Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves

Alisson Becker
      16 (25%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (4.7%)
      Ibrahima Konate
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      7 (10.9%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (7.8%)
      Naby Keita
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.6%)
      Luis Diaz
      6 (9.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      22 (34.4%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Mo Salah
      2 (3.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Liverpool 3-1 Wolves: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19316 times
      YNWA_Mastery
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts | 19 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Wolves: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #782: May 24, 2022 03:55:00 am
      with all the fuss and nonsense by the great and the good following the FA Cup final sing along its interesting that supporters running on to pitches attacking players and managers hardly gets any condemnation.

yes, a few no doubt tipsy lads offer some boos to massively inherited establishment wealth, when the establishment screwed us all over re: Hillsborough, or have nutcases running on the pitch more than once attacking players...  Duh.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #783: May 24, 2022 06:43:48 am
      I hate Man City, I hate Man Utd. I firmly believe the Liverpool/Utd rivalry is based on a begrudging acknowledgement of what both of these self made huge clubs have achieved (even if their fans are pricks) but I have no respect whatsoever for an Arab state backed oil rich club that have basically ruined football in England and denied Klopp the full plaudits nationally he deserves. We are keeping pace in what is a completely unlevel playing field.

Good post +
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #784: May 24, 2022 11:36:50 am

It's. A. Joke!!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #785: May 24, 2022 12:23:10 pm
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #786: May 24, 2022 12:48:28 pm
      It happened on the final day a few seasons ago as well. I think that time the roar was started in the away end (forget who we were playing) and spread quickly.

Wolves again wasn't it ?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #787: May 24, 2022 06:13:57 pm
      Ok, but is anyone confident there wouldn't have been a pitch invasion had we won the title with the win v Wolves?

100% there wouldn't have been.
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Reply #788: May 24, 2022 07:12:36 pm

Was there a pitch invasion when we miraculously defeated Barcelona 4-0 at Anfield and reached UCL final? Players were left on the pitch to celebrate and the fans joined from the stand.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #789: May 24, 2022 07:14:21 pm

I agree - no chance. Class fans
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #790: May 24, 2022 07:24:33 pm
      This pitch invasion by City fans sets a dangerous precedent. Well I know it was commonplace back in the day but in recent times fans have by and large behaved. The media haven't bothered to highlight it, foolishly I think. Lets not fool ourselfes into thinking we are above that type of thing.

Many thousands are going to Paris. It could easily become a volatile situation. I trust our fans to mostly behave but the City invasion puts bad behaviour back in the minds of some..yes a small minority but still.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #791: May 24, 2022 09:42:02 pm
      This pitch invasion by City fans sets a dangerous precedent. Well I know it was commonplace back in the day but in recent times fans have by and large behaved. The media haven't bothered to highlight it, foolishly I think. Lets not fool ourselfes into thinking we are above that type of thing.

Many thousands are going to Paris. It could easily become a volatile situation. I trust our fans to mostly behave but the City invasion puts bad behaviour back in the minds of some..yes a small minority but still.
      It's amazing what the dynamic of a large crowd can do. Of course hot weather and cold beer can magnify the potential for disorder.
      I suspect ( and hope ) the final in Paris will pass without notable incident.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #792: May 24, 2022 11:29:49 pm
      Was there a pitch invasion when we miraculously defeated Barcelona 4-0 at Anfield and reached UCL final? Players were left on the pitch to celebrate and the fans joined from the stand.

That's different, events like these come in patterns - the domino thing. You might be right, but I am not confident.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,611 posts | 365 
      Reply #793: May 26, 2022 06:17:45 am
      That's different, events like these come in patterns - the domino thing. You might be right, but I am not confident.

Not our style
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #794: May 30, 2022 09:40:25 pm
      Quote from JD
      And at no point today were we actually on top of the league.  That would have been more ball-busting.

That's because the results count after the games are over. I have always hated "as it stands" tables, it's just so confusing and distracting for everyone, and it's irrelevant. The games play out, the results come in, and then the points are added up at the final whistle, not during the event. And after 38 games are completed, we see who wins and who has to try again next year. As we have again.

Quote from Longy-Shops
      BUT you can't forgive the officials denying Everton a penalty..make no mistake, those 2 points gifted to City WIN them the league

Yes they should have got a penalty against City, that can't be disputed. But it seems you're assuming it was going to be scored as well, which we'll never know. Thankfully we do have VAR available, and the ref ruled out that Sterling ghost goal against us last month. Otherwise, we wouldn't have even got to the final day hoping to win the league.

Quote from Harrisimo
      This pitch invasion by City fans sets a dangerous precedent. Well I know it was commonplace back in the day but in recent times fans have by and large behaved. The media haven't bothered to highlight it, foolishly I think.

They did it when they won the league 10 years ago, they did it when they won it at home 2 years later, they even did it the next time, even though they had won it several weeks beforehand. So it's not a precedent, that's what they do; invade the pitch, assault the opponents, smash up the furniture, delay the presentation etc etc, and they will do it again the next time.

Apart from filming themselves for likes, I will never understand what drives fans to get on a pitch during or after a game. They're a risk to themselves and others, the players don't want them there, and it just wrecks the celebrations for everyone else. Sure there were annual pitch invasions 40 and 50 years ago when teams got off the pitch asap and it was just accepted, but I like to think that as a fanbase, we've grown up and matured in the years since.

Quote from redindian
      2 90+ seasons as runners up is very unfortunate. Never thought we will win the league after the Spurs draw.. But those first 60 or 70 mins today gave me a lot of hope and that is gut wrenching

It's mad really. In the last couple of weeks, I was reading insane arguments here suggesting we pack up the league with 2 games to go, and focus on the European Cup Final. Now we're gutted that we came just 20 minutes from No. 20.

I said I wouldn't celebrate any developments at the other game and I didn't. Instead when it went to 2-0 there, I just said "yeah great, but we still have to win our own game", as the risk was growing that we wouldn't. I also fully expected a response in the other game, because realistically there was no way Villa would keep them quiet for 95 minutes and they didn't, but we hoped they would put up more resistance after the response came, than they did. When the score went 2-2 there, Lawro said "next goal wins the league", and he was right. But we didn't get it, so by the time we did win our game, the league was gone. 

You need now at least 90 points to win this league. Whether it's insane or not, that's the standard, and once again we have met that standard. After that, it's fine margins that ultimately make the difference, and 8 draws was one too many this year. 6 of them before Diaz arrived, 3 of them when Thiago was  injured for 2 months. Most of them you can explain and accept, but the Brighton result at home, turned out to be the killer one imo. But if we won any of those games, we're celebrating instead of wondering about ifs buts and maybes again.

We have qualified for the European Cup for the sixth year in a row, we scored in every home game, finished 19 games unbeaten and unbeaten at home for another season. But I would have made the players do a lap of honour after the game with the trophies we have won, instead of lamenting about what we didn't. Ok it's not the league trophy but we also have something to celebrate from this season, and it was a good opportunity to show it off in the stadium itself, as not everybody there had ready access to parades the following week.

To give extra time to build the new stand, I assume that our last game of next season will be away from home, as that's what usually happens in that case. So ideally we would like to win the league before it goes to the wire. As for this year, considering that our title challenge was dismissed before the season started, let alone before this game did, the fact that after 9 months, we pushed our rivals all the way to within 20 minutes of the finish line, is something we should all be proud of.

Quick Reply