Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The title run in

Read 41336 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      The title run in
      Apr 11, 2022 11:52:14 am
      7 games to go. 1 point gap

The games left

Liverpool:

Man u home
      Everton home
      Newcastle away
      Spurs home
      villa away
      souton away
      wolves home

Man city:

Brighton home
      watford home
      leeds away
      newcastle home
      west ham away
      Villa home

And a game v wolves in there somewhere to

No question ours looks tougher in black and white, though we all know it never works that way.

As it stands the only game I see city maybe dropping points is away to west ham. We would likely gave to win all our 7 anyway, which though possible is a big ask.

How do you see it playing out. Do you see a few twists and turns still to come into play?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: The title run in
      Reply #1: Apr 11, 2022 11:57:13 am

The games left

Liverpool:

Man u home
      Everton home
      Newcastle away
      Spurs home
      villa away
      souton away
      wolves home

Man city:

Brighton home
      watford home
      leeds away
      newcastle home
      west ham away
      Villa home

No question ours looks tougher in black and white, though we all know it never works that way.

As it stands the only game I see city maybe dropping points is away to west ham. We would likely gave to win all our 7 anyway, which though possible is a big ask.

How do you see it playing out. Do you see a few twists and turns still to come into play?

I think they will drop points a draw somewhere like they already have done, especially if they have to play us in champions league semi final.

But we could easily have a draw here or there too. :(
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2: Apr 11, 2022 11:57:43 am
      It will go down to last few games which will be fun.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #3: Apr 11, 2022 01:17:37 pm

The games left

Liverpool:

Man u home
      Everton home
      Newcastle away
      Spurs home
      villa away
      souton away
      wolves home

Man city:

Brighton home
      watford home
      leeds away
      newcastle home
      west ham away
      Villa home

For me we have to win all our games.

I can see City dropping points at either Leeds or Wolves. They will be too strong in their home games.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #4: Apr 11, 2022 03:13:37 pm
      What’s interesting for us is that our away games are against teams with little to play for so they may express themselves more which could suit us.
      And our home games are against big rivals so the atmosphere could kick us on.

City have the easier fixtures. But I would say their away fixtures are potentially trickier than ours. Can’t see many problems at home for them though. But you never know. Watford are fighting for their lives. Brighton look good when they have a ‘good’ day. Newcastle might want to show that there is a new power in town. And villa will go into the last game with nothing to lose and coutinho and Gerrard with an old score to settle.

But all we can do is get as many points as possible and then hope.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #5: Apr 11, 2022 03:28:08 pm
      Steven Gerrard finally wins the League for Liverpool.

Liverpool Football Club were crowned English champions for the 20th time yesterday afternoon after they beat Wolves and their rivals Manchester City suffered a shock one-nil defeat to Aston Villa. The same Aston Villa who just a few weeks ago tamely submitted to Liverpool in an embarrassing 8-0 defeat. A game Liverpool manager, Jürgen Klopp, said exorcised some of the demons of the 7-2 humiliation the Reds suffered at the hands of Villa last year.

And because of Villa's win in Manchester, former Liverpool captain and all-time great can finally say he won the League for Liverpool. The League title was the only trophy to elude Gerrard in his near two decade career in the Liverpool first team. But now he's done it. He's guided his new team to a famous victory and one that all Liverpool fans, Gerrard included, will celebrate for many years to come.

Gerrard wasn't the only one doing his boyhood club favours yesterday though because lifelong Aston Villa fan and hundred million pound signing, Jack Grealish, also helped out his old club by scoring the only goal of the game. Unfortunately for Jack it was at the wrong end as his misplaced pass ended up wrong footing Ederson in the Man City goal and trickling over the line, in what proved to be the decisive goal in this monumental title challenge.

Liverpool themselves did all they could to put pressure on City with a convincing four nil win over Wolves with their captain and former Liverpool player Conor Coady picking up all four assists for the Reds.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #6: Apr 11, 2022 04:06:44 pm

Liverpool Football Club were crowned English champions for the 20th time yesterday afternoon after they beat Wolves and their rivals Manchester City suffered a shock one-nil defeat to Aston Villa. The same Aston Villa who just a few weeks ago tamely submitted to Liverpool in an embarrassing 8-0 defeat. A game Liverpool manager, Jürgen Klopp, said exorcised some of the demons of the 7-2 humiliation the Reds suffered at the hands of Villa last year.

And because of Villa's win in Manchester, former Liverpool captain and all-time great can finally say he won the League for Liverpool. The League title was the only trophy to elude Gerrard in his near two decade career in the Liverpool first team. But now he's done it. He's guided his new team to a famous victory and one that all Liverpool fans, Gerrard included, will celebrate for many years to come.

