Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

The title run in

Read 41950 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Re: The title run in
      Reply #437: May 15, 2022 07:12:08 pm
      Arrrgghh Spurs at home last week  :mad:

Was always going to drop points somewhere mate, that was a tough game as spurs are set up exactly to take on offensive teams like Liverpool.

They were sh*te at home to Burnley
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #438: May 15, 2022 08:01:22 pm
      Pep has all week to worry and over think what he will do onSunday we simply recover play Tuesday Recover play Sunday no time to think just play and win Pep will beat himself in the end
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 984 posts | 65 
      Reply #439: May 15, 2022 08:15:08 pm
      Need stevie to park a great big bus in front of the villa goal . Our problem though is putting a strong enough team out to win Tuesdays game .
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #440: May 15, 2022 08:41:22 pm
      So do we rotate the team vs Saints or play our first choice XI?

Rotate to a degree.

Alisson

Gomez         Konate       Matip        Kostas

Hendo

Keita                          Jones

Mane                 Jota                    Diaz

YNWA_Mastery
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts | 19 
      Reply #441: May 15, 2022 09:16:58 pm
      Would of thought Wednesday would of been  a fairer date

Nothing can stop us.  Mark my words. 

Now we bend the future to our will...
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,292 posts | 271 
      Reply #442: May 15, 2022 09:19:25 pm
      Was always going to drop points somewhere mate, that was a tough game as spurs are set up exactly to take on offensive teams like Liverpool.

Oh I know pal, we've been great this season no matter what happens. All these pundits fail to mention that really we are doing massively well standing toe to toe with City. City, Chelsea and Utd all have a bigger wage bill than us
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #443: May 15, 2022 09:31:50 pm

Spurs played us hard and earned their point. It's the draw to Brighton after leading 2-0 or the draw at Brentford after leading 3x that hurt. We were also up 2-0 at Chelsea and drew.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #444: May 15, 2022 09:41:11 pm
      After 120 minutes and only 2 full days between games there will have to be rotation, but the team should still be strong enough for a win.

Alisson
      Gomez Rhys Matip Kostas
                     Milner
           Elliott           Jones
      Taki        Bobby       Jota

That's brave. I'll be more adventurous aka suicidal by playing Adrian one last time for Ali, Ox for Milner and Kaide Gordon (one appearance so far) for Bobby. Seems like everyone's knackered from the cup final. Rotate to give them a rest. May as well put Tyler Morton (one appearance) for Jones. This would be many times better than what you named. Or forget it. Just go all the way and play all reserves and the kids. I could take over Jürgen Klopp and do so much better than him.

Play your strongest team! No pissing around. With advancements in sports recovery, there's no excuse for not recovering in time. The likes of Diaz and Robbo and Thiago all start!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #445: May 15, 2022 09:46:52 pm
      How the f**k are we playing on a Tuesday again 2 days after a cup final. This country's organisation has long been a scandal but this is criminal

Shocking really.

Wednesday should have been the logical choice, even Thursday would have been better.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #446: May 15, 2022 09:53:24 pm
      That's brave. I'll be more adventurous aka suicidal by playing Adrian one last time for Ali, Ox for Milner and Kaide Gordon (one appearance so far) for Bobby. Seems like everyone's knackered from the cup final. Rotate to give them a rest. May as well put Tyler Morton (one appearance) for Jones. This would be many times better than what you named. Or forget it. Just go all the way and play all reserves and the kids. I could take over Jürgen Klopp and do so much better than him.

Play your strongest team! No pissing around. With advancements in sports recovery, there's no excuse for not recovering in time. The likes of Diaz and Robbo and Thiago all start!

haha, who really knows what Jürgen will decide but i do expect a good level of rotation. Would expect Salah and Van Dijk to be definite outs, and Bobby to start as he needs game time to get back to speed so he's not rusty for the CL final. Mane played ragged for 120 so he could be out. With short recovery and Kostas own ability, don't see why Robbo couldn't get rested also.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #447: May 15, 2022 09:55:15 pm
      How the f**k are we playing on a Tuesday again 2 days after a cup final. This country's organisation has long been a scandal but this is criminal

It’s 3 days not 2 Tadders.  ;D

It’s called victim of your own success, what a great position to be in, granted it’s a lot but would you prefer not to be in them? Be happy your still in them and knowing what’s on the horizon if all goes to plan.

I’d swap shoes with you any day to be in this position.

CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #448: May 15, 2022 09:57:57 pm
      Nothing can stop us.  Mark my words. 

