Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The title run in

Read 41330 times
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Re: The title run in
      Reply #299: May 11, 2022 09:59:50 pm
      5-1 Too easy for them again
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #300: May 11, 2022 10:02:15 pm
      West Ham & Villa…🤔
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #301: May 11, 2022 10:03:40 pm
      I think we are the only squad/team who can stop them next season.
      I don't think Haarland is the right kind of player for them either.
      The problem is we have got to be near perfect next season which is a big ask, if we can just cut out a few of the draws we seem to get then game on we can do it.  YNWA.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #302: May 11, 2022 10:06:21 pm
      Reds, honest question, and no disrespect to the club, do you start giving players some well deserved rest?

To prevent any further Injuries for the European cup final

UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #303: May 11, 2022 10:06:50 pm
      I think we are the only squad/team who can stop them next season.
      I don't think Haarland is the right kind of player for them either.
      The problem is we have got to be near perfect next season which is a big ask, if we can just cut out a few of the draws we seem to get then game on we can do it.  YNWA.

We can do it but what’s scary is if we had drawn the games we lost, we would finish second despite being unbeaten.
      You need to win 31/32 games now for the title.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #304: May 11, 2022 10:07:30 pm
      Reds, honest question, and no disrespect to the club, do you start giving players some well deserved rest?

If they beat West Ham, then yeah.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #305: May 11, 2022 10:07:52 pm
      I have no faith that the “chosen one” has the necessary tools nor  desire to get anything out of their game against City. With the goal difference now they could have this thing wrapped up at West Ham.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #306: May 11, 2022 10:08:41 pm
      Our team oozes passion. Their victories are just clinical, bland.
      Our rivals hate us. They... don't really have rivals because other teams don't really care about them.

They have one rival - Utd and that's for obvious reasons.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #307: May 11, 2022 10:10:37 pm
      Unfortunately he just made up for it.

Then missed another big chance straight after the goal.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #308: May 11, 2022 10:22:55 pm
      They have one rival - Utd and that's for obvious reasons.

It's a derby, so there's obviously some rivalry going on, but it seems really low key. Ask any Utd supporter and they'll say we are their main rival. And maybe even Arsenal and Chelsea before City.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #309: May 11, 2022 10:28:46 pm
      84 assists for KDB. That fcuking sick, no one even close to him.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #310: May 11, 2022 10:33:34 pm

To prevent any further Injuries for the European cup final

7-8 changes at Southampton if they beat West Ham at the weekend.

Then probably close to full strength for Wolves so that we have some rhythm for the Champions League final.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #311: May 11, 2022 10:38:21 pm
      KDB masterclass tonight some player he is.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #312: May 11, 2022 10:44:03 pm

Pretty sure Trent will absolutely destroy that.  ;)
      But I agree, he's phenomenal. Remove KDB and that City team is nothing special (good, but not extraordinary).
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #313: May 11, 2022 10:46:01 pm

he is a good Liverpool supporter. Cracking player never mind Haaland he is a proper player
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #314: May 11, 2022 11:34:35 pm
      It's all over bar the shouting. Even if they lose one game we have to win both and by an 8 goal better goal diff than them. So realistically they have to get just one point from their last two games for us to have any chance.

Chasing them though has helped our cup runs. We can still better them by 3 trophies to 1..
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #315: May 11, 2022 11:43:45 pm
      If they win against West Ham, I would rotate heavily for the last two league games.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #316: May 11, 2022 11:43:53 pm
      KDB masterclass tonight some player he is.

Chelsea couldn't see the potential in him, Mourinho sold him. They made a horlicks of Salah as well.
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2022 12:01:12 am by Harrisimo »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #317: May 12, 2022 02:15:09 am
      The draws against brentford and Brighton are really annoying right now.

And the 2 deflected goals KDB scored, home and away, that both went in off Matip, earning them draws each game!

Not blaming Matip at all but how's that for f**king luck?  :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #318: May 12, 2022 03:26:47 am
      Pretty sure Trent will absolutely destroy that.  ;)
      But I agree, he's phenomenal. Remove KDB and that City team is nothing special (good, but not extraordinary).

Think sky sports news put a post us as that’s where I got my numbers from, the second most assists was Salah on 40+

Their team are on the way to being extraordinary if they continue to buy the way they’re doing. Is this 3 leagues in four years or four in five years ( don’t want to check  :'( )  there close on doing.

Our league is getting like the Scottish league ( a two horse race ) isn’t it? We could both name 1st & 2nd next year already and we’ve yet to finish buying in the summer window.

Many fans outside of Liverpool & City will be saying it’s a waste of time competing with which can now call the BIG 2 and weaken their sides and save them for cup games as the league is already a no no to them.

Sad but true.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #319: May 12, 2022 07:12:37 am
      Think sky sports news put a post us as that’s where I got my numbers from, the second most assists was Salah on 40+

Their team are on the way to being extraordinary if they continue to buy the way they’re doing. Is this 3 leagues in four years or four in five years ( don’t want to check  :'( )  there close on doing.

Our league is getting like the Scottish league ( a two horse race ) isn’t it? We could both name 1st & 2nd next year already and we’ve yet to finish buying in the summer window.

Many fans outside of Liverpool & City will be saying it’s a waste of time competing with which can now call the BIG 2 and weaken their sides and save them for cup games as the league is already a no no to them.

Sad but true.

Think it’s getting worse than that, it’s barely a two horse race. This will be 4 in 5 years and I think 6 in the last 10?

Personally think it’s going to continue and just become like the French league where every title is met with a shrug, literally no one cares, even their players must be bored of it, there’s no achievement in it.

And with the changes to the Champions League I think you’ll see the other top clubs shift their attention to that and just try maintain the necessary position in the league to qualify.

It’s completely devaluing the competition imo and the fact the media don’t mention a peep that it’s all been done through cheating is a joke. Ah well hope that baldy tw*t is watching on 28 May and the subsequent parade!
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #320: May 12, 2022 07:26:04 am
      Well I don't mind  admitting I'm moping around this morning like a big sad baby👶 . I'm gutted that we're gonna end up with over 90 points again and not win it.
      I am however immensely proud and privileged to be witnessing this team and our manager, both possibly the greatest we've had. All attention turns to Saturday I want that FA Cup then well the CL will  trump anything City have achieved this season and we owe Madrid one.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #321: May 12, 2022 07:40:32 am
      Well I don't mind  admitting I'm moping around this morning like a big sad baby👶 . I'm gutted that we're gonna end up with over 90 points again and not win it.
      I am however immensely proud and privileged to be witnessing this team and our manager, both possibly the greatest we've had. All attention turns to Saturday I want that FA Cup then well the CL will  trump anything City have achieved this season and we owe Madrid one.

Me too, absolutely gutted seeing big KDB celebrating on the back of all the papers this morning on a busy tube line. Cu*ts.

Quick Reply