Gerrard wasn't the only one doing his boyhood club favours yesterday though because lifelong Aston Villa fan and hundred million pound signing, Jack Grealish, also helped out his old club by scoring the only goal of the game. Unfortunately for Jack it was at the wrong end as his misplaced pass ended up wrong footing Ederson in the Man City goal and trickling over the line, in what proved to be the decisive goal in this monumental title challenge.

Liverpool themselves did all they could to put pressure on City with a convincing four nil win over Wolves with their captain and former Liverpool player Conor Coady picking up all four assists for the Reds.

That would be ace. Would probably go down as one of the biggest fixes since Verstappen and Hamilton last year but I would take it!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #7: Apr 11, 2022 04:45:32 pm

This is the one that people have penned in as the "one". I wouldnt be so sure, villa look to have fallen back a bit in recent weeks

West ham, if up for it, might be the one, leeds if they are still looking over their shoulders might cause a shock and get a point.

We just cant drop any
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #8: Apr 11, 2022 10:21:03 pm
      I think they will drop points a draw somewhere like they already have done, especially if they have to play us in champions league semi final.

But we could easily have a draw here or there too. :(

We would only meet in the CL final
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #9: Apr 11, 2022 10:23:59 pm
      Really tough for us, as bad as United and the Ev are they will be inspired against us - though I still think we'll beat them both in closer than expected games. Spurs is very very tough despite being at home and Wolves are defensive masters. Pessimistic now about our chances for the title. One more trophy, wherever it comes, and I'd be happy. Competing with a state run club takes it's toll especially when they have the best (pure) coach in the world.

City have Wolves, West Ham and Leeds - maybe one of those could stop them? When they've dropped poinyts this season it has been against teams they are expected to beat.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #10: Apr 12, 2022 08:36:49 am
      We would only meet in the CL final

Thats true my bad. I keep getting that mixed up. ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #11: Apr 12, 2022 08:48:57 am
      Really tough for us, as bad as United and the Ev are they will be inspired against us - though I still think we'll beat them both in closer than expected games. Spurs is very very tough despite being at home and Wolves are defensive masters. Pessimistic now about our chances for the title. One more trophy, wherever it comes, and I'd be happy. Competing with a state run club takes it's toll especially when they have the best (pure) coach in the world.

City have Wolves, West Ham and Leeds - maybe one of those could stop them? When they've dropped poinyts this season it has been against teams they are expected to beat.

‘Best pure’ what the F**k is that?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12: Apr 12, 2022 09:31:24 am
      Realistically, City win all 7 of those games. We are just as capable of winning all 7 of our games too. City have that advantage, and the form of KDB at the moment is carrying them through IMO. If they are to drop points anywhere then it's because he's not on his game that day.

This is going to be tense.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #13: Apr 12, 2022 09:50:42 am
      ‘Best pure’ what the f**k is that?

Wondering that too. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #14: Apr 12, 2022 09:52:12 am
      If city get knocked out of champions league this week, they will win the league.

So come on city knock that ugly Athletico out please. ;D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #15: Apr 12, 2022 11:48:03 am
      The reality is, city could draw against any of their remaining opponents. We’ve seen it before against the lesser sides. Park the bus, have the occasional forage forward on the counter, just to give them something to think about, then shitty with 70% possession snd 20 odd attempts on goal, just fail to score 🤷‍♂️
      It won’t be the first time, but it could also happen to us !
      Depends who the football gods are smiling down on 😂
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #16: Apr 12, 2022 12:18:13 pm
      The reality is, city could draw against any of their remaining opponents. We’ve seen it before against the lesser sides. Park the bus, have the occasional forage forward on the counter, just to give them something to think about, then shitty with 70% possession snd 20 odd attempts on goal, just fail to score 🤷‍♂️
      It won’t be the first time, but it could also happen to us !
      Depends who the football gods are smiling down on 😂

The “football gods “ are going to play a important role in these last games remaining, that I am sure of.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #17: Apr 12, 2022 03:40:19 pm
      Really tough for us, as bad as United and the Ev are they will be inspired against us - though I still think we'll beat them

Couldn't ask for a better week.

Give both of them a hiding and I might need a new liver :laugh:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #18: Apr 13, 2022 12:34:16 am
      Take it one game at a time

and hope City lose or drop points in every game at a time.  :D
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #19: Apr 14, 2022 08:30:35 am
      We are mathematically still in it. We need to be perfect in wins while City has to be imperfect hereon.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #20: Apr 14, 2022 08:44:58 am
      If de bruyne missed a game for them Id be certain they would drop 2 points
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #21: Apr 14, 2022 08:52:50 am
      Hearing from a citeeeee pal of mine that they picked up a couple of injuries last night. ;D
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #22: Apr 14, 2022 09:09:47 am
      If de bruyne missed a game for them Id be certain they would drop 2 points

We may be about to find out. But they've plenty of match winners and goal scorers. Someone always pops up.

Assuming we make it through our semi against villareal we are all that stands between City and the treble and they are all that stands between us and the quad.

Quick Reply