don't have an issue with the Leicester game oddly. That was just outright bad and I felt we were never going to win or even take a point from that. Leicester were totally deserving of the win in the same way West Ham were earlier on this season.

The Brentford and Brighton games however? Brighton at home especially. If  I look at one moment of this season it's in that fame. If Jones does his job tracking back for Brighton's equaliser instead of letting their scorer completely ghost by him with no fuss... then who knows what the table looks like right now. Fine margins are costly in these battles and the failure to do something like failure to track your guy can be the difference between 1st and 2nd. Such a regrettable result, match and goal to concede
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #779: Apr 10, 2022 08:51:25 pm
      Don't have an issue with the Leicester game oddly. That was just outright bad and I felt we were never going to win or even take a point from that. Leicester were totally deserving of the win in the same way West Ham were earlier on this season.

The Brentford and Brighton games however? Brighton at home especially. If  I look at one moment of this season it's in that fame. If Jones does his job tracking back for Brighton's equaliser instead of letting their scorer completely ghost by him with no fuss... then who knows what the table looks like right now. Fine margins are costly in these battles and the failure to do something like failure to track your guy can be the difference between 1st and 2nd. Such a regrettable result, match and goal to concede

Leicester deserved FA mate they had one shot on target and scored . We were absolute dogshit.  Brighton deserved what they got had quite a lot of chances and pretty sure doubled our shots on target
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,062 posts | 2109 
      Reply #780: Apr 10, 2022 08:56:25 pm
      Leicester deserved FA mate they had one shot on target and scored . We were absolute dogshit.  Brighton deserved what they got had quite a lot of chances and pretty sure doubled our shots on target

Pretty sure Leicester were properly on top in that second half.

I don't mind the odd loss on the road but drawing at home to Brighton for me is just unforgivable. Midfield display that day was horrific
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #781: Apr 10, 2022 09:02:43 pm
      It will be heartbreaking to see we lose out again for a single point. Just hope it doesn't come to that.

You're a WUM, aren't you?

Quick Reply