City's luck in addition to their filthy money really pisses me off. The year we lost by a point Kompany hits that scorcher from far outside the box to basically win them the league. I believe that was the same year Salah had a 50/50 on the goal line and somehow the City defender cleared it. Then this year the most obvious of hand balls against City does not get called vs Everton late in the game where they would have drawn.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #449: May 15, 2022 09:59:45 pm
      Strong team for me, we’re still in the prem race!

Alisson

Trent Konate Matip Tsimikas

Thiago Henderson Ox

Jota Firmino Mane
      YNWA_Mastery
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts | 19 
      Reply #450: May 15, 2022 10:03:27 pm
      City's luck in addition to their filthy money really pisses me off. The year we lost by a point Kompany hits that scorcher from far outside the box to basically win them the league. I believe that was the same year Salah had a 50/50 on the goal line and somehow the City defender cleared it. Then this year the most obvious of hand balls against City does not get called vs Everton late in the game where they would have drawn.

Nothing can or will stop us.  Mark my words.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #451: May 15, 2022 10:07:25 pm
      It’s 3 days not 2 Tadders.  ;D

It’s called victim of your own success, what a great position to be in, granted it’s a lot but would you prefer not to be in them? Be happy your still in them and knowing what’s on the horizon if all goes to plan.

I’d swap shoes with you any day to be in this position.

Fair point Keith.

It is showing on our lads I think as the amount of games in short spaces of time will take its toll but I'm sure they'd rather that than being out of everything.

Today's result might just give them the boost needed though.

We have to go relatively strong for this as we have to get three points and at least leave it to the last game as you just never know.

glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,753 posts | 460 
      Reply #452: May 15, 2022 10:11:41 pm
      When was the last time Ox played? Him and Mimo are completely out of the picture lately.

I could swear the last time Ox played was the game where he pulled a facial expression after being subbed??
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #453: May 15, 2022 10:14:27 pm
      Fair point Keith.

It is showing on our lads I think as the amount of games in short spaces of time will take its toll but I'm sure they'd rather that than being out of everything.

Today's result might just give them the boost needed though.

We have to go relatively strong for this as we have to get three points and at least leave it to the last game as you just never know.

It’s now a must to go strong given the circumstances, had City of won your reserves would of been playing the saints.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #454: May 15, 2022 10:16:03 pm
      When was the last time Ox played? Him and Mimo are completely out of the picture lately.

I could swear the last time Ox played was the game where he pulled a facial expression after being subbed??

Simply not good enough Glen, especially Ox, so overrated by many in the passed.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #455: May 15, 2022 10:23:34 pm
      The result today means we have a slim chance. I don’t think many of us are expecting city to blow it in their last game at home but you never know. Suddenly Tuesdays game has an edge to it when perhaps it was gonna be a dead rubber of a match.

I still think Klopp will ring the changes though, you’d think Salah and Virg are out as well as Fab. I think Milner and Bobby will come in, maybe even Gomez and Jones too. I know many will say go your strongest side but you have to factor in fitness and also the risk you run of putting more players out for the final
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2022 10:02:50 am by Scottbot »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #456: May 15, 2022 10:26:26 pm
      The result today means we have a slim chance. I don’t think many of us are expecting city to blow it in their last game at home but you never know. Suddenly Tuesdays game has an edge to it when perhaps it was gonna be a dead rubber of a match.

I still think Klopp will ring the changes though, you’d think Salah are out as well as Fab. I think Milner and Bobby will come in, maybe even Gomez and Jones too. I know many will say go your strongest side but you have to factor in fitness and also the risk you run of putting more players out for the final

Yea we'll still make changes but it'll be a strong side mate.

Like you I think it's likely City will win next weekend but you never know and we have to go into that game with a chance.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #457: May 15, 2022 10:37:35 pm
      Would of thought Wednesday would of been  a fairer date

Anything to do with the Europa League final?

Prem games this week Mon, Tues and Thurs.
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #458: May 15, 2022 10:51:52 pm
      Anything to do with the Europa League final?

Prem games this week Mon, Tues and Thurs.

Odd seeing as neither team involved unless a rule no domestic games allowed just can't see why
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,096 posts | 83 
      Reply #459: May 15, 2022 10:58:57 pm

Ox is history, as well as Minamino and Origi. But Harvey is not and he also didn't play a minute in serious games since forever. That is more worrying if you ask me. But I hope Jürgen is just very careful with Elliott, knowing his very young age.

Quick Reply