Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Benfica?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      6 (8.7%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      18 (26.1%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      1 (1.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.4%)
      Luis Diaz
      3 (4.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      35 (50.7%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.4%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.4%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Voting closed: Apr 17, 2022 09:55:04 pm

Liverpool 3-3 Benfica: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10197 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Liverpool 3-3 Benfica: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Apr 13, 2022 11:49:08 pm
      I agree. But what has this to do with you being a c*nt? This is about tactical incompetence from Jürgen. In the past he had Buvac, now he only has Yes-Sayer Pep, not good enough and worrying. We need to fix this defense asap. We struggle against decent teams.

We need to fix our defence ? so please enlighten us with your wisdom fuckstick cos as far as a can tell our defence is pretty f***in solid, tactical incompetence has brought us league title, a Sixth European cup, and all the f***in rest of the silverware, a league cup this season and two other semi finals to look forward to, not forgetting a possible 20th league title,

Your the one being a cnut , not for the first time either,  sick of your f***in crap every other poster on this forum loves what Jürgen & his staff have turned is into except f***in you, if you don’t like what’s happening or enjoy what is a incredible part of our history then F**k off, CNUT !!!!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #323: Apr 13, 2022 11:54:51 pm
      I think some people forget just how spoilt we are.

I’m more of the persuasion that ppl just forget how much of a cnut he is ??
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #324: Apr 13, 2022 11:57:41 pm
      That Ali save was massive…
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #325: Apr 14, 2022 12:49:01 am
      3rd CL semi final in 5 seasons not too shabby at all.

Jürgen has us dining at the top table year in year out and it's F***ing fantastic.

Up feeding my wee man here and just thinking how much I can't wait to take him to his first match.

I'll be showing him a statue of Jürgen Klopp the way things are going.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #326: Apr 14, 2022 02:39:35 am
      :scarf:
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #327: Apr 14, 2022 04:19:12 am
      Wins a win. But, concerned about letting in 3 goals. 5 in 2 matches. Robbo played amazing. Tsimikas looked good too.

It seems that this team has periods of sloppy play which usually last 3 or 4 matches but this upcoming schedule is insane. With the City match, United and now Villarreal in the CL. But, I trust Klopp will work it out. He's like a Warlock. He always manages to get the squad up for it. MENTALITY MONSTERS!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #328: Apr 14, 2022 04:59:42 am
      Tsimikas has been very good. I don't blame Gomez, yes he was a RB and was supposed to defend but this high line is hard to keep when you don't play that much. I think he is showing that he's more than good enough cover for TAA, IMO. I'd prefer another Tsimikas on the right but I'm happy we have Gomez.

That being said, I think Klopp will realise that this high line is too risky when you're playing with a new line-up.

Konata's morphing into a Van Dijk. He's quick, strong, scores and can pass. He just needs to improve his overall positioning to excel like VvD.

Also, I was very happy with the front 3, they were very lively and now I'm much more serene about one of Mane and Salah leaving, it would be very unfortunate but it's clear we're no more dependent on them now. And we've seen that Salah and Mane can have their lows which cost us a lot on some days. Luckily now, we have good and hhungry strikers to cover for them.

Disappointed by the 3-3 but there's a lot of positives. Like Konate making a mistake during the first game, this one won't cost anything. So it's good to make it now.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #329: Apr 14, 2022 07:31:12 am

We made 3 changes at team back, no Trent, Virgil or Robbo, these changes contributed to the unfamiliar mistakes at the back.

Spot on. Notice 2 of the goals they got given as onside were from Konate and Gomez. Not lads in our regular back 4. Maybe that wouldn't have happened if Big Virg and Trent were in those positions. We will never know so who gives a sh*t?

We got though and we are in the semi final of the Champions League. Get the F**k innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..

2 more wins in the Comp and me, Crouchie and Dado are flying to Paris!!!

Comeoonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnn
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #330: Apr 14, 2022 08:10:34 am
      A few concerned with letting in 3, and thats fine, we shouldnt be ok with that no matter the circumstance or final outcome.

