Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The title run in

Read 42718 times
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Re: The title run in
      Reply #46: Apr 20, 2022 09:12:02 pm
      City 1 up v Brighton just
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,565 posts | 391 
      Reply #47: Apr 20, 2022 09:45:26 pm
      magnificent performance from Brighton. ONE F***ing shot. its best to just expect nothing from everyone otherwise it just wrecks your head.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #48: Apr 20, 2022 09:48:03 pm
      I’m half hopeful of a good performance from Leeds they seem to have turned it around last few games and play attacking football.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #49: Apr 20, 2022 09:58:11 pm
      Frustrating to see City cruise to another 3 points. That Sanchez lad in goal for Brighton is proper sh*te.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 279 
      Reply #50: Apr 20, 2022 10:03:00 pm
      Leeds, West Ham and Wolves are their away games, there's a slight chance . We need to just keep winning and be ready if the slip up comes . If I'm honest I can't see it happening but I'll keep hoping.
      The CL is our big chance of glory I think. Number 7 would be amazing
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,170 posts | 520 
      Reply #51: Apr 20, 2022 10:03:35 pm
      magnificent performance from Brighton. ONE f**king shot. its best to just expect nothing from everyone otherwise it just wrecks your head.

Know what you mean.
      It's the hope that kills you fella.

Didn't think Brighton would do much at the Emptyhad.
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #52: Apr 20, 2022 10:07:56 pm
      I’m half hopeful of a good performance from Leeds they seem to have turned it around last few games and play attacking football.

And also notoriously open at the back . They will at least have a go but to no avail
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 279 
      Reply #53: Apr 20, 2022 10:15:18 pm
      City have had some dodgy wins this season at Arsenal and home to Wolves not to mention that shocking non handball decision at Everton...horrible club
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,239 posts | 2817 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #54: Apr 20, 2022 11:01:35 pm
      They are top by virtue of a very poor call going their way, i believe that will come back on them before this season ends.

We just keep doing our part and what will be will be
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #55: Apr 20, 2022 11:07:56 pm
      They’re going to F**k us again! Just have to make sure we F**k them in the champions league
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1394 
      Reply #56: Apr 20, 2022 11:26:04 pm
      Everton next up and we know Lampard doesn't respect us so I expect his orders will be "rip into them". But we can't kick back and end up 10v10. This could easily be the hardest of our run in.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #57: Apr 20, 2022 11:37:39 pm
      And also notoriously open at the back . They will at least have a go but to no avail

Different now under Marsch. They don't have the individual quality, especially in defence, but there's no man to man stuff, it's all about pressing and being compact. And they have that fierce crowd behind them, so there's some hope there.

Made it a policy to never look at a City score until the game is over. Save yourself that suspense followed by the kick in the balls disappointment.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,796 posts | 464 
      Reply #58: Apr 20, 2022 11:53:31 pm
      “Made it a policy to never look at a City score until the game is over. Save yourself that suspense followed by the kick in the balls disappointment.”

Great advice, I will do that, cause at the end of the first half today and I saw the score city 0 - Brighton 0, I was hopeful for a Brighton win.
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #59: Apr 20, 2022 11:56:23 pm
      Different now under Marsch. They don't have the individual quality, especially in defence, but there's no man to man stuff, it's all about pressing and being compact. And they have that fierce crowd behind them, so there's some hope there.

Made it a policy to never look at a City score until the game is over. Save yourself that suspense followed by the kick in the balls disappointment.

One clean sheet behind him doesn't change my view I am afraid.  West Ham are biggest hope I think or even Wolves
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #60: Apr 21, 2022 12:06:43 am
      One clean sheet behind him doesn't change my view I am afraid.  West Ham are biggest hope I think or even Wolves

West Ham I would have hope for, except they face city just three days before a possible Europa league final so I doubt Moyes will go full strength.
      For me, the best hope is wolves away and Newcastle at home for some reason.
      That being said, we still need to be near perfect to pip them.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #61: Apr 21, 2022 06:41:34 am
      I’m sat here smiling at all you guys keeping tabs on what City do, yes admittedly I will look out for updates from their games but not actually watching them play, we all know what we would like, them dropping points but I’m not wrecking my head thinking it will happen this game or that, then if it doesn’t, feel deflated, that’s a self torture for me,

It’s what Brian said, whatever will be, will be, we have no control of the buffoons at Stockley park, nor of the ineptitude of our referees, and definitely not what other clubs can or cannot do, of course we can speculate and hope but if it is going to happen it will, my old granny used to say, ‘if it it’s meant for you it won’t pass you by’ and that’s how I look at it,

If someone said to you at the start of the season that we would win the league cup, be in the final of the FA  cup, semi final of the CL, and take the league down to the wire and within a point, you would all be jizzin in yer pants, whatever happens, happens, we’ve had a absolutely fantastic season come what May, and next season we get to do it all over again,

All we can do is keep winning and next up is Blueshite, win that & move on, like I said I will look out for others results but no way am i going to beat myself up if if they do go my way !!

