Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The title run in

Read 41361 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: The title run in
      Reply #23: Apr 14, 2022 10:18:16 am
      Obviously they had to battle to get through last night. Looks like KDB and Walker could be a doubt for Sundee. Foden picked up a knock as well. And although we only drew it wasn't a high intensity game.

Trying to win the Champions league could undermine their title ambitions. Although they have a 1 point lead and on paper a slightly easier run in I think they are not necessarily favourites.

Us away at Newcastle and them away at Leeds...Us away to Southampton and them away at West Ham are the fixtures I would pick out that could be decisive.

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #24: Apr 14, 2022 01:55:16 pm
      Any updates on KDB?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #25: Apr 14, 2022 02:07:09 pm

Yep he still looks like Tintin
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #26: Apr 14, 2022 02:07:12 pm

out of the cup game seemingly
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #27: Apr 14, 2022 03:38:00 pm

I heard the same, but was quick diagnosis. Seemed to walk down the tunnel ok. May just be false news. we'll see eh.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #28: Apr 15, 2022 08:20:54 am
      I heard the same, but was quick diagnosis. Seemed to walk down the tunnel ok. May just be false news. we'll see eh.

could be, but I fancy he will bench a lot of players that started the other night anyway.

Amazing recovered Super sub KDB.  ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #29: Apr 16, 2022 08:00:52 pm
      Loving this season and the multiple title runs, but our fixture list is pure madness.

From the official site:

"Liverpool's Premier League trip to Southampton next month will be rearranged.

The match at St Mary’s was scheduled to take place on Sunday May 15, but a new date is required after the Reds advanced to the Emirates FA Cup final, which will be held at Wembley on Saturday May 14.

Updated fixture details for the clash with Southampton will be confirmed on Liverpoolfc.com in due course."
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #30: Apr 16, 2022 08:03:12 pm
      Loving this season and the multiple title runs, but our fixture list is pure madness.

From the official site:

The match at St Mary’s was scheduled to take place on Sunday May 15, but a new date is required after the Reds advanced to the Emirates FA Cup final, which will be held at Wembley on Saturday May 14.

Updated fixture details for the clash with Southampton will be confirmed on Liverpoolfc.com in due course."

17/18 May it will have to be I think. We will be playing every midweek until the season is finished.

Wouldn't have it any other way!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #31: Apr 16, 2022 11:46:05 pm

From the official site:

That’s what happens when you’re on a run mate
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #32: Apr 16, 2022 11:53:02 pm
      That’s what happens when you’re on a run mate

Simply a price you pay for being so successful !
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,611 posts | 365 
      Reply #33: Apr 17, 2022 03:02:38 pm
      The schedule is mad now really isn't it. It would take something out of this world to go on and win every game from now on. United and Everton next when City have a couple of gimmies in the same period.

Mental but as people have said the price of success.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #34: Apr 17, 2022 03:14:23 pm
      The schedule is mad now really isn't it. It would take something out of this world to go on and win every game from now on. United and Everton next when City have a couple of gimmies in the same period.

Mental but as people have said the price of success.

No other games you'd rather have.

Man U and Everton at home within the same week. There are seasons gone by where we would of groaned about that scheduling.

I just say now bring it on you cu*ts. With this team couldn't ask for anything better at Anfield.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #35: Apr 17, 2022 03:58:53 pm
      Had a look at the fixtures/potential fixtures a few weeks ago.

April is just an absolutely mad month if you are still going for everything, you can literally be starting the month on for a quadruple and finish it and be out of everything.

Massive pressured games and we seem to just churn out results, mentality monsters!
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #36: Apr 17, 2022 06:14:37 pm
      Shitting ell it's the mancs next and that almost feels like an anti-climax after a Euro quarter final and 2 bug games with City. Interested to see the team for this one. You'd figure Hendo, Milner, Jota, Bobby and Matip will all start. Am hoping he sticks with Trent at FB, Gomez has done alright but against better opposition we need TAA in there. Every game is massive. Simply have to win everyone of them to stand a chance and keep the pressure up on city.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #37: Apr 17, 2022 09:16:42 pm
      ‘Best pure’ what the f**k is that?

Maybe a bad choice of word, but meaning City attempt to win games with total control of the ball. It's not the same style but it's what we did in the late 80's. This Liverpool team is a possession based team too, and we win like that, but we also press teams into making mistakes, so we really have more strings to our bow. We look for mistakes, we position players in anticipation of errors, To the purest I expect this to feel uglier, is what I meant. Like producing perfection, and us then waiting for moments in the game where they fail to reach perfection and we kill them for it. It looked like that with Dortmund and Bayern in the Klopp Pep days, and there are parallels now.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #38: Apr 18, 2022 02:28:10 am
      Maybe a bad choice of word, but meaning City attempt to win games with total control of the ball. It's not the same style but it's what we did in the late 80's. This Liverpool team is a possession based team too, and we win like that, but we also press teams into making mistakes, so we really have more strings to our bow. We look for mistakes, we position players in anticipation of errors, To the purest I expect this to feel uglier, is what I meant. Like producing perfection, and us then waiting for moments in the game where they fail to reach perfection and we kill them for it. It looked like that with Dortmund and Bayern in the Klopp Pep days, and there are parallels now.

Yeah, with the Dortmund/ Bayern conflicts, can you imagine how pep felt when he first heard Jürgen was linked to us ?
      It must have been like ….. ‘Oh sh*t, and I thought I had this league sown up’ 😂😂😂😂😂
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #39: Apr 18, 2022 08:14:50 am
      I'm fairly certain we thump the mancs and the bitters and Potter does a number on Pep.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #40: Apr 18, 2022 09:36:09 am
      When will we squeeze Southampton in? Likely the midweek between the FA cup final and Wolves?

This is an epic season but fook me it cant be easy for the players
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #41: Apr 18, 2022 09:51:46 am
      When will we squeeze Southampton in? Likely the midweek between the FA cup final and Wolves?

This is an epic season but fook me it cant be easy for the players

Still got a full squad to rotate, so think we can cope.

unlike city who seem to be picking up injuries and according to some journos have a rubbish squad now.  :lmao:
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #42: Apr 19, 2022 10:19:17 pm
      I’m hoping West Ham lose in the semi of their Europa league tie.
      I think if they win they will face city 3 days before the Europa league final so no doubt Moyes will play his U18 squad (and rightly so).
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #43: Apr 19, 2022 10:20:39 pm
      I’m hoping West Ham lose in the semi of their Europa league tie.
      I think if they win they will face city 3 days before the Europa league final so no doubt Moyes will play his U18 squad (and rightly so).

you need to chill mate and get behind Jürgen and the Boys they want our support and they deserve our total support
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #44: Apr 20, 2022 09:40:14 am
      FYI.

We mathematically confirmed top 4 finish this season last night. Not that it was ever in doubt, just a cool thing considering 6 games to go, and for so many years it was a battle till the last game. ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #45: Apr 20, 2022 08:58:29 pm

Quick Reply