But to break it down

The first doesnt happen if Milner goes into challenge with his right foot, not sure why he went with his left and in a way which was always knocking the ball back to goal, great finish though

The 2nd I posted about after the game, no idea why Ali does an impression of the statue of liberty instead of coming out, he would have got there first

3rd goal is chest hair stuff for onside

We were not frail or cut apart for the goals in a way that you should be concerned over. The only 1 time I was concerned with was the last offside. All players got pulled to our left following the ball leaving a lot of space on their left which is where the ball for the goal came from, but thats a back 4 thats plays very little as a unit
      « Last Edit: Apr 14, 2022 08:30:10 am by Brian78 »
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #331: Apr 14, 2022 08:29:00 am
      As long as we go through. A draw doesn't matter. We were the better team over 180 minutes.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #332: Apr 14, 2022 08:31:25 am
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #333: Apr 14, 2022 08:42:52 am

And only twice have we gone out Im sure, chelsea 2009 and inter in 65. From the other 9 semis played we went on to win 6 european cups and lose 3 finals, Juve 85, Milan 07 and Real 18
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #334: Apr 14, 2022 08:50:11 am
      Wins a win. But, concerned about letting in 3 goals. 5 in 2 matches. Robbo played amazing. Tsimikas looked good too.

It seems that this team has periods of sloppy play which usually last 3 or 4 matches but this upcoming schedule is insane. With the City match, United and now Villarreal in the CL. But, I trust Klopp will work it out. He's like a Warlock. He always manages to get the squad up for it. MENTALITY MONSTERS!

It was the backup defence and benfica are good. so no worries man
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #335: Apr 14, 2022 08:56:48 am
      It was the backup defence and benfica are good. so no worries man

And Benfica are actual top level European matchday opponents playing to win against our backup defence. This experience will be invaluable for the players and they'll only get better from here. In fact, we now know what are the areas to fix and improve. So all good and no worries.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #336: Apr 14, 2022 10:14:47 am
      Decent game, good entertainment for t#e crowd, pity we couldn't win, but mainly, we are in semi finals of two competitions !
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #337: Apr 14, 2022 10:23:44 am
      Loving the all out going for it approach in these quest for glory games. No matter how many we concede you just know we are going to score plenty. Sunday is going to be another belter. I never want it to end!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #338: Apr 14, 2022 12:32:59 pm
      Despite the comms attempt to drum up panic. I never felt we were in danger of not going through. We were pushing for more goals and basically having a party on the pitch. After they drew level we got back to killing off the tie.

It's a season for the ages, so we may as well enjoy it.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #339: Apr 14, 2022 12:44:43 pm
      Just read that a supporter collapsed in the SKD stand before the match and later died at hospital. What sad news. Condolences to his family.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #340: Apr 14, 2022 02:08:23 pm
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #341: Apr 14, 2022 03:30:20 pm
       And I just read, since the founding of the european cup in 1954/55, no Liverpool fan has reached their 21st Birthday, without seeing Liverpool win the cup at least once !

W.T.F.  :o  I am amazed at that stat. Just incredible.  Fortunately, or unfortunately I'm old enough to have seen them all  :lmao: :lmao:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #342: Apr 14, 2022 04:37:56 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #343: Apr 14, 2022 06:18:20 pm

Oh my God first I heard of this....Tragic. May they rest in peace

What is going on at games these days?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #344: Apr 19, 2022 11:56:56 am
      Quote from billythered
      Hats off to Benfica, never gave up, played some great football, we were sloppy at times but credit where it’s due Benfica never parked their bus and gained a lot of respect.

So onto the semi’s we go and a real tough challenge V Villarreal, but that’s what we expect a tough opponent, we’re used to that now and although very difficult I can see yet another final on the horizon, tonight was far from spectacular we got the job done and like I said earlier performance wise wasn’t important the result was and we’ve done it.

Well done boys a third semi final in the same season isn’t  at all too shabby is it ?

Y  N  W  A

They had no choice but to take us on, and they lost.

Villarreal will be respected, but this should be a straight forward job. We're essentially facing a bunch of cobbled together EPL rejects, who have all lost games at Anfield before, right up to the manager himself. They're well organised, but they've also lost home and away to the mancs, which is an extraordinary feat this season. So wrap it up at home, and win it the easy way.

Quick Reply