Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

The title run in

Read 44362 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Re: The title run in
      Reply #207: May 08, 2022 07:39:07 pm
      A 4 goal difference isn't something I'm remotely worried about when you take into account the number of goals we've scored this season. If it was nearer 10 then yeah, but 4 can easily be turned around.

I’m sorry but I can’t see it, they don’t even have a striker and have a better goal difference. It’s insane.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2871 
      Reply #208: May 08, 2022 07:41:22 pm
      If GD is a factor there will be a natural swing of at least two anyway (if City lose by a goal and we win that corresponding game by a goal) so there will still be two to make up, possibly three as they are ahead on goals scored too. Will need to win one of our last three in a big way and hope City don't do the same somewhere else.

Just feels a bit too much needs to fall in place now, especially considering we've got a cup final right in the middle of it all.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #209: May 08, 2022 08:08:14 pm
      I’m sorry but I can’t see it, they don’t even have a striker and have a better goal difference. It’s insane.

I think earlier on in the season their GD was something like 15+ what ours was around the time they were thumping 7 past the likes of Leeds and we soon turned it around. GD is something I will be more concerned about if we are 4 behind with 1 game left, but 3 games that amount can easily reverse.

But it's pointless even considering GD until they lose a game/draw 2. Until then, it's irrellevent.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #210: May 08, 2022 08:16:27 pm
      I think earlier on in the season their GD was something like 15+ what ours was around the time they were thumping 7 past the likes of Leeds and we soon turned it around. GD is something I will be more concerned about if we are 4 behind with 1 game left, but 3 games that amount can easily reverse.

But it's pointless even considering GD until they lose a game/draw 2. Until then, it's irrellevent.

Mate I’m so F***ing gutted this incredible team is not going to win the league. Next season we have to go all out and be absolutely perfect!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,715 posts | 7164 
      Reply #211: May 08, 2022 08:20:22 pm
      Mate I’m so f**king gutted this incredible team is not going to win the league. Next season we have to go all out and be absolutely perfect!

keep the faith mate its not over yet
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,715 posts | 7164 
      Reply #212: May 08, 2022 09:07:30 pm
      See Pep has spat the dummy saying everyone is supporting Liverpool but they have only won 1 EPL in thirty years how old is he. He is like a spoiled brat which I guess he is really with Mummy and Daddy from DIC giving him lots of pocket money to buy new toys what an arse
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,243 posts | 1112 
      Reply #213: May 08, 2022 09:38:26 pm
      Just keep winning and see what happens. I can bare to miss the league by 3 points if we win a treble ;D.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 762 
      Reply #214: May 08, 2022 10:42:44 pm
      Premier League Defenses when they play City

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #215: May 08, 2022 11:05:24 pm
      So with full rotation vs. Villa we would see:

Ali
      Milner, Gomez, Matip, Tsimikas
      Jones, Keita, Elliott (or Oxlade Chamberlain)
      Jota, Firmino, Origi

Then back to yesterday's starting XI for the Cup final.

I'd be surprised to see that many changes for Villa, especially that midfield, on the other hand this team has played so many games with a few days of each other, that Jürgen may feel the need to gamble with the selection for this match so that he can field a reasonably fresh and strong team for the winner-take-all vs. Chelsea.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #216: May 08, 2022 11:11:50 pm
      Pep has still not won the Champion's league with City, for all their efforts. F**ked up against Real Madrid, whilst we are in another final on a far less budget !
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #217: May 09, 2022 01:19:46 am
      Got well pissed last night/afternoon and just woken up now to see the Echo reporting Pep saying that we have all the history in Europe but have only won one PL in 30 years. Taking the United line now eh? We've got 19 of em lad and we earned every one of them unlike your cheating state owned club. He's a great coach, and I quite like the man, but he made a bad choice to join City.
      murpies
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      Reply #218: May 09, 2022 05:18:09 am
      Pep is desperate to win the EPL as it the only title left😆. Thanks to Diaz equaliser which earn us a point. They also now trying to increase the goal different as they know it will meant a lot when we were  level in the points . Well , We still have FA Cup & Champion League to fight for to get a Treble. 🏆🏆🏆
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #219: May 09, 2022 07:39:48 am
      Pep is desperate to win the EPL as it the only title left😆. Thanks to Diaz equaliser which earn us a point. They also now trying to increase the goal different as they know it will meant a lot when we were  level in the points . Well , We still have FA Cup & Champion League to fight for to get a Treble. 🏆🏆🏆

And the title, it's not lost. Very difficult but not impossible. Stranger things happened.

