Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

The title run in

Read 42099 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Re: The title run in
      Reply #483: May 16, 2022 03:57:15 pm
      Unfortunately they have KDB who is just absolute world class and you just know he’s going to score / create the chances they need to win.

We can only hope they have one of those games where the ball just doesn’t go in
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #484: May 16, 2022 04:18:20 pm
      I’m not letting myself get too hopeful until we have tomorrows 3 points, then it’s down to the final day and who knows what could happen? Who outside Liverpool would have thought we’d even be in this position at the start of the season? Some people were even saying we’d struggle for 4th… yet here we are taking City to the wire while playing every single possible game we could have played this season… remarkable.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,878 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #485: May 16, 2022 05:30:05 pm
      I’m not letting myself get too hopeful until we have tomorrows 3 points, then it’s down to the final day and who knows what could happen? Who outside Liverpool would have thought we’d even be in this position at the start of the season? Some people were even saying we’d struggle for 4th… yet here we are taking City to the wire while playing every single possible game we could have played this season… remarkable.

Who inside Liverpool thought you'd be in the running for Quads.   ;D
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Reply #486: May 16, 2022 05:44:14 pm
      Whatever happens now, this is just unreal.  What a treat for us as Liverpool fans. To all the players manager backroom staff fans, I thank you for the journey.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #487: May 16, 2022 05:50:52 pm

although you have been here for sometime you really dont get it. Our philosophy generally is hope for the best but expect the worst.
      We dont expect anything and everything is a bonus.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,993 posts | 518 
      Reply #488: May 16, 2022 06:17:16 pm
      There is full strength on paper but you have to factor in fitness. Hendo, Thiago, Trent and Mane played the full 120 on Saturday. Would you start them tomorrow night? I would prefer that we didn't, i'd have faith in Milner, Jones, Gomez and Bobby to come in for these lads. I'd prefer we play players who are 100% fit and able to play with typical Klopp high energy, also the risk of one of these players getting injured should they play is much increased given the minutes they played on Saturday.

We can beat Saints with the squad we have.

Agreed. With Fab a doubt for the CL final, an injury to Hendo in particular would be disastrous. Plus, 2 days recovery time means most of the guys who started on Saturday will still be knackered tomorrow. I'd rotate heavily tomorrow - bring in Gomez for Trent, Kostas for Robbo, a midfield of Milner, Jones and either Elliot or Ox. Divock, Bobby and Minamino up front.

If we win tomorrow, then go full strength on Sunday, cos there'll have been some decent recovery time by then. But playing our keys guys tomorrow after only 2 days recovery (from a 120 minute game for some of them) would be asking for injuries.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #489: May 16, 2022 07:19:20 pm
      The hope is that a draw would be enough for us to get the title after we win out. No way City loses at home against a meh Villa. Add Stevie and the tension of an all-or-nothing game and it's a 10% chance - yes, City is that good and strong and determined that I do not see the odds better.

This is the reason why I'd advice Klopp to focus more on the CL Final because that is actually in our hands. Even if Jürgen rotates heavily we'll feature a team that will be more than capable of beating the Saints. Sometimes you have to prioritize, else you end up emptyhanded because you wanted too much.

p.s. It is odd that even a loss of City would not have changed anything bc they own the goal difference.

Shithouse! Dare to F***ing dream lad!!

You would of well been trying to get a taxi outside the Attaturk at HT.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #490: May 16, 2022 07:20:27 pm

Back in August, no one bar Klopp!!

You've got to have that tiny dream of what could be.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #491: May 16, 2022 07:23:03 pm
      All is not lost. We're mathematically still in it and there's every chance of the league title. One foul, one red card, could swing the whole match in Stevie's favour. Let's just win out last two matches. With hope in our hearts.

Whoever says "I can't see City dropping points" is their own opinion and me opinion of them would be a wum.

Or just staring at the cold hard facts, realistically I'm thinking it's City's

But that beating F***ing Scouse heart is still screaming "we can F***ing do this"
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,878 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #492: May 16, 2022 07:41:16 pm
      although you have been here for sometime you really dont get it. Our philosophy generally is hope for the best but expect the worst.
      We dont expect anything and everything is a bonus.

