Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The title run in

Read 41337 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: The title run in
      Reply #322: May 12, 2022 07:59:06 am
      Losing the title by a few points and losing Fabinho for possible 2 finals is a F***ing gut wrencher.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #323: May 12, 2022 08:12:47 am
      Yep, we won a tough away game against Villa, which is huge in itself  but we wake up the next day and just feel sh*t!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #324: May 12, 2022 08:17:24 am
      Let's be honest we have done so well to even take it this far after being so far behind. Just hope we use this as extra motivation to win two more cups as would be a travesty to walk away with just Carabou cup .
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #325: May 12, 2022 08:54:55 am
      So long as we win our next league game it goes down to the last game.  Unlikely we still win the league, but u just don't know. West ham could defo take them for a draw.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #326: May 12, 2022 09:05:04 am
      So long as we win our next league game it goes down to the last game.  Unlikely we still win the league, but u just don't know. West ham could defo take them for a draw.

It wouldn,t be the first time we have won the league on the last match of the season.We can still do it, come on you mighty REDS
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #327: May 12, 2022 09:52:52 am
      the fat lady isnt on stage yet. League Cup in the bag FA Cup coming this Saturday and the CL not long after that we have nothing to be remotely negative about and everything to celebrate and all done the right way with hard work and incredible support. COYR YNWA
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #328: May 12, 2022 12:07:57 pm
      I know...I'm certainly not giving up but I stupidly let it get me down...one things for sure though I'm super proud of this team and manager and I'll be in dreamland if we can win a Cup treble
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #329: May 12, 2022 12:53:36 pm
      I know...I'm certainly not giving up but I stupidly let it get me down...one things for sure though I'm super proud of this team and manager and I'll be in dreamland if we can win a Cup treble

Rushie, nothing to get down about mate, 3 finals, one trophy in the bag 2 to go, super proud of this team pushing the limits of endurance & taking a state owned club to the final 2 games..

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #330: May 12, 2022 01:41:46 pm
      Brilliant team, top manager in Jürgen Klopp, what more do we want, a couple more trophies plus we are pushing money bags City all the way in the title race !
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #331: May 12, 2022 02:30:08 pm

Don’t think so Brez. If City win there next game  ( West Ham ) it’s basically all over as their goal difference will be at least +8
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #332: May 12, 2022 03:40:29 pm
      Don’t think so Brez. If City win there next game  ( West Ham ) it’s basically all over as their goal difference will be at least +8

Saints haven’t been beaten 9-0 yet this season and we still have to play them.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #333: May 12, 2022 03:53:26 pm
      Saints haven’t been beaten 9-0 yet this season and we still have to play them.

Yeah course Scott  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #334: May 12, 2022 04:18:01 pm

does a favour and go and be the voice of reason on the depressing UTD thread we still have hope doesn't matter if its just miniscule hope is all you need. Barca, Istanbul etc City coming down with the raging habdabs there is always hope until there is none.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #335: May 12, 2022 04:37:08 pm
      I'll happily settle for 3 trophies if we can , being realistic the Premier title is out of our hands due to teams folding under City ,Really thought Wolves would give them a game ,but sadly not ,F A cup to win next so onwards lads and lets win the second cup of the three we are chasing !
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #336: May 12, 2022 04:57:58 pm

Bristol rovers say otherwise.
      Keep the faith, Keith. I know you would secretly love it if we pipped them!
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #337: May 12, 2022 05:12:50 pm
      Well I don't mind  admitting I'm moping around this morning like a big sad baby👶 . I'm gutted that we're gonna end up with over 90 points again and not win it.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather lose it by 3 pts than on goal difference. I don't know, it seems it would be 'easier' to stomach.

But on the other hand, even though my brain knows it's over, my heart wants it to go to the wire because it believes we can do it so long as it's not mathematically done.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #338: May 12, 2022 06:49:57 pm
      Will obviously be over the moon once this season is over - regardless of what happens now with the finals and the league, this is our most consistent season in history I’d say.

Win the champions league and FA Cup and it’s one of our best seasons ever and I’ll be over the moon and pissed as a handcart, but right now I want to just let this feeling of being gutted at the league going by again pass through me.

I hate that we’ve been so F***ing good, as good as I’ve ever seen and we only have one league title to show for it and we could t celebrate it properly. For me it still feels like we need closure when it comes to the league and it’s bugging me.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #339: May 12, 2022 07:34:40 pm
      Bristol rovers say otherwise.
      Keep the faith, Keith. I know you would secretly love it if we pipped them!

Course Bob  ;D
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #340: May 12, 2022 07:47:18 pm
      I mean we've pulled ourselves out of some serious sh*t in the past. We make Lazarus look like an amature but this one is like falling at the first fence at Aintree, getting up and winning on one leg, not gunner 'appen is it.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #341: May 12, 2022 07:53:14 pm
      Well I don't mind  admitting I'm moping around this morning like a big sad baby👶 . I'm gutted that we're gonna end up with over 90 points again and not win it.
      I am however immensely proud and privileged to be witnessing this team and our manager, both possibly the greatest we've had. All attention turns to Saturday I want that FA Cup then well the CL will  trump anything City have achieved this season and we owe Madrid one.

If we do double, then we are the most successful team in England this season. We would end up 1 more trophy then any other team in England and i cal live with that :D
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #342: May 13, 2022 12:03:01 am
      If "we" win three cups and City win the League who has had the better season? It's not a decisive conclusion, they have played the superior football, and they have have been superior to us in the two league matches against us, if bias is removed. They've been a machine in the run in and we haven't. And their squad is arguably equal to "ours."
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #343: May 13, 2022 01:19:42 am
      Quote from RedWilly
      Think it’s getting worse than that, it’s barely a two horse race. This will be 4 in 5 years and I think 6 in the last 10?

Personally think it’s going to continue and just become like the French league where every title is met with a shrug, literally no one cares, even their players must be bored of it, there’s no achievement in it.

Every league in the world is dominated by a handful of teams. But honestly, should we care about a two horse race, while we're one of the horses?

Quote from Isaac!
      If "we" win three cups and City win the League who has had the better season? It's not a decisive conclusion, they have played the superior football, and they have have been superior to us in the two league matches against us, if bias is removed. They've been a machine in the run in and we haven't. And their squad is arguably equal to "ours."

When you remove bias, you'll see that the head to head finished 4-4 on aggregate, with both sides taking the lead twice and losing it twice. You'll also see that we have taken 44 points from the last 48. We have also lost the fewest amount of games this year, are unbeaten at home again this season and are currently 17 league games without defeat. Another couple of wins rather than draws and we would be celebrating again instead of asking silly questions and demanding stupid answers.
      Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #344: May 13, 2022 09:17:00 am
      I will write down a scenario and let people decide if it's feasible
      As it stands
      1  Manchester City   36   28   5   3   94   22   +72   89   
      2  Liverpool           36   26   8   2   89   24   +65  86

Next match day:
      West Ham - City 3-1
      Southampton - LFC 0-3