Come on Reds.
      Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #220: May 09, 2022 08:02:09 am
      I think deep inside Pep is jealous of us and Jürgen. He would like to have our fan base, and not Emptyhad instead, and also to have the glamor of LFC in Europe and around the world. Instead the majority of City fans (outside Manchester) is mostly 15-16 year old lads, who learned about City in the last 5-6 years...
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #221: May 09, 2022 08:17:32 am
      Got well pissed last night/afternoon and just woken up now to see the Echo reporting Pep saying that we have all the history in Europe but have only won one PL in 30 years. Taking the United line now eh? We've got 19 of em lad and we earned every one of them unlike your cheating state owned club. He's a great coach, and I quite like the man, but he made a bad choice to join City.

As brilliant as Pep is, he has a long way to go to be honest. We won't find Jürgen talking down on people "because it's not nice". We've heard it from other fans as well, that Jürgen is "very difficult to dislike" as a person.
      rossyred

• 9,316 posts | 1672 
      Reply #222: May 09, 2022 08:52:34 am
      So with full rotation vs. Villa we would see:

Ali
      Milner, Gomez, Matip, Tsimikas
      Jones, Keita, Elliott (or Oxlade Chamberlain)
      Jota, Firmino, Origi

Then back to yesterday's starting XI for the Cup final.

I'd be surprised to see that many changes for Villa, especially that midfield, on the other hand this team has played so many games with a few days of each other, that Jürgen may feel the need to gamble with the selection for this match so that he can field a reasonably fresh and strong team for the winner-take-all vs. Chelsea.

Would be very surprised with that many changes . Possibly Joe at Rb and Matip . Naby will start and possibly Milner . Firmino will be on bench I would imagine
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #223: May 09, 2022 09:25:32 am
      Just need to beat Villa, put pressure back on them.

Anything can still happen.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,888 posts | 6819 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #224: May 09, 2022 10:11:27 am
      F**k you City!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,715 posts | 7164 
      Reply #225: May 09, 2022 10:44:09 am
      Premier League Defenses when they play City

is this some kind of religious blessing .wtf.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,715 posts | 7164 
      Reply #226: May 09, 2022 10:45:24 am
      Just need to beat Villa, put pressure back on them.

Anything can still happen.

F**k them mate we will do what we do and win lose or draw we will support our team that lot would be playing in front of half empty stadiums once he goes and the money dries up
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #227: May 09, 2022 10:51:38 am
      It's not just a 3 point gap though, it's a 3 point gap with a 4 goal lead.
      Not that significant if we're relying on them to lose 1 game and we need to win all 3.

If they lose 1 game, the goal difference reduces by 1 (assuming a 1 goal defeat for City), if we win the corresponding fixture 2-0, the goal difference between us is only 1.

The hard part is relying on them to lose the 1 game!
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2022 01:23:39 pm by skamp »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #228: May 09, 2022 11:06:47 am

I don't understand why Liverpool fans would swallow up this bullshit.
      They do have a striker, a very good one, in Gabriel Jesus.
      He's scored 6 and assisted 1 in the last 5 PL games for City.
      They've got Sterling, Grealish & Mahrez as attacking options.
      De Bruyne as a 10 with any of those 4 around him.
      Foden has been used in there too.

People buying into the "City don't have the attacking options" narrative can bore off.
      They're that well off they even offloaded Ferran Torres.
      They'll bring Erling Haaland in this summer, by the looks of today's reports.

City do not lack for attacking options.
      They do have a striker.
      In the summer they will spend sickening amounts of money on another one.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #229: May 09, 2022 11:12:09 am
      As brilliant as Pep is, he has a long way to go to be honest. We won't find Jürgen talking down on people "because it's not nice". We've heard it from other fans as well, that Jürgen is "very difficult to dislike" as a person.

I don't think anyone should get in a twist about it, I think he is saying these things to motivate his own players tbh, they were rock bottom mid-week so i think the comments are fairly clever if they help to instil a 'we'll show them all' type of mentality. 

Quick Reply