Wasn't a dig Walt its just that id never think anyone could do a 4 timer pre season.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,878 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #493: May 16, 2022 07:43:07 pm
      Back in August, no one bar Klopp!!

You've got to have that tiny dream of what could be.

Agree dreaming keeps us all in hope.   :)
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 713 
      Reply #494: May 16, 2022 10:18:20 pm
      Imagine we beat Southhampton. Last day of the season, we're beating Wolves 2-0 at half-time and Villa City are 0-0 at half time.

Suddenly it's getting a little nervy  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #495: May 16, 2022 10:36:03 pm
      Imagine we beat Southhampton. Last day of the season, we're beating Wolves 2-0 at half-time and Villa City are 0-0 at half time.

Suddenly it's getting a little nervy  ;D

Extend that to 89 mins and I can see defibs all over the place to the amount of heart murmurs everyone will be suffering.
      YNWA_Mastery
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts | 19 
      Reply #496: May 16, 2022 10:47:02 pm
      Agreed. With Fab a doubt for the CL final, an injury to Hendo in particular would be disastrous. Plus, 2 days recovery time means most of the guys who started on Saturday will still be knackered tomorrow. I'd rotate heavily tomorrow - bring in Gomez for Trent, Kostas for Robbo, a midfield of Milner, Jones and either Elliot or Ox. Divock, Bobby and Minamino up front.

If we win tomorrow, then go full strength on Sunday, cos there'll have been some decent recovery time by then. But playing our keys guys tomorrow after only 2 days recovery (from a 120 minute game for some of them) would be asking for injuries.

I think there is some truth to this.  We could also play the first half with some of those rotations and then see where we are at and f needed bring on.  I would also be open to resting some of our front 3 once we get e.g. 2 - 0 up at Southampton.

One point needs restating - we are only 3 games away from winning something utterly unprecedented if Stevie G draws with City.   

IT IS THAT SIMPLE >>> YNWA
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #497: May 16, 2022 10:51:46 pm
      Extend that to 89 mins and I can see defibs all over the place to the amount of heart murmurs everyone will be suffering.

I have 911 on speed dial just in case .
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #498: May 17, 2022 08:04:00 am
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #499: May 17, 2022 10:25:24 am

Is probably what will happen tonight.

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #500: May 17, 2022 05:26:04 pm
      This is true, I went to school with him.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #501: May 17, 2022 06:57:31 pm
      After 120 minutes and only 2 full days between games there will have to be rotation, but the team should still be strong enough for a win.

Alisson
      Gomez Rhys Matip Kostas
                     Milner
           Elliott           Jones
      Taki        Bobby       Jota

Ha ha ha ha F***ing take it back 🤭🤭
      bobbyrogers
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #502: May 17, 2022 09:11:09 pm
      7 games to go. 1 point gap

The games left

Liverpool:

Man u home
      Everton home
      Newcastle away
      Spurs home
      villa away
      souton away
      wolves home

Man city:

Brighton home
      watford home
      leeds away
      newcastle home
      west ham away
      Villa home

And a game v wolves in there somewhere to

No question ours looks tougher in black and white, though we all know it never works that way.

As it stands the only game I see city maybe dropping points is away to west ham. We would likely gave to win all our 7 anyway, which though possible is a big ask.

How do you see it playing out. Do you see a few twists and turns still to come into play?

We can still do it.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #503: May 17, 2022 09:56:51 pm
      This is true, I went to school with him.

Hey, we were fellow schoolmates then! It’s true, Michel rarely gets it wrong. We can attest to that.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #504: May 17, 2022 09:58:00 pm
      Get the fuk in, fukin awesome bas**rds sqaud is fukin brilliant taki is the bollox
       🤣😜
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,197 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #505: May 17, 2022 10:02:26 pm
      The biggest problem this season was drawing both games with City, Chelsea and Spurs win one of those games and the title would have been ours

Quick Reply