Other News……

Yesterday I had a appt with ENT, they shoved a camera up my snoz to see what was there, and I’m clear, the tumour has been totally nuked, the radiation has worked, there is however another lump but they believe it to be scar tissue, but they are going to take a biopsy to make sure, so it’s looking very good as far as being cancer free, but I’m not going to celebrate just yet until I’m officially in remission, so I want to thank all of you very very much for having my back, I wish I could meet you all and shake your hands, the support has at times been overwhelming,
      We see now and again how fans of this club show compassion for others, like the ovation for Ronaldo on Tuesday, we truly have the best fans in the world, I can vouch for that, so thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you for your support the last 10 months, fully appreciated. ❤️ You guys 😁

Y  N  W  A
      +12
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #62: Apr 21, 2022 06:45:11 am
      I’m sat here smiling at all you guys keeping tabs on what City do, yes admittedly I will look out for updates from their games but not actually watching them play, we all know what we would like, them dropping points but I’m not wrecking my head thinking it will happen this game or that, then if it doesn’t, feel deflated, that’s a self torture for me,

It’s what Brian said, whatever will be, will be, we have no control of the buffoons at Stockley park, nor of the ineptitude of our referees, and definitely not what other clubs can or cannot do, of course we can speculate and hope but if it is going to happen it will, my old granny used to say, ‘if it it’s meant for you it won’t pass you by’ and that’s how I look at it,

If someone said to you at the start of the season that we would win the league cup, be in the final of the FA  cup, semi final of the CL, and take the league down to the wire and within a point, you would all be jizzin in yer pants, whatever happens, happens, we’ve had a absolutely fantastic season come what May, and next season we get to do it all over again,

All we can do is keep winning and next up is Blueshite, win that & move on, like I said I will look out for others results but no way am i going to beat myself up if if they don’t go my way !!

Other News……

Yesterday I had a appt with ENT, they shoved a camera up my snoz to see what was there, and I’m clear, the tumour has been totally nuked, the radiation has worked, there is however another lump but they believe it to be scar tissue, but they are going to take a biopsy to make sure, so it’s looking very good as far as being cancer free, but I’m not going to celebrate just yet until I’m officially in remission, so I want to thank all of you very very much for having my back, I wish I could meet you all and shake your hands, the support has at times been overwhelming,
      We see now and again how fans of this club show compassion for others, like the ovation for Ronaldo on Tuesday, we truly have the best fans in the world, I can vouch for that, so thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you for your support the last 10 months, fully appreciated. ❤️ You guys 😁

Y  N  W  A
      +24
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,975 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #63: Apr 21, 2022 06:55:45 am

We see now and again how fans of this club show compassion for others, like the ovation for Ronaldo on Tuesday, we truly have the best fans in the world, I can vouch for  that, so thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you for your support the last 10 months, fully appreciated. ❤️ You guys 😁

Y  N  W  A

Hope you was clapping from your armchair Billy.  :f_whistle:
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 102 
      Reply #64: Apr 21, 2022 08:24:45 am
      They are top by virtue of a very poor call going their way, i believe that will come back on them before this season ends.

I remember at the time a lot of people agreed that they would get an important decision by a Ref AGAINT them in recompense...Im still waiting on that.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #65: Apr 21, 2022 08:32:48 am
      Probably 80:20 in City's favour given the run ins but you never know, City have dropped points this season against weaker teams whilst having an excellent record against the bigger teams.

One thing is for sure though, we can't afford to drop any points if we're to pip them to it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #66: Apr 21, 2022 09:06:20 am
      Hope you was clapping from your armchair Billy.  :f_whistle:

:lmao:
      It’s the only doze of the clap I’m ever likely to get these days Keith !! :lmao:

ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #67: Apr 21, 2022 09:11:02 am

Me feels I have the power to change the results in our favour if I monitor all Liverpool and City matches enough. If we do not achieve the desired outcome, it's probably because I didn't monitor or worry enough!

That said, SG and Aston Villa both have more power to determine the final outcome than me I must say...
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #68: Apr 21, 2022 09:28:21 am

Other News……

Y  N  W  A

Brilliant news mate.

